Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

Pwnstar posted:

Cal: Master, how can I fight against evil without falling to the Dark Side?
Kreia, at it again: theres actually zero difference between good & bad things. you imbecile. you loving moron

Jesus christ Kreia as Star Wars dril is loving killing me, well done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Alkarl posted:

Jesus christ Kreia as Star Wars dril is loving killing me, well done

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a force ghost

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

so long suckers! i turn off my lightsaber and turn to face Darth Vader. when the blade passes through me im lying completely dead on the pavement

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pwnstar posted:

so long suckers! i turn off my lightsaber and turn to face Darth Vader. when the blade passes through me im more powerful than you could ever imagine

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

A bunch of previews just dropped but the only thing that really matters is that you can make Cal look like this

:allears:

edit: oh and further confirmation of Klaud's species

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Cross-Section posted:

A bunch of previews just dropped but the only thing that really matters is that you can make Cal look like this

This dude fishes by throwing thermal detonators in the lake

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

So he is a fashionista after all, it just turns out he likes to go for backwoods chic

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Cross-Section posted:

So this is what they delay was for.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Oh cal, some dudes should not have beards

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

White blade option too
Wonder if Inquisitor outfit/red saber will be NG+ again

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Soonmot posted:

Oh cal, some dudes should not have beards

I beg your pardon? That beard slaps

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

That handlebar moustache better not be premium!!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mutton chops and space camo is all I want from the game now

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ice Fist posted:

I beg your pardon? That beard slaps

Na he either needs to commit to the mustache or shave it off. Could stand to shape the chin a bit too if he's loosing the stache. This is a bad beard, and as someone sporting a billygoat beard, I know what bad beards look like

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXq3mdSNC1k

This is really shaping up to be really good, I'm pumped.

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

Cross-Section posted:

Jedi Matt Damon

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Game's even got chocobos that you can then yoshi-jump off of too :allears:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Cross-Section posted:

Colson Kestis.

Cabe Kestis.

Caleb Kestis.

Cletus Kestis.

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 3, 2023

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I want to give Cal a lovely wispy mustache now, the kind middle schoolers grow to prove they're a man.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Mr. Prokosch posted:

I want to give Cal a lovely wispy mustache now, the kind middle schoolers grow to prove they're a man.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Finally, Big Stache Mode

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Cross-Section posted:

They leaked the opening title crawl:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Vinylshadow posted:

White blade option too

There's also Gal Cal. (Mods only.)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

OhFunny posted:

There's also Gal Cal. (Mods only.)

suddenly I want to pick up the game again, though that doesn't change cal's voice, you'd have to mute it (there's other options but they're all male not fem)

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Cross-Section posted:

Cal looking like an 80s pro-wrestler rules.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Vinylshadow posted:

White blade option too

#05 is basically Jesse Plemons

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Cal needs a poncho that says FREE MUSTACHE RIDES

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I hope they put the new galaxy’s edge lightsaber parts in the game like they did with Fallen Order.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Have the developers said if you can customise your genitals, like in Cyberpunk?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

WattsvilleBlues posted:

There's more lightsaber customization, yes

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

isk posted:

#05 is basically Jesse Plemons

I was thinking Abraham off The Walking Dead

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

BD-1 needs a bigger scomp link

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/gamesradar/status/1643282111732891653?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Article on fast travel and Survivor

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"We designed the game without fast travel in mind" is a fine mindset, as long as you give me fast travel as an option regardless.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

From the article: "Fast travel's there, but you don't have to use it and we design everything without fast travel in mind."

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
They probably said that the first game was designed without fast travel in mind and boy does it desperately need it so I'm taking that with a grain of salt

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
You don't need fast travel if your main method of getting around is fast/fun.

Spider-man has fast travel, but swinging around all over town is fun.

Saints Row 4 has cars, but you also get super speed and super jumps to go all over the map.

gently caress, a BTTF-esque hoverboard, that you can do force powered tricks off of would be better than nothing, because there's room for fun there.

But if the best you have is either a light jog or maybe a healthy sprint - that's not going to cut it.

The only time you don't need both is if your world consists of environments no larger than an airplane hanger, tied together with narrow, 1 story hallways. But if you are going to have a huge open space to run around in, and a non-linear story where you have the freedom to explore - get yourself some goddamn fast travel points.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Spider-Man's an interesting comparison, I've praised its movement for being fun enough to not use fast travel. But I guess it's partly in the setup of the world too - in a largely open-air environment like NYC, it's easy to point yourself in the right direction and get anywhere pretty quickly. In Fallen Order, the levels are often so segmented and maze-y to get through that I think I'd still get tired of not having fast travel even if the movement was more fun than a dude running around.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wolfsheim posted:

They probably said that the first game was designed without fast travel in mind and boy does it desperately need it so I'm taking that with a grain of salt

Honestly it didn't need full fast travel, it just needed each planet to have 2-3 landing points like Metroid Prime 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

Spider-Man's an interesting comparison, I've praised its movement for being fun enough to not use fast travel. But I guess it's partly in the setup of the world too - in a largely open-air environment like NYC, it's easy to point yourself in the right direction and get anywhere pretty quickly. In Fallen Order, the levels are often so segmented and maze-y to get through that I think I'd still get tired of not having fast travel even if the movement was more fun than a dude running around.

Yes, trying to navigate a few of those planets is why I never did a second playthrough. I loved the game, but the thought of going back and running through those ridiculous mazes using that lovely map stopped me before I left the swamp Bogano or whateve the swampplaneet is