Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think cosmic crisp apples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

This chapter did not disappoint.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

symbolic posted:

broken record but holy poo poo what a chapter, Falling Devil is so sick

nagging suspicion this is fake Chainsaw Man, can't prove it tho

i love falling devil

i don't know if anyone besides denji is dumb enough to get mad at a primal fear devil for stealing apples while all of this other poo poo is going on lol

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

One thing i really like about the primal fear devil's compared to something like the gun devil, is so far is they both seem indifferent to humans. Both darkness and falling feel so far above everyone, and falling seems completely unworried about anything. It's fun to watch and makes you feel like the characters are in an inescapable situation. Good stuff.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Once again, crime doesn’t pay.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

MorningMoon posted:

I think cosmic crisp apples

Tim Cook

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ethiser posted:

Once again, crime doesn’t pay.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Big Leg posted:

i don't know if anyone besides denji is dumb enough to get mad at a primal fear devil for stealing apples while all of this other poo poo is going on lol

my theory has been viciously and tactically torn apart by a few friends and after both this+being one of the droolers who didnt anticipate a devil making people fall as the Falling Devil i don't believe i have it in me to be a theorycrafter

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so. what if denji ate falling devil? i don't think there's any way for that to turn out well.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Falling Devil rules

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

symbolic posted:

my theory has been viciously and tactically torn apart by a few friends and after both this+being one of the droolers who didnt anticipate a devil making people fall as the Falling Devil i don't believe i have it in me to be a theorycrafter

don't fall into despair. as a coward, i only say things like 'wow fujimoto, i liked some of the words and pictures in the new chapter :thumbsup:' to make sure i don't get mercilessly trolled by the Chainsaw Man(ga) thread

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
My boy Denji’s grown from getting owned by Makima to going toe to toe with a primal fear devil, I’m so proud of him

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
It’s more head-to-head than toe-to-toe.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

one of the ways you should know this is Denji, besides caring about the apples above things like human mutilation, is that he has fought for so long as chainsaw man that hes going head to head with fally while being dismembered. I love that last 2 pages there his head is completely off, hes cut in half, but hes still choppin! Denji is quite unstoppable now.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Chainsaw Man(ga): Bdroom?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so. what if denji ate falling devil? i don't think there's any way for that to turn out well.

Nothing would happen. Denji does not have the Chainsaw Devil power of erasing things.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
we've never seen denji eat a devil while being chainsaw man

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
the falling devil needs to show some respect to the farmers who grew that apple

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Does Denji even know that Chainsaw Devil has a power to eat other Devils and their concepts? I don't remember anyone ever telling him.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

When no one was looking, the Falling Devil
took forty apples. She took 40 apples.
That's as many as four tens.
And that's terrible.

This seems like a good time to post Apple Rankings, the only website I know of that ranks apples: https://applerankings.com/

According to them SweeTango Apples are the best of the best, so falling Devil should probably go with those if she can get them.

Falling Devil is so charming, I know she's a human eating abomination but by gosh is she likeable! She's so dedicated to her craft.

She did kind of jinx herself just now though with the whole "it's impossible to kill me by any means humanity currently possesses" thing. You're about to fight a girl who can just make up weapons, get ready to be killed by something humanity has never even seen before.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 4, 2023

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Lt. Lizard posted:

Does Denji even know that Chainsaw Devil has a power to eat other Devils and their concepts? I don't remember anyone ever telling him.

No, no one has ever been shown in comic explaining to Denji that the Chainsaw Devil can erase devils and their concepts by eating them.

Also, when Yoshida made a weird joke (?) about Chainsaw Man eating the Death Devil Denji's response was to look at Yoshida like he was insane and then go tell Asa that everyone had gone crazy heavily implying Denji had no idea WTF Yoshida was talking about.

So, yeah, at this point it seems like the Chainsaw Devil's power to erase things by eating them is something the audience (and Yoshida) knows about, but not Denji.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No, no one has ever been shown in comic explaining to Denji that the Chainsaw Devil can erase devils and their concepts by eating them.

Also, when Yoshida made a weird joke (?) about Chainsaw Man eating the Death Devil Denji's response was to look at Yoshida like he was insane and then go tell Asa that everyone had gone crazy heavily implying Denji had no idea WTF Yoshida was talking about.

So, yeah, at this point it seems like the Chainsaw Devil's power to erase things by eating them is something the audience (and Yoshida) knows about, but not Denji.

lol i never even realized that

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

And Kishibe

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Steve Yun posted:

And Kishibe

We cut to Kishibe in a bar, drinking alone on a Tuesday.

Kishibe: Oh, right. I never let Denji know about that whole Chainsaw Devil being able to erase parts of reality by eating other devils thing. Maybe I should go find him and-

Bartender: Happy Hour starts in five minutes.

Kishibe:... gently caress it, I'll do it tomorrow.

Arrested Development Narrator Voice: He did not do it tomorrow.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Kishibe probably knows better than to tell Denji a goddamned thing about that power.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Insanely cool and good chapter

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

Kishibe probably knows better than to tell Denji a goddamned thing about that power.

Denji: Oh, neat. On a completely unrelated note anyone know where I can find the Women's Clothes Devil

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

bees x1000 posted:

We may have found it.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

CharlestonJew posted:

ImpAtom posted:

Denji: Oh, neat. On a completely unrelated note anyone know where I can find the Women's Clothes Devil

Rejection Devil: Hello Denji
Denji: Hello Rejection Devil (pulls ripcord)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7218247373435309358

Apples. Isaac Newton. Gravity.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Steve Yun posted:

Rejection Devil: Go away, Denji

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Steve Yun posted:

Rejection Devil: Hello Denji

The Every Woman You Are Romantically Attracted to is Planning to Kill you Devil: (start sweating nervously)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

bees x1000 posted:

God, I think that's just become one of my favorite single pages in this whole series.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what if denji defeats the falling devil by becoming her boyfriend

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tatsuki Fujimoto is REALLY good at oneshots.

In addition to Look Back and Goodbye Eri Viz put up some of his "before Chainsaw man" early works and they're all so weird and funny and also kind of heartfelt in strange but sincere ways.

Anyway, my prediction/fear for the next chapter is that Falling Devil is going to hit Denji with all the repressed trauma he has from losing Power and Aki and we'll get a flashback of their time together and it'll make me cry and Denji fly up into Hell.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Stairmaster posted:

what if denji defeats the falling devil by becoming her boyfriend

I doubt the Falling Devil would be interested in Denji, she wants a guy with good taste :rimshot:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

I doubt the Falling Devil would be interested in Denji, she wants a guy with good taste :rimshot:

Nobody loves good food as much as Denji

Of course he loves trash too but that doesn’t diminish how much he loves good food

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

secretly best girl posted:

God, I think that's just become one of my favorite single pages in this whole series.

Denji pulling the ripcord so hard it goes over fallings head is great paneling its almost like impossible physically but it just works at selling the moment so hard

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Well, they’re separate panels so it’s not trying to suggest it’s actually above her head

But with Fujimoto’s crowded paneling… maybe it’s suggested as an idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Falling also appears to use sickles that pop in and out of existence. Or are they her mantis arms?