Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's amazing how utterly inconsequential in terms of impact on gaming trends Bioshock Infinite has turned out to be. On the other hand, Bioshock (or BioShock) is still golden standard for 'shooters with plot', so Ken Levine didn't even need to make Infinite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Grassy Knowles posted:

This was my favorite I lost the original post link

:cheers:

Babe Magnet posted:

my man jeff with the 24 hour sleep cycle, hit the hay all day. if you awake you a fake. it's bedtime bitch

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Deki posted:

When that came out my little dumb rear end didn't realize it was a standalone story and spent the first third of the movie wondering when the gently caress Cloud and Barrett were gonna show up

I've always thought of it as a prequel to FF7

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Tysm you’re a true artist

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Paladinus posted:

It's amazing how utterly inconsequential in terms of impact on gaming trends Bioshock Infinite has turned out to be. On the other hand, Bioshock (or BioShock) is still golden standard for 'shooters with plot', so Ken Levine didn't even need to make Infinite.

Yeah say what you want about The Last Of Us but you can't argue that it wasn't influential

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nuns with Guns posted:

Here is something that loops Roger Ebert, Bioshock Infinite Is the Greatest Art, and a SA Legend all up into one neat little ball:

https://twitter.com/retronauts/status/1643247253543596033

CliffyBOlsenTwinsPost.jpg

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah say what you want about The Last Of Us but you can't argue that it wasn't influential

Part 2, though...

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Last of Us is pretty good as a murder simulator but they try to make you feel bad about all the murdering. you can't have it both ways.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I tried the Last of Us recently because it was free on PS Plus and it just didn't click for me. it felt like a game that intentionally set out to punish me for the crime of wanting to have fun.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just watch the HBO show. Much better than the game lol.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

vyelkin posted:

I tried the Last of Us recently because it was free on PS Plus and it just didn't click for me. it felt like a game that intentionally set out to punish me for the crime of wanting to have fun.

that's how you know it's powerful art, not just a distraction for babies

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Paladinus posted:

inconsequential impact on gaming trends, yes, but 3D animation on the other hand...

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The Last of Us is a game that really wants you to think and take it seriously. It is also a game so afraid of being called a walking simulator that it populates its cities with human enemies indistinguishable from orcs in their love of violence.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TLOU was ok.

The ending was stupid AF though and I’ll die on that hill.

I’m playing through TLOU2 and it’s ok I guess.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think the story is fun in the last of us 1 and 2 and makes me feel and the gameplay is fun.

I like the protagonist switch up. It did make me think lol. I spent a while going nooo why am I this rear end in a top hat! Agh. And then at the end I’m like Nooo don’t kill that rear end in a top hat!

That was fun

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Thanks for the explanations about Sleepy Jeff. I was growing concerned that we had yet another site owner addicted to sleep aids. (Did anyone ever dunk on Lowtax with "Something Awful, more like Something Ambien amirite"? If not, I'm taking credit for a lame joke made a couple years too late.)

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

devil may cry 3 was the 80’s schwarzenegger action movie of videogames

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ulvir posted:

devil may cry 3 was the 80’s schwarzenegger action movie of videogames

compare Devil May Cry to Last of Us. one desperately wants to be taken seriously so much that it becomes absurd. the other leans into the inherent stupidity of videogames and by doing so transcends it. much to ponder.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Thanks for the explanations about Sleepy Jeff. I was growing concerned that we had yet another site owner addicted to sleep aids. (Did anyone ever dunk on Lowtax with "Something Awful, more like Something Ambien amirite"? If not, I'm taking credit for a lame joke made a couple years too late.)

He certainly abused Ambien, true.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Marcade posted:

gently caress

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

:mrgw:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I regard Bioshock Infinite as the Citizen Kane of video games, but I’ve never seen Citizen Kane, so I’m just assuming that the movie also turns into a rushed incoherent mess with bullet sponge enemies halfway through

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

The Forbidden Word

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

to sleep perchance to aids

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

skeleton warrior posted:

I regard Bioshock Infinite as the Citizen Kane of video games, but I’ve never seen Citizen Kane, so I’m just assuming that the movie also turns into a rushed incoherent mess with bullet sponge enemies halfway through

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

So after about a year break, I came back to following this thread (well, the last one) just recently to catch the details about SPR's saga.

Now that I'm finally caught up: what's with the sleepy Jeff jokes? Clearly I missed something during my hiatus.

heres some context from SAD thread Meet the Mod Team

insane anime posted:

FluffDaddy.
Sniping tfort pubbies from the crows nest headshottin 6ers on some MLG poo poo. literally 100+ probations/bans issued in the last 24 hours. (26-25 feb) less than 10 posts in the new feed back discussion since its opening lol

Astral
On some now you see me now you don't poo poo . backstabbed ~20 threads out of the forum and dipped without being seent lol. montage reel

Jeffery of Yospos
hes soooo sleepy lol

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm closing this now. I'm crashing.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm falling asleep and uhh

Wintertime. Mute lol

Pragmatica. Abused, carrying his rear end off for an ungrateful team

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

So after about a year break, I came back to following this thread (well, the last one) just recently to catch the details about SPR's saga.

Now that I'm finally caught up: what's with the sleepy Jeff jokes? Clearly I missed something during my hiatus.

Also welcome back, appreciate your postin

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

the only good zombie games are the residents evil

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Marcade posted:

bro

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Psycho Landlord posted:

the only good zombie games are the residents evil

House of the Dead :colbert:

Windyblade
Oct 17, 2005

I hope we're still friends after I taser you.

Marcade posted:

:eyepop:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Marcade posted:

deep cut :sicknasty:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

please stop

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

haha what posted:

please stop

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Grassy Knowles posted:

Also welcome back, appreciate your postin

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jeffrey is sleepy because he sleeps a lot in his big bed while wearing a night cap and a onesie its very disgraceful

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jeff seeing the glow of the forums on his monitor

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just watch the HBO show. Much better than the game lol.

someone said to me recently that the game is now obsolete because the only thing it had going for it was the story and now the show does the story better

the gameplay was not the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Sudden Impact starts in 6 minutes