Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm being a lil rat on factory. Just sitting at the extract room with the door closed. Anybody who opens this door is getting a shotgun to the face. It's what I deserve it's what they deserve I'm sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
HAHAHAHAHA I RUINED THAT NERD'S SATURDAY MORNING EAT poo poo

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Lmao it's like just the right time in the wipe for people to not even think about campers in the factory extract. That's like some prime week 1 rat moves.

I like to chill crouched in the front-loader bucket near the crashed fence by scav camp on interchange. You have to climb up the broken wall and hop into it but you can crouch and you won't silhouette and so many people go through that hole towards railway extract and will never see you. You can also see a clear line of sight across basically half the outside of the map since you're elevated slightly.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

Saturday morning is 100% the best time to play Factory. Who needs coffee??

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

saturday morning extract camping is an absolute treat. you can do this on other maps in lots of places too if you like that kind of despicable behavior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw6ZW8qDo7Y

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Extract camping shoreline is extremely slept on. In my experience so few people actually bother camping in the rocks above tunnel that nobody checks it anymore so it's just easy kills on nerds coming down to extract. Similarly there's just endless bushes around path to lighthouse to pop out of and dumpster chads as they scurry out of resort.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Fart Car '97 posted:

Extract camping shoreline is extremely slept on.
Umm...

The southwest exit had to be one of the gnarliest in the game until they opened up the northwest. We had to clear a huge area every time, and if it wasn't campers it was teams of bipedal mountains sprinting southbound straight to us.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
God drat deceive Inc is good.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Shumagorath posted:

Umm...

The southwest exit had to be one of the gnarliest in the game until they opened up the northwest. We had to clear a huge area every time, and if it wasn't campers it was teams of bipedal mountains sprinting southbound straight to us.

I guess I meant to specify "lately", I haven't been exit camped on shoreline in like 3 wipes

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I got my 3rd Salewa. I have accomplished all my goals for Tarkov this wipe. Great game, gonna come back to it one day.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

What’s the point of turning on power in interchange? Also how do you escape through the basement safe room? Even using a wiki some mechanics are baffling.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

weekly font posted:

What’s the point of turning on power in interchange? Also how do you escape through the basement safe room? Even using a wiki some mechanics are baffling.
0) Have the basement keycard
1) Turn on power
2) Run up to the burger joint at the back of the top floor
3) Push a hidden button at the urinal
4) Sprint down to the Hell Mouth and near the break between the two sections of the underground garage you'll see a door
5) Open that door
6) Loot the items
7) Open the inner door to loot Killa's stash
8) Close the outer door to extract

NOT SHOWN: Get green-tipped in the eye somewhere after you push the upstairs button, and have a scav loot the extract and seal themself in.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Interchange has been de-fogged. Maybe now it won't be so spooky.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Shumagorath posted:

NOT SHOWN: Get green-tipped in the eye somewhere after you push the upstairs button, and have a scav loot the extract and seal themself in.

I did this once as a scav, and killed a PMC through the door with a shotgun.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

0) Have the basement keycard
1) Turn on power
2) Run up to the burger joint at the back of the top floor
3) Push a hidden button at the urinal
4) Sprint down to the Hell Mouth and near the break between the two sections of the underground garage you'll see a door
5) Open that door
6) Loot the items
7) Open the inner door to loot Killa's stash
8) Close the outer door to extract

That sounds like a massive pain in the dick

Orv
May 4, 2011

Arrath posted:

Welcome to Tarkov.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Escape from Tarkov:

Arrath posted:

A friend and I pulled it off once, but I've scooped it from someone else 3-4 times. One time we got stuck super late in the raid and seeing that door open while we charged down the Hell Mouth was like a gift from the dark gods.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Arrath posted:

Used to be my squad's main extract on Interchange a while back. Someone else would almost always turn on the power for us at some point. Once we were ready to leave all we had to do was draw straws to see who would go upstairs and push the toilet button.

We found it much easier and faster to leave this way instead of doing the run outside.

Of course, it also comes with the bonus of a bunch of nice loot.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

That's fair, I always hate having to run all the way to railway.

I never, ever remember to bring cash.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i was trying to farm up some fence rep and the last like 6 times i've run to the car it hasn't been there

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

It's really frustrating having the game glitch your gun 3 times in a row after firing a single shot. I love having to do a restart to be able to do things like open doors again.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Arrath posted:

Video Games > Escape from Tarkov: That sounds like a massive pain in the dick

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The best SPT change you can do is making items you buy count as found in raid. Holy gently caress do I not want to grind hats Ragman.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Holy crap the fog removal on interchange is incredible. You can actually see more than 20ft in front of you and flashlights work.

So crazy that they left that garbage in for years.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Somehow Interchange is scarier now that I can see Killa do a sick slide and shoot me from down the hall.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Now you can see the LoD pop in on anything further away than twenty feet! The number of times I have tried to shoot people through fences on Interchange that weren’t rendered is not low.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

weekly font posted:

The best SPT change you can do is making items you buy count as found in raid. Holy gently caress do I not want to grind hats Ragman.

That's essentially the way it used to be before FIR was added.

I miss it a lot :(

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Also new in interchange lighting, when i get near a strip light when in the car park, it just goes out completely, till im like 10 feet away again?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

My first post to become a thread title, rad.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
So it was someone in this thread that made me aware of The Cycle Frontier. Not trying to pull anyone away from EFT, but in case anyone did want to dip their toes into it or just want a place to chat about it I made a thread. Pretty different from EFT, but after all the cheating it was nice to have an alternative extraction shooter.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
interchange looks so good now, shame about the audio (same with reserve and health resort @ shoreline). audio seems to be good or decent on labs, woods, streets mostly though i've had a few issues in certain less-traversed buildings.

health resort is the absolute worst though, if you are on any of the stairs you straight up cannot hear anyone until they are in line of sight.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

i have given up hope of resort ever being fixed. some patches it is better, some patches it is worse but it is never as it should be.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Definitely going to look into one of the improved spawn point mods for SPT. Gets a bit old to hear a rash of gunfire and stumble upon half the bots on the map lying dead around the OK Corral RUAF Checkpoint.

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.

Arrath posted:

Definitely going to look into one of the improved spawn point mods for SPT. Gets a bit old to hear a rash of gunfire and stumble upon half the bots on the map lying dead around the OK Corral RUAF Checkpoint.

that happens in live, too

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Vayra posted:

that happens in live, too

Oh sure, but thanks to the power of mods I might be able to somewhat alleviate it, if not fix it.

I'm sure I will come to regret this as I get shot up sprinting through a previously Known Safe Zone.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Arrath posted:

Oh sure, but thanks to the power of mods I might be able to somewhat alleviate it, if not fix it.

I'm sure I will come to regret this as I get shot up sprinting through a previously Known Safe Zone.

Just make sure you don't make it so Dorms is empty and USEC Stash is a war zone :v:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
New event is up, therapist wants 10 million (non-fir) bandages. You can just buy them from her and hand them right back if you have too many rubles laying around :yayclod:

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/bandage

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

You will get all these items if you open the launcher and click on top-right your name and then "activate code".

The codes are, case sensitive:

PODCASTNIGHT
VAULTING
60PLAYERS
UNITY2021
STREETSBOSS

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Vahakyla posted:

You will get all these items if you open the launcher and click on top-right your name and then "activate code".

The codes are, case sensitive:

PODCASTNIGHT
VAULTING
60PLAYERS
UNITY2021
STREETSBOSS

Is there a time limit on these? I'm away from my pc for the next two weeks, wouldn't mind some loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Delivery from the Past is an unreasonably hard mission for how early it shows up.