Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

evilbastard posted:

Scott Morrison has fuelled speculation that he is poised to quit politics within months declaring “how good” life was despite the Aston by-election loss – as primary support for the Liberal Party crashes to 33 per cent.

I love how his attitude is like: "Well my job here is done".

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
I see Fairfax et al are already trying to trivialise The Indigenous Voice to Parliament by just referring to it as "The Voice" like it's some loving Reality Talent Quest....

Call it by its name for fucks sake...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
It's been referred to as the voice since it became a live issue during the last election.

E: The Uluru statement from the heart website calls it the voice. Confect more outrage at the God drat LIEberals though.

JBP fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Apr 3, 2023

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Cable Guy posted:

I see Fairfax et al are already trying to trivialise The Indigenous Voice to Parliament by just referring to it as "The Voice" like it's some loving Reality Talent Quest....

Call it by its name for fucks sake...

oh good now Dutton will argue this for the next 3 months.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I love how his attitude is like: "Well my job here is done".

I can only presume Scumo has a new job lined up now.

And he can do the Dirty on Dutton and everyone else who supported him.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The voice? John Farnham?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The whispering jack actual and guaranteed final tour to parliament.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://twitter.com/GaryFallon2/status/1642803988419723265?s=20

I hope they both do the dirty on dutton.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Dumb and dumber

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Losing the shire.... I'm on board.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Any chances the Robodebt RC recommends charges are brought against these ghouls?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I always remember Stuart Robert cos years ago some journo on Insiders said he was the least intelligent person in the liberal party.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

EoinCannon posted:

I always remember Stuart Robert cos years ago some journo on Insiders said he was the least intelligent person in the liberal party.

That's actually quite impressive

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Any chances the Robodebt RC recommends charges are brought against these ghouls?

libs getting punished??? lol

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Capt.Whorebags posted:

We can only hope. As automated processes get better and more available they will only be used by these shitheads for more cruelty. Coming soon: mutual obligations sentinels

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

With the election drubbing and teals taking a few of their seats are there even enough moderate Liberals in the Coalition to get any changes in approach into place? Seems like they'll just keep pushing hyper-regressive poo poo until the election cycle bounces them back into power.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Outside of some Evangelical organization, who the hell would hire Morrison after his stellar run as PM?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Konomex posted:

Outside of some Evangelical organization, who the hell would hire Morrison after his stellar run as PM?

A company that wants his political connections (such as they are) and doesn't really care about what the general public think of them. I can't really think of what that might be right now, defence manufacturers?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Konomex posted:

After being fired by Tourism Australia who the hell would make him a candidate for office/vote for him/make him PM?

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Senor Tron posted:

With the election drubbing and teals taking a few of their seats are there even enough moderate Liberals in the Coalition to get any changes in approach into place? Seems like they'll just keep pushing hyper-regressive poo poo until the election cycle bounces them back into power.

The bigger problem for the Liberals is the fact conservative media has brain rotted themselves to a point that they’re just not concerned about economics anymore. This has long been the bread and butter of why people believe the Liberals should be in power.

I remember the Herald Sun full court pressing Rudd and Gillard every single day of the week with pages and pages of economy related hit pieces. In today’s Herald Sun? Albo is mentioned once and that’s in a small article related to the LNP gathering to discuss the Voice. Our inflation might as well not exist either, there’s a single 1/3 page article specifically hitting the RBA and not Labor.

And the letter to the editor section? Writer after writer screaming that LNP lost Aston because they chose a left wing woke candidate. If it isn’t crying about the woke mind virus, it’s people talking about Porter Davis or brachycephalic dog breeds. Nothing about Labor not addressing cost of living or inflation or labour/material costs.

jeffreyw fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 4, 2023

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Be interesting to see where he ends up. For companies still engaged in lobbying the government there's probably real value to giving a role to someone like Abbott or Morrison, because it means in backroom dealings with current politicians they know they'll look after them after they leave office no matter what so long as they vote the right way now.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

EoinCannon posted:

A company that wants his political connections (such as they are) and doesn't really care about what the general public think of them. I can't really think of what that might be right now, defence manufacturers?

DependsTM

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A possibility is that he heads on the lucrative US right-wing talking circuit.

His "daggy dad" persona will work more there as the yanks fawn over his accent. And all his speeches just need to be "I used to be PM of Australia. I stopped the horde of immigrants in boats. I fought against the woke menace. Because Jesus."

Also him running away when the Libs are clearly in a hole is entirely on brand for the cowardly fundamentalist useless fuckwit.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Senor Tron posted:

After being fired by Tourism Australia who the hell would make him a candidate for office/vote for him/make him PM?

There’s decent money in the private sector for former politicians who know how the system works from the inside. I’m casually acquainted with a former MP who went that route.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

jeffreyw posted:

The bigger problem for the Liberals is the fact conservative media has brain rotted themselves to a point that they’re just not concerned about economics anymore. This has long been the bread and butter of why people believe the Liberals should be in power.

I remember the Herald Sun full court pressing Rudd and Gillard every single day of the week with pages and pages of economy related hit pieces. In today’s Herald Sun? Albo is mentioned once and that’s in a small article related to the LNP gathering to discuss the Voice. Our inflation might as well not exist either, there’s a single 1/3 page article specifically hitting the RBA and not Labor.

And the letter to the editor section? Writer after writer screaming that LNP lost Aston because they chose a left wing woke candidate. If it isn’t crying about the woke mind virus, it’s people talking about Porter Davis or brachycephalic dog breeds. Nothing about Labor not addressing cost of living or inflation or labour/material costs.

It's amazing how fast it seems like this change was. I suppose the period of revolving door liberal PMs made them feel invincible to the point where the entirety of the old playbook just fell out of memory, and it was all replaced with imitation American culture war.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

EoinCannon posted:

Miners/fossil fuels.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bargearse posted:

There’s decent money in the private sector for former politicians who know how the system works from the inside. I’m casually acquainted with a former MP who went that route.

I worked at a bowlo and Morris Iemma was the 'community manager' and let me tell you for someone whos entire responsibility was to give grants to his childrens the community sports teams he sure spent a lot of time in meetings with state/local politicians, clubsNSW and aristrocrat/TAB and club management talking about poker machines and strategizing on how to best fight lobby against pokies reform.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Doesn't Morrison get the full PM pension now or when he resigns from parliment?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Doesn't Morrison get the full PM pension now or when he resigns from parliment?

No. Defined benefits for parliamentarians ended in 2004.

E: I think he gets an office and free flights, but the perks change with the whim of whoever is in charge.

JBP fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 4, 2023

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
he should be shackled under parliament house

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Non Compos Mentis posted:

thats just an illusory copy the real one is living in engadine maccas

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Should let him know there's a nice cask of amontillado waiting for him down there

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Bargearse posted:

Is there any evidence that sugests that Scumbo knows how anything works, ever? I mean, Jenny, sure but the big worthless sack of poo poo? That's stretching credibility.

Also

https://www.liberal.org.au/our-team

Andrew Hastie, then daylight really. Some of the women are vaguely plausible but I really don't see any of them having the numbers when push comes to push. The derth of talent is really quite impressive.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
There's seriously an LNP member whose name is Ian Goodenough? C'mon.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
With the tiktok ban from government devices, does anyone here know what other apps are banned from government devices? Like do they have an "approved apps" list and you can only download them if they hit that list (which presumably tiktok has been removed from) or are these melted brained pricks still free to download "COIN RUSH XXL! XD" and have all their data scraped?

EDIT: I'm try to distinguish whether this is just another outshoot of "China BAD" rhetoric we're importing from the US or whether this is a fair appraisal of security risks, which would also includes things like the facebook app, or snapchat.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I had a work phone when I worked for the federal government and we never got a lecture on not installing apps on it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

They just don't want the kids of tiktok getting climate pilled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

hooman posted:

"China BAD" rhetoric

I think it's just this. I don't think TikTok harvests anything different to the other social media apps, but people are happy for them to supply info to the "right" governments