Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kneecaps posted:

Which episode is the DILF Den stuff from? I keep seeing it referenced but I'm not sure where it's from.

The Covenant from this week.

Really good ep from start to finish, I was laughing my rear end off at the reoccurring Nicky's bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, the Covenant ep was everything I was hoping for. Just utter venom for the stupidity on display and amazing bits like DILF Den (complete with call back to the "Son Swap" running gag that started on the Nexus) and the Nicky's "bar". This LRM has been one of the best by far.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

explosivo posted:

Really good ep from start to finish, I was laughing my rear end off at the reoccurring Nicky's bit.

"I gotta go refill the tap on the Cherry Coke!" Yeah, Nicky's was great.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

explosivo posted:

I kept expecting them to lean in on kids ordering frosty root beers, or the tough kids wanting ginger beer.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Watching Long Kiss Goodnight and holy crap it's directed by Renny Harlin and now I know what my We Love Movies recommendation is going to be from here on out

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 1, 2023

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

B-Rock452 posted:

Watching Long Kiss Goodnight and holy crap it's directed by Renny Harlin and now I know what my We Love Movies recommendation is going to be from here on out

Oh yeah, that movie hits. That Shane Black can write a movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ape-ril Dispatch is out.

Episode 667 — Dunston Checks In

Episode 668 — Monkey Shines

Episode 669 — Any Which Way You Can

Episode 670 — Rampage (2018)

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — Planet of the Apes (1968)

Animation Damnation — Donkey Kong Country: "Vote of Kong-Fidence" (s2, e8)

The Nexus: TOS: "Elaan of Troyious" (s3 e13) TNG: "The Most Toys" (s3, e22)

Gleep Glossary: Wicket W. Warrick

Melr0210: 90210: "Things to do on a Rainy Day" (s2, e26), Melrose Place: "Duet for One" (s2, e13)

The Mandalorian Half Hour: Chapter 22, Chapter 23, Chapter 24

Once in a Lifetime: Spymate (2003)*

*we know, technically not a Lifetime movie, but it fits well with Ape-Ril and it's absolutely not a REAL movie either. You'll love it!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Good choice for WLM but I'm surprised they didn't go with King Kong.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Good choice for WLM but I'm surprised they didn't go with King Kong.

Probably didn't want to overlap with their upcoming virtual live show. And they have to save something for Ape-ril Two! Two! Two!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That Donkey Kong Country episode is going to kill them. That show looked bad at the time.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

SilentChaz posted:

Probably didn't want to overlap with their upcoming virtual live show. And they have to save something for Ape-ril Two! Two! Two!

drat that's right. Forgot about that live show.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I’m so excited about that stupid Donkey Kong cartoon.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

The Deleter posted:

That Donkey Kong Country episode is going to kill them. That show looked bad at the time.

After what they did to my poor ReBoot, I can’t wait to listen

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I am a bit sad that I won't be able to listen to them cover The Birdcage as a WLM, since it's a live show nowhere near where I live. I loving love that movie. Hopefully it's released on the feed at some point. I'd pay for it, for the same good cause the live show is going towards.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

thrawn527 posted:

I am a bit sad that I won't be able to listen to them cover The Birdcage as a WLM, since it's a live show nowhere near where I live. I loving love that movie. Hopefully it's released on the feed at some point. I'd pay for it, for the same good cause the live show is going towards.

Even if they put out a recording of the live show in the summer, those shows are often lacking due to time constraints. Really bummed about this too.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

B-Rock452 posted:

I saw The Long Kiss Goodnight in theaters and didn't like it at all. It felt like a derivative mish mash of Scream, Silence of the Lambs and Seven. We wound up calling it Seven Screaming Lambs.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
You might be thinking of a different movie, cause none of that sounds like Long Kiss Goodnight

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
The only guess I can possibly make is he is thinking of Kiss the Girls...

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The Dunston Checks-in episode starts with a 5 minute tangent about finger banging an orangutan.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Dunston Checks Slit is quite the episode

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Tato posted:

Dunston Checks Slit is quite the episode

I just hit that point and they weren’t kidding when they classified this as an Advanced Listening WHM

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jose Oquendo posted:

The Dunston Checks-in episode starts with a 5 minute tangent about finger banging an orangutan.

Well, they warned us.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

swiped it with his credit card

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Who started it? Was it Eric? I bet it was Eric. loving Eric.

*Star Wars horn blares*

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Steve started the slit talk.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

:wrong: it was Eric with the fingerbang limerick

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
What was the total "slit" count anyway? I had seven by the end, but I could have missed one or two.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Arson Daily posted:

:wrong: it was Eric with the fingerbang limerick

A) I didn't recognize it, but I'd definitely heard of it when they found the full lyrics

B) I found it mildly funny that they really couldn't seem to connect the dots on the "row row row boat" melody.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Everything from Tim Burton's Birthday Party needs to be stitched together and sent to DeepBlueInk.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

BiggerBoat posted:

I saw The Long Kiss Goodnight in theaters and didn't like it at all. It felt like a derivative mish mash of Scream, Silence of the Lambs and Seven. We wound up calling it Seven Screaming Lambs.

You’re thinking of Kiss the Girls.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
They were on fire this ep. They really need to keep digging into terrible 90’s kids films, it’s guaranteed gold. Milk Money and Blank Check is right there.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

The Modern Leper posted:

You might be thinking of a different movie, cause none of that sounds like Long Kiss Goodnight

B-Rock452 posted:

The only guess I can possibly make is he is thinking of Kiss the Girls...

God dammit you're right. I mixed it up with Kiss the Girls.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I was 100% expecting Eric to sign off as Eric Slitska

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Catching up to the Nexus, it is interesting to see how down they all were on "In the Pale Moonlight." I think getting it in listener request month was dooming them to not like it. You can't just drop into an episode halfway through the war story and see them understand the greater context of it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Yeah, the later seasons of DS9 are basically serialized stories that you can't just drop in on. Though there's always a couple one off episodes where Quark gets a sex change for an episode's comedy plot or something.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

They were weirdly down on Civil Defense too. I do think Pale Moonlight is an interesting choice though, there’s not that much humor to mine.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i'm watching thru DS9 for the first time (just started season 4) and Civil Defense is easily my favorite episode so far.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The Dunston execution bit going straight into the Ernest execution bit had me in tears good god.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pops Mgee posted:

The Dunston execution bit going straight into the Ernest execution bit had me in tears good god.

"Do you have anything to say?"

*CLAP CLAP CLAP*

-loving killed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

GoutPatrol posted:

Catching up to the Nexus, it is interesting to see how down they all were on "In the Pale Moonlight." I think getting it in listener request month was dooming them to not like it. You can't just drop into an episode halfway through the war story and see them understand the greater context of it.

Honestly I don't think they give a lot of the episodes of Trek they do - especially DS9 - like a proper watch of it. Every time it just sounds like they kind of skim things and miss all the interesting stuff about it. ItPM sets up stuff perfectly fine within the episode to stand alone, though what you most need knowledge of is Garak's character probably to get the most out of it. (I didn't listen to the episode, also might break my heart a little since I ended up writing a dissertation about that episode in the GBS Trek thread and spent more time doing just that then the gang spent collectively thinking about that ep based on feedback here.)

The WLM stuff shows how they can not be down on something but.. I just kinda don't get what they are doing with some of their content like the Trek stuff.

I kinda gave up on their Patreon after a while partially because of that, partially because the only thing I found really good on it was the Gleep Glossary stuff, though of course in that vein very little can top the two best friends Mike Stoklassa and Rich Evans in Top 10 things you didn't know about Darth Vader's suit.

Threw the WHM crew 8 bucks for a few years though.

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 6, 2023