Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I am 6-1 so far today in Ranked Wild. The list has changed a bit.

### Beasty Boys
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Sunscale Raptor
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (2) Scavenging Hyena
# 2x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 1x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 2x (4) Stonebound Gargon
# 2x (5) Shadehound
# 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
#
AAEBAa/XAwTbkQS9oATnuQSwkwUNuwXZCYEK6rsCoIUDpIgDos4D2+oDlPwDg8gEv9MEvOMEwO0EAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Got a "challenge a friend quest" if anyone wants 1800xp, Gearmaster#2297 is my name but I'm in the European region.

Or maybe I should just hold onto it for next week? Since it's basically a weekly in terms of xp it'd shoot me up the new track a bit quicker I guess.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 3, 2023

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

thebardyspoon posted:

Or maybe I should just hold onto it for next week? Since it's basically a weekly in terms of xp it'd shoot me up the new track a bit quicker I guess.
I finally achieved the new expansion dream and my quest log right now is 'Challenge a Friend' 'Spectate a Friend' and 'Play three games with Nozdormu'. Should start me off with a very nice head start for the rewards track.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

NorgLyle posted:

I finally achieved the new expansion dream and my quest log right now is 'Challenge a Friend' 'Spectate a Friend' and 'Play three games with Nozdormu'. Should start me off with a very nice head start for the rewards track.

Is that worth missing out on a week's worth of quests though?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

thebardyspoon posted:

Got a "challenge a friend quest" if anyone wants 1800xp, Gearmaster#2297 is my name but I'm in the European region.

Shot you a friend request, I also have a challenge quest queued up for the start of the expansion.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

thebardyspoon posted:

Added (I think?) felow EUer. I'm Cart#2445, feel free to shoot me an invite.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

victorious posted:

Is that worth missing out on a week's worth of quests though?
I play a literally insane amount of Hearthstone and I've already finished the March of the Lich King rewards track so I'm not gaining experience at the moment (or rather the experience stops tracking when you hit level 400 on the rewards track).

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Desert Bus posted:

### Beasty Boys
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Sunscale Raptor
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 1x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 2x (5) Shadehound
# 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
#
AAEBAa/XAwTbkQS9oATnuQSwkwUNuwXZCYEK6rsCoIUDpIgDos4D2+oDlPwDg8gEv9MEvOMEwO0EAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

60% win rate, Diamond 10. This is gonna be absurd once we get Stranglethorn Heart.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23934449/26-0-patch-notes

rotation unnerfs announced. not limited to the rotating year, either - some real old cards in here. I'd say the highlight is that warsong commander is going back to its old effect of "when you summon a minion with 3 or less attack, give it charge." everyone, get in here. also thanks to the paying-with-health-isn't-self-damage change, stealer of souls is unbanned and unnerfed changed to 4/2/6 only affecting the first card you draw each turn, and demon seed is unbanned with each step being 10 self-damage

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 3, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So you can straight up just play patron warrior now? Daaaang. I mean it wont be good but that's super cool.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

I play a literally insane amount of Hearthstone and I've already finished the March of the Lich King rewards track so I'm not gaining experience at the moment (or rather the experience stops tracking when you hit level 400 on the rewards track).

Yikes ok, carry on! I played a lot more than I usually do this season and only just popped over 200.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Quest DH is fun and I am glad it's back. Demon Seed and Stealer of Souls not so much. Garrote Rouge is about to get real annoying. Odd Pally might manage some neat stuff. They really need to hire someone who actually knows the Wild scene.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lol I thought they said they were making signature cards not ugly as hell.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

​Goldshire Gnoll
Old: [11 Mana]
New: [10 Mana]

Lol

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
I want to know how the new warsong commander works with magnetic, very, very much.

(If it works how I think it does, you are going to be able to do some SICKENING things with mechs)

Also glad they did changes to the demon seed, it would have been a scourge again.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm 95% sure Magnetizing something doesn't count as "summoning"

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm 95% sure Magnetizing something doesn't count as "summoning"

It's more 'slam SN1P SN4P down a bunch of times, the first instance will gain charge, and as you stick more stats to it you're building a huge face hit'

kater
Nov 16, 2010

That doesn’t really mean anything though. Like buffs and magnetic are already effectively bodiless charge minions if they have targets.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Olpainless posted:

It's more 'slam SN1P SN4P down a bunch of times, the first instance will gain charge, and as you stick more stats to it you're building a huge face hit'

The change to Echo doesn't make this sound all that impressive being honest, especially by Wild metrics.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Desert Bus posted:

### Beasty Boys
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Sunscale Raptor
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 1x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 2x (5) Shadehound
# 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
#
#

I am still at D9 cause lazy but someone else rode this to Legend. So good.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

victorious posted:

Yikes ok, carry on! I played a lot more than I usually do this season and only just popped over 200.
During Nathria I figured out the single player Mercenaries grind was the most efficient way to gain XP and Nathria was the first expansion where I managed to cap the rewards track; 200xp for 1/2 hour of idle can't be beat right now. Before I started "playing" Mercenaries I would usually end the expansion around where you are in the mid-200s.

EDIT: Also by idling Mercenaries you're not irritating anyone else with slow decks or grindy Battlegrounds play in an effort to max XP. You're just gaining coins very slowly for Mercenaries you're never likely to use.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

They did it...fiery win axe is back :qq:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Why is it that obvious bot players never show up in my "Recent Opponents" list?

At first I thought it's because of the cyrillic characters in the (mostly) russian bot names, but I just got one with a german name, wanted to report him just for shits and giggles, but he does not show up in the list. All other regular players do, I just checked the history in Deck Tracker.

Do they just disconnect after every game? Does that even work?
Or :tinfoil: are those secret Blizzard bots to prop up the twindling player base? :tinfoil:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

mcbexx posted:

Why is it that obvious bot players never show up in my "Recent Opponents" list?

At first I thought it's because of the cyrillic characters in the (mostly) russian bot names, but I just got one with a german name, wanted to report him just for shits and giggles, but he does not show up in the list. All other regular players do, I just checked the history in Deck Tracker.

Do they just disconnect after every game? Does that even work?
Or :tinfoil: are those secret Blizzard bots to prop up the twindling player base? :tinfoil:

If they don’t show up in your recent opponents then I think it means they’re Blizzard bots, yeah. And as far as I know they only appear at low ranks

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

RatHat posted:

If they don’t show up in your recent opponents then I think it means they’re Blizzard bots, yeah. And as far as I know they only appear at low ranks

Well, if they need to fill slots with bots at Gold 8 on the 4th day of the ladder climb, the game and playerbase seem to be in trouble.
I would have to check, but I would guess every other game or one in three games is a bot.

But it makes sense, there's probably not many casual players around after 9 years and the ones that stick around just race to diamond.
I just can't do it anymore.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

That would only apply if you're out of bonus stars though, right? If you have any multiplier at all, you're matched based on your hidden MMR, which means humans all the way. I should know, my internal MMR is probably bloated despite never making it to Legend so I constantly get beat on by trick decks and nut draws from the dumpster Legend ranks until (if) I exhaust my stars for the month and am lucky to have a win streak at all.

When I ventured into Classic for shits and giggles with 0 bonus stars I easily cleared the 12-win achievement and got as high as 21 wins playing almost nothing but bots who made illogical plays and only used basic cards.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Navaash posted:

That would only apply if you're out of bonus stars though, right?

Well, I still have stars at G8, soooo...

Edit: I'm on PC and updates are applied automatically.
vvvvvvvvvv

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 4, 2023

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah Ive spent a lot of time at Gold and not really seen bots. Is it possible there's a patch you haven't downloaded or something? Sometimes the game gives a little leeway on not forcing people to download the latest update to play (to account for different platform launch times etc) but I think you only ever get matched with people on your version

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Glad that I hit dad legend before the reverts and rotation. Frost Minion DK did a lot of work on ladder, but my MMR is garbage so maybe it's not good. Here are some decks I faced:

Renethal-Maestra Thief Rogue
Renethal Beetle Druid
Plaguespreader Priest (Renethal, of course)
Quest Warrior

I had to double check that the reverts hadn't already happened.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

If the turntable in the lower left of the new game board does not unlock a secret interaction, I might be done with the game.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I love how every patch somehow makes performance in merc mode worse on iOS. game now crashes consistently while simply choosing a bounty. I really need to give up on levelling the full set of mercs, blizzard clearly wants me to.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I want you to to too.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Mutanus in BGs feels stupidly consistent. It didn't feel like I did anything special, but I got this board on turn 11?

I guess I was vulnerable to poison for a couple of turns, but still. This seems dumb.

(Made a 20/15ish buddy on turn 5, consolidated the stats from it, spat onto a second buddy on turn 9)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
In my bid to spend as little as possible on this game, it seems there's a promo through Google Play Games that if you install their Beta Windows app, you get $7 off your first purchase.

Seven bucks paid by Google is seven bucks less out of your pocket.

What you should be looking for:

And the download page (Win10 required): https://play.google.com/googleplaygames#section-system-requirements

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

If I'm on the last tick of bonelord and my opponent dies to fatigue next turn, I would die first right? Because my opponent just conceded at 1 hp.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

With level up and conviction becoming odd, I mashed together this odd pal with not much thought and it's doing okay at low diamond. Im probably missing some obvious optimizations though?

### odd pal
# Class: Paladin
#
# 2x (1) Conviction (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Promotion
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (3) Day at the Faire
# 2x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (3) Jury Duty
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 2x (3) Muster for Battle
# 2x (3) Steward of Darkshire
# 1x (3) Stewart the Steward
# 2x (3) Warhorse Trainer
# 2x (5) Level Up!
# 1x (5) Lothraxion the Redeemed
# 2x (5) Quartermaster
# 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
#
AAEBAcOfAwSe+AKT0AOH3gPC4gQNpwXsD+0P/68CuMcCteYCm80Dot4D4+sD9PYDx6AEweIE/e4EAAA=
#

Also, I set the hero to be just Sir Annoy-o, but it seems to forget that and go back to random heroes :smith:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Chernabog posted:

If I'm on the last tick of bonelord and my opponent dies to fatigue next turn, I would die first right? Because my opponent just conceded at 1 hp.

yes the ticks happen at the end of YOUR turn, you would've died the moment you hit that button

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Anub, Brann, Astalor combo with just 10 mana?

I found lethal (Pathmaker was +8 Armor, almost forgot that I randomly got a Feral Rage early on)

https://hsreplay.net/replay/aMH4s6HyScaqGe9XSpfbpc#turn=12a

Edit:
Unrelated, but it's not my fault your Scourge gave you a Bonerlord Deathwhisper that I immediately murdered (along with the rest of your board, including Thaddius), my dude.

How strict is Blizzard with timeouts for abusive chat, I wonder? :laugh:
Sometimes it's not about winning, it's about brightening someone's day.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 5, 2023

Scotlander
Jun 22, 2013
Watching some of the prerelease streams and mech mage seems very strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Reminder that Twitch drops are enabled for the theorycrafting streams.