Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pulse is so southern he says Linda with a hard r

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Trying posted:

Dave Meltzer has a theses
Bryan is not too small

Dave trying to book Bryan vs. Komander :allears:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I don't quite know why, but Pulse saying women would rather look at pregnant vaginas than Monty Python absolutely killed me.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

him saying "Mae Young did a crossbody to induce labour" gave me some big laughs

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
After getting the explanation of what Meltzer thought Vince was going for with that whole angle, I just was disappointed they didn't opt for the Hulk Hogan red rubber fist helmet.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

After getting the explanation of what Meltzer thought Vince was going for with that whole angle, I just was disappointed they didn't opt for the Hulk Hogan red rubber fist helmet.

I think you mean 'War Bonnet'.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

him saying "Mae Young did a crossbody to induce labour" gave me some big laughs

I just got to this part and had to pause and rewind multiple times I'm laughing so hard. Incredible segment.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 28, 2023

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

I just got to this part and had to pause and rewind multiple times I'm laughing so hard. Incredible segment.

Pulse was on fire that whole segment

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My favorite segment of this week's deadlock is the ads that now play more often and in the middle of words instead of segment breaks

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The little BPJ anecdotes that have trickled out offer the last couple of Bryan shows are really funny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

The little BPJ anecdotes that have trickled out offer the last couple of Bryan shows are really funny.

5 stars!
Source: Brian Pillman Jr.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

[Alvarezishly]
The LORE! of the BEEPIE?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I just like how Bryan dismissively said "I had to spend the entire day with Brian Pillman Jr". He was trying not to be mean, but the way he said it you could tell he was annoyed.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

My favorite segment of this week's deadlock is the ads that now play more often and in the middle of words instead of segment breaks
Tony and Jawnny apologized on the dpw subreddit about this already. growing pains with the new ad host system: https://reddit.com/r/deadlockpw/comments/1244f64/podcast_ads

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ToiletofSadness posted:

Tony and Jawnny apologized on the dpw subreddit about this already. growing pains with the new ad host system: https://reddit.com/r/deadlockpw/comments/1244f64/podcast_ads

Guy like me would say i did it intentionally to punish the fans for listening

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I had no ads at all on mine this week because I’m an especially lucky boy I guess

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

History Comes Inside! posted:

I had no ads at all on mine this week because I’m an especially lucky boy I guess

Living outside the US for me means many podcast networks that auto-inject ads into their shows just don't include anything, because it turns out you can't ship delta-8 or mattresses in mini-fridge boxes internationally

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

GoutPatrol posted:

Living outside the US for me means many podcast networks that auto-inject ads into their shows just don't include anything, because it turns out you can't ship delta-8 or mattresses in mini-fridge boxes internationally

You can get super leaf speciousa Kratom all over the globe

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM1IKVkEh3w

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

ToiletofSadness posted:

This is nice. One of the reasons I stopped listening to The Lapsed Fan was them openly not giving a poo poo about the free listeners if they had any complaints about stuff like the ad breaks

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1642360918444232705

Rick Flair's a source

Emi vs. Athena was better

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

He DID specify WWE women's matches.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
If you want a serious no nonsense discussion/analysis of today's news, including Brandon Thurston, the Post show is up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIVyGyOsQP4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Observer Radio went up, sadly they spend the first section discussing the ramifications of a possible sale instead of getting straight into the delicious meat of bewilderment over Cody's booking.

Bryan: I've seen 1000 Wrestlemanias and I th-
Dave: There haven't been 1000 Wrestlemanias.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

deadlock is up and on the two man power trip. Its also a deadlock two man trip as its just Johnny and Tony.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dave trying to answer Bryan's question about what happens for WWE shareholders despite not actually knowing anything was incredible.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Observer Radio went up, sadly they spend the first section discussing the ramifications of a possible sale instead of getting straight into the delicious meat of bewilderment over Cody's booking.

Bryan: I've seen 1000 Wrestlemanias and I th-
Dave: There haven't been 1000 Wrestlemanias.

Dave is right.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Beautiful.

I have a question for the thread:

Have you ever been watching something and realized you were watching a Dave Meltzer? On a sick day I clicked on a video posted by Battleship New Jersey and then another youtube naval historian, but despite his more polished presentation I started just watching Battleship New Jersey videos. There was something charming about it. The videos are all made by the museum's curator Ryan. The production values were terrible, sometimes hard to listen to. He doesn't have a smooth delivery and goes off on tangents. He usually talks off the top of his head and when he does have notes he needs to look for them. He goes off on tangents. Really long ones about inconsequential subjects:

He's very stylish

And at some point I realized why I liked him so much, he's a Dave Meltzer. And yes his home office is pretty messy but I've never seen the floor.

He can also be really mean.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1642240787952828416

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

MassRafTer posted:

I have a question for the thread:

Have you ever been watching something and realized you were watching a Dave Meltzer?

Absolutely. Have a 'Dave Meltzer' as a buddy. Genius level at some things, particularly at their job. Horribly unintelligent on other issues, but acts like he knows what he is talking about. He has extremely marginal people skills. Dresses well, but not as good as Dave. Is he special needs? Maybe, maybe not.

He is still with his wife, so it's not exactly the same.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Ryan Szimanski owns and he’s cool as hell and like willing to engage and talk so much in person too

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
USS NJ loving owns too most decorated battleship for the best state

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MotU posted:

Ryan Szimanski owns and he’s cool as hell and like willing to engage and talk so much in person too

I teared up when I got to videos from during the pandemic when he was crying about potentially being furloughed again. I hadn't yet imagined him as Dave Meltzer yet and after I did I watched another one from that period and was trying to imagine what Dave Meltzer would be like if he got furloughed. hosed up.

But I genuinely love Ryan and his videos they are very refreshing from so much formulaic overly produced youtube content out there. Worth it if you have any interest in WW2 naval micro history.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Dude is probably one of the most knowledgeable people about maintaining museum ships, guy is insanely passionate and that is his life. He’s very much like Big Dave, it’s a comparison I never would have thought of but its accurate

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Also if anyone is ever in NJ go to the USS NJ it’s a fun tour

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MotU posted:

Dude is probably one of the most knowledgeable people about maintaining museum ships, guy is insanely passionate and that is his life. He’s very much like Big Dave, it’s a comparison I never would have thought of but its accurate

I want to try to go down this summer, but I really need to visit Battleship Cove first since well, I've put it off for years.

One other thing Ryan has in common with wrestling fans, only reading crazy foreign terms like "Indefatigable" and thus having wild pronunciations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
and he beat him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

We got both "Shoot cat" and "Shoot Bill Clinton" out of today's WOL :allears:

Fentry