Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Major Isoor posted:

Oh drat, this is a whole new category of names that I hadn't even thought of! Both very good

Going off other excuses and the like, what about some of these:

- Luck Factor
- Lag Spike
- Drunk Gaming
- (something to do with cats being on the keyboard, haha)
- Sandbagger Central

I dunno, none of them are very good as they were all thought up just then. Your ideas are good though! I hadn't thought about going down that avenue

just some rage typing like "asgfkasga"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

Moving this question from the Discord to here, since I wouldn't mind more opinions. If there was to be a "clipshow" video of all the screw-ups like Botchamania, what would you want it to be called? So far there's Botch Zone, Whiff Zone, as well as Whiffamania. Any thoughts?

The Jank Bank

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

Major Isoor posted:

Oh drat, this is a whole new category of names that I hadn't even thought of! Both very good

- Luck Factor
- Lag Spike
- Drunk Gaming
- Sandbagger Central

I dunno, none of them are very good as they were all thought up just then. Your ideas are good though! I hadn't thought about going down that avenue

(something to do with cats being on the keyboard, haha)

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

story mode

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Mad Catz Corner

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Also, if they ever make a new Monster Truck Madness game, clearly we need to have Pablo and Eagle given matching trucks with buff green/purple arms on the sides, like the Hulkster or Samson. I can think of no other style of monster truck that better matches the sheer level of quality and lethality that the Stompers represent! :D

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dropped inputs

dropped imputs

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Kild posted:

dropped imputs

:hmmyes:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Kild posted:

dropped imputs

that's the one

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Kild posted:

dropped imputs

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

tbh i like just 'dropped inputs' better

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"dropped imputs" is just how british people say it

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

oi guvnor you dropped your imputs

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

baked style beans and toast

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

tbh i like just 'dropped inputs' better

same but I like skill issue more

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Fungah! posted:

They're both pretty good IMO, but anything that slots 'imp' or 'zone' in the name gets automatic bonus points in my book!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wrong warps: imp blown! - knackered cuppa edition

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

They're both pretty good IMO, but anything that slots 'imp' or 'zone' in the name gets automatic bonus points in my book!

And unfortunately, although "dropped imputs" does the imp insert nicely, I don't think "skimp issue" quite pulls it off!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fungah! posted:

same actually

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Major Isoor posted:

And unfortunately, although "dropped imputs" does the imp insert nicely, I don't think "skimp issue" quite pulls it off!

skill impsue

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Blooper Heels

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

:hmmyes: Going off this, but not as well: "High Heels"? Since most of these videos are of heels messing up so bad you start to wonder if they'd pass a drug test (OK maybe not this one, haha :v: )

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Rewatched the main event, it really could have gone either way. So many close calls, so many match ending moves countered. All it took was one overzealous block by copy to get thrown out of the ring and seal the deal. So drat sick lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If the stars or w/e were still on the UI that would have been a 7 out of 5

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

tag team matcehs take so long to finish but they kick the most rear end

----------------

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the ref channeling lightning and hovering above the ground and screaming "you should count yourself out right now!" instead of counting the pin that has been held for 20 seconds

----------------

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I swear, every time I see the ref being incredibly stupid in a match, my support for the idea of recreating him as a wrestler for us to 7v1 in the parking lot becomes stronger and stronger.

I mean seriously, that guy needs to be taken down a peg. Sleng did a great job punching him out, but that's merely the beginning. He's gotten off very lightly for his incompetence. Just that punch and a grapple I did, and I think that's it so far? Absolutely nothing, compared to what he deserves

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

I swear, every time I see the ref being incredibly stupid in a match, my support for the idea of recreating him as a wrestler for us to 7v1 in the parking lot becomes stronger and stronger.

I mean seriously, that guy needs to be taken down a peg. Sleng did a great job punching him out, but that's merely the beginning. He's gotten off very lightly for his incompetence. Just that punch and a grapple I did, and I think that's it so far? Absolutely nothing, compared to what he deserves

It's probably not even possible to do a match in the parking lot, after today's "backstage" fiasco.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

there are people on Community Creations who mod the PC version to make CAWs using models that are already in the game but aren't otherwise playable and can be downloaded cross-platform, and I'm pretty sure there's one of the ref

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

"No hard feelings, right? You just owe us a little ref bump."

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the more i hear about the modding potential for hte pc version the madder i get at the op for being obsessed with the xbox, the worlds most powerful console with the greatest catalogue available today for the modern gamer

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Major Isoor posted:

Moving this question from the Discord to here, since I wouldn't mind more opinions. If there was to be a "clipshow" video of all the screw-ups like Botchamania, what would you want it to be called? So far there's Botch Zone, Whiff Zone, as well as Whiffamania. Any thoughts?

Royal Fumble

TheSwizzler posted:

skill issue

this is my favourite though

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Cousin Foomin posted:

(something to do with cats being on the keyboard, haha)

this is the one. word for word

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the ref channeling lightning and hovering above the ground and screaming "you should count yourself out right now!" instead of counting the pin that has been held for 20 seconds

Lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

- Luck Factor
- Lag Spike
- Drunk Gaming
- Sandbagger Central

I was gonna say High Ping Zone but Dropped Imputs is probably the one

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Evil Eagle posted:

If the stars or w/e were still on the UI that would have been a 7 out of 5

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

vyelkin posted:

I was gonna say High Ping Zone but Dropped Imputs is probably the one

Ah yeah, that's a good one! I was trying to think of a good lag/ping one, but couldn't quite get it - but that works. But yeah, it's also kinda hard to pass up on Dropped Imputs. So many good picks, either way!
We'll see though - I'll aim to take a closer look either this weekend of the next one, about laying out the groundwork for this. So there's no rush on names, in case others want to voice opinions

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Dropped Imputs is great, and I'm going to see if I can work Skill Issue into a twitch emote because I love that one too

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the only high ping i want in izwf is when pablo starts taunting instead of going for the pin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

tag team matcehs take so long to finish but they kick the most rear end

they're definitely the funniest