Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

History Comes Inside! posted:

You just quoted his own tweet at him

Impossible. Goon forkboy has a Corgi, a good and true dog, as his avatar. That forkboy has something else. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Brokeboymon1/status/1643490495723716610?t=sgxwmI3kNoqfT94XNXh0zw&s=19

Goku did in fact beat Frieza on the first attempt.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah but it took him like 5 hours of tv time to do it and Cody only had 30 something minutes let’s be reasonable

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

the manga version of wrestlemania was much better

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I know he's just launching the dumbest possible takes into the stratosphere to see what people engage with, but doesn't this retroactively fix his problem with AEW having had "too many white champions"? Cody was a multi time TNT champion.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This ain't a bad take but the replies sure are
https://twitter.com/WilliamRBR/status/1643283780374003713

Absolutely swarming with them

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dawgstar posted:

Impossible. Goon forkboy has a Corgi, a good and true dog, as his avatar. That forkboy has something else. :colbert:

Goon forkboy did not buy his own avatar & is too cheap/lazy to actually replace it. Plus the dog does make me smile even if I'm not really a dog person.

The Twitter avatar is a cool flag flown from the Russian battleship Petropavlosk after they joined the Baltic Fleet mutiny in 1917, & it says Смерть Буржуямъ, which translates to Death to the Bourgeois. The sailors were influenced by more anarcho-communist ideals and were crushed in the Kronstadt Rebellion. And look at that dang smile on the skull, it's lovely.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fez_machine posted:

WWE booked Bryan like poo poo, the fans refused to let them get away with it for once (plus Punk left, giving them no other choice, thank you CM Punk, the true hero of wrestling), it led to their only good payoff in the last 20 years, then WWE somehow convinced themselves that had been what they intended to do from the beginning and now since 2014, every babyface has to lose and lose and lose and lose and look like a loving dork and get beaten up and eat poo poo for years before they actually get to sniff a bit of success. They're so loving bad at presenting professional wrestling. It's why the only thing you can do is laugh.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fez_machine posted:

I'm not really sure I'd say Goldberg's path to the title was without adversity, even if a lot of it was just beating jobbers for months. He still had to go through the Flock, DDP, the beat Scott Hall on the same show he beat Hogan for the title.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean, Goldberg's a weird example because wasn't his title win supposed to be a dark match and they just suddenly made it a world title match on TV because ???????????

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/laurabutevil/status/1643595764776554496

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Imagine not understanding that Hangman stores the kinetic force in the soles of his feet and then uses it to propel himself forward at up to 3x normal speed.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The people’s elbow would break that person’s brain

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm glad this dope shared that video, that was a fun little highlight reel! The Buckshot he hits on Cobb is loving great, and it's always fun to relive the Paul Turner Assisted Buckshot LariatTM.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

I mean, Goldberg's a weird example because wasn't his title win supposed to be a dark match and they just suddenly made it a world title match on TV because ???????????

Because Hogan wanted to put his name on a ratings pop, right?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

Close, Hogan wanted credit from the executives in attendance for selling out the Georgia Dome (which had already sold out).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

D.N. Nation posted:

Bischoff wanted the ratings pop by televising the match that Hogan had on the card as a way to impress Turner Execs.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Close, Hogan wanted credit from the executives in attendance for selling out the Georgia Dome (which had already sold out).

It wasn't sold out but was a very big crowd by the time the match was announced.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/KaraOnza/status/1643622758172033028

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
It feels like that thumbnail was generated by an AI.

Also, nice work from them both incorrectly spelling and using the wrong Asuka. Plus, isn't Storm married to Juice Robinson?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why is Gay aligned so far to the left above Bowens’ picture

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Because it's not straight

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

I'm shocked that Hangman hit a few less than perfect Buckshots in like 2015. Gonna have to put an asterisk next to his Champioship reign now.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Why is Gay aligned so far to the left above Bowens’ picture
so it fits in the thumbnail, op

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

fez_machine posted:

There's nothing wrong with Heroes facing adversity but the whole point is to build to a climax, preferably at the biggest point of catharsis. Like say, after coming back from a nine month injury, winning the Rumble and then facing a guy who's been champ for three years at Wrestlemania. If you can't think of anything that'll top that then you probably missed the Climax.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hoss Corncave posted:

It feels like that thumbnail was generated by an AI.

Also, nice work from them both incorrectly spelling and using the wrong Asuka. Plus, isn't Storm married to Juice Robinson?

Literally the only one that's correct is Bowens. Except he's not even a WWE wrestler

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'm glad this dope shared that video, that was a fun little highlight reel! The Buckshot he hits on Cobb is loving great, and it's always fun to relive the Paul Turner Assisted Buckshot LariatTM.

The Buckshot really is one of the best finishers in wrestling. I love a good lariat in any case, and the whole "flips over the ropes to build momentum" thing is a fun addition because it gives the move a cool setup component. As you say, the Paul Turner Assisted Buckshot is a good example of that, it immediately gives matches a fun psychological aspect, because one guy is desperately trying to prevent Hangman from getting the move off, and he is trying to set it up.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The Buckshot really is one of the best finishers in wrestling. I love a good lariat in any case, and the whole "flips over the ropes to build momentum" thing is a fun addition because it gives the move a cool setup component. As you say, the Paul Turner Assisted Buckshot is a good example of that, it immediately gives matches a fun psychological aspect, because one guy is desperately trying to prevent Hangman from getting the move off, and he is trying to set it up.

Seriously that whole video just reminded me how good Hangman's moveset is and is another example of how he seems to think of the small stuff. The buckshot is not that crazy of a finisher but it does everything right. It has a little build up, it's easy to reverse, can be used in a lot of spots, and compared to his other moves it's pretty crazy since it involves him actually leaving his feet.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...nt=share_button

And he looked so string in Brock beating him and beating him and beating him and beating him and beating him

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

There's nothing wrong with Heroes facing adversity but the whole point is to build to a climax, preferably at the biggest point of catharsis. Like say, after coming back from a nine month injury, winning the Rumble and then facing a guy who's been champ for three years at Wrestlemania. If you can't think of anything that'll top that then you probably missed the Climax.

You probably could do a finish where Cody loses but it builds to a rematch but having him loses like every other geek that loses to Roman ain't it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean.

There is a Trans Asuka. That's like. One and a half correct....?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/BillElm/status/1643687840604200961

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Has anyone told Juice Robinson that Toni Storm is a lesbian?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He’s probably ok with it he seems like a cool guy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Juice Robinson strikes me as the type of guy who, if told his wife is a lesbian, would respond with " So am I!" and then doing an air guitar solo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestlingIsFunN/status/1643619447108714496

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alaois posted:

Juice Robinson strikes me as the type of guy who, if told his wife is a lesbian, would respond with " So am I!" and then doing an air guitar solo

He always brags about how good he is with his left hand...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just don't understand why "bad photoshop" occurs to them before "e-mail the sponsors".

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Facebook is taking the official announcement Jay White has signed with AEW very well

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

He should have stayed in NJPW probably but happy to see more of him either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/XXIchiban/status/1643768758379610112