Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Space bb?

Death stranding crossover imminent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

wicked whims support in NMS

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It obviously means they're adding thanos to explain why there are so few civilizations in the galaxy.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

I'm starting to think that's the closest we have to a Vy'keen emoji.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Users may now send unsolicited dirty pictures to each other

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

they're going to let you kill polo

FINALLY

ross the boss
Oct 26, 2017

might just buy this on ps4 and chill tf out

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

ross the boss posted:

might just buy this on ps4 and chill tf out

It always goes on sale just before a major update. Only a fool would pay full price right now.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

shoudln't the update be tomorrow? i thought it was always the wednesday immediately after the emoji.

ross the boss
Oct 26, 2017

it's on sale rn for 30 bucks. not sure why the ps store has two versions...one at full price (ps4 edition) and one on sale (ps4 & ps5 edition). the ps store is so bad lol

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Full price on Steam right now.

Hmmm :thunk:

Maybe it Will be next week, or finally a day other than Wednesday for the update.

Or it goes on sale tomorrow.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

CaptainSkinny posted:

I'm starting to think that's the closest we have to a Vy'keen emoji.
Ooh, maybe it's another twenty Vy'keen words.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1643537417641623552?s=20

:thunk:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1643599380531023874

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
patch notes here:
https://www.nomanssky.com/interceptor-update

the new ships are dope

Au Revoir Shosanna fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 5, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

drat, want me one of those in white and purple

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Yeah, they're extremely rad.

Not a huge fan if I have to do a bunch of capital ship kills or missions to get the design I want, but I'll be hopping in to give it a go when it hits Steam. Doesn't look like they've announced an Expedition or Twitch drops for it yet, though.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Hot drat, that and robot spiders? I should come back and play more.

Too bad I have to go into hospital after Easter, so have fun without me, goons! :suicide:

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I really wish expeditions were just a challenge menu that you could pick from rather than time gated, there's no way I could've done Utopia with work and I just realized I completely missed it. :/

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah the FOMO aspect of them is a bummer, especially when it sounded like a fun one. I used cheats to give myself the missing loots and such but would be more fun to just actually play them.

I vaguely recall there's maybe some way to mess with your clock and play offline and it might let you do the old expedition?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Omnicarus posted:

I really wish expeditions were just a challenge menu that you could pick from rather than time gated, there's no way I could've done Utopia with work and I just realized I completely missed it. :/

It'll probably come back at some stage, they've replayed older expeditions before

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Libluini posted:

Too bad I have to go into hospital after Easter, so have fun without me, goons! :suicide:

I'm stuck in hospital right now for a kidney infection so you're not alone.

Gotta get me one of those ships though, I like the way they look.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Libluini posted:

Drag your stuff in there, tell them to deal with it

e both of you

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I like how an entire entry is "Gek hat!"

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Inspector Hound posted:

Drag your stuff in there, tell them to deal with it

e both of you

sadly I'm double-hosed because my problem is eye-related, 5th eye surgery for a chronic problem here, but believe me I would get NMS on Switch just for this hospital-poo poo if it made sense*

*ironically, my big OLED-Switch and my one good eye work out fairly well after the initial days of surgery+recovery, but it's not on the level of "can play space simulation games without great discomfort", I'd need at least my big TV at home for that, plus another week of slow recovery

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Omnicarus posted:

Same, I have other things to do and it'd be cool to be able to do these in my own time.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

With this update on XSX, i can finally walk around my farm base in the double digit FPS again, albeit at what looks like 720p and with hard occasional stutters.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I’ve never looked into it deeply, but apparently save editors can just flag you for expedition rewards.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So how does the sentinel ship thing start?

Also my home system’s space station still crashes the game. :mad:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I forget: Does skipping the tutorial in the pre-game settings also skip the whole Artemis and so on questline?
Edit: It doesn't!

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 6, 2023

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

This is kinda a stupid question but how do I experience the new content from this update?

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

ChocNitty posted:

This is kinda a stupid question but how do I experience the new content from this update?
I'm also asking for my friend.

Who is me.

Please don't tell me it's another online-gated thing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Find a star that's "dissonant" type, most are water or nothing. Then go there.

Start a space fight with space sentinels and defeat the capital ship that shows up after a few waves

OR

find the planet in the system with corrupted sentinels, land and start a fight and finish off the 5th wave, then activate the echo locator you get from the fight

OR

find the planet in the system with corrupted sentinels, land and scan for the tall sword headed dudes, one of them could give you the echo locator

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

unruly posted:

I'm also asking for my friend.

Who is me.

Please don't tell me it's another online-gated thing.

Was there actually ever an online-gated thing? Apart from some weird bugs I never had to use multiplayer to get any of the content.

Even that weird bio-ship egg thing I eventually got just running multiplayer-missions alone.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 6, 2023

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

you can destroy the sentinel capital ship in a normal system and that will point you to a wreck location in a nearby dissonant system. you don't need to find a dissonant system first.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Powershift posted:

Find a star that's "dissonant" type, most are water or nothing. Then go there.

Start a space fight with space sentinels and defeat the capital ship that shows up after a few waves

OR

find the planet in the system with corrupted sentinels, land and start a fight and finish off the 5th wave, then activate the echo locator you get from the fight

OR

find the planet in the system with corrupted sentinels, land and scan for the tall sword headed dudes, one of them could give you the echo locator

Thanks. I'll be giving this a go after tending to my underwater weed nursery.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can't believe the Minotaur description has been lying about having mining functionality for 5 updates straight now.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I keep forgetting to try this in VR

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Jack Trades posted:

I can't believe the Minotaur description has been lying about having mining functionality for 5 updates straight now.

literally unplayable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Anyone know if there's a list of supercharge effects for stuff without a percentage value and such? The base boltcaster or mining laser or whatever?