Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
smh if you dont replay psx re1 for the epic voice acting

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I play resident evil 0-4 as the good lord intended: the GameCube discs on a backward compatible wii

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

RE2make is second best remake after the original resident evil remake
:hai:

----------------

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
the re1 remake passed me by completely maybe ill fix that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

naming your good remakes resident evil 1 2 and 4

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
https://classicrebirth.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-classic-rebirth/

----------------

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's crazy to me that RE1 and its remake were only six years apart and that the latter was over 20 years ago now. Leaving through that period of rapid technical advancement even if I was slightly too young to appreciate it was magical

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

we're on the chilling precipice of capcom revisiting 5 so let's hope they do the right thing and do 1 in the re engine instead

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

5 is good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nutmeg posted:

It’s extremely good

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
If they remake 5 they should work w/ that initial concept of having rapid lighting and temperature changes that affect gameplay which never made it into the game, and then just make an entirely new Chris game around that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

5 is bad wth the ai but couch co-op with a buddy its really fun. if they fixed the ai to not be dumb as hell itd probably good solo too

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I miss the flavor text in the remakes

tired of looking at a pile of bones and hitting the interact button and leon doing nothing instead of going "is this... bones?"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Cubone posted:

I miss the flavor text in the remakes

tired of looking at a pile of bones and hitting the interact button and leon doing nothing instead of going "is this... bones?"

leon staring at the oven a burning man came screaming out of and asking "what was he doing in there?' ftw

----------------

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Steam sharing with a friend to play RE4make this week for the low price of $0. hope its good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
resident evil 0 is AIDS

----------------

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

resident evil 0 is AIDS

i remember it just playing like more REmake with equally good graphics which seemed good to me, but it’s been a long time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

buffalo all day posted:

i remember it just playing like more REmake with equally good graphics which seemed good to me, but it’s been a long time

It's pretty good.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

buffalo all day posted:

perhaps you have remembered... poorly

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

resident evil 0 is AIDS

its fine. basically 1 but more boring

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

at the island, just beat krauser. this game is awesome

i hope they give 5 similar treatment, but im hype for mercenaries in this

----------------

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve almost finished a knife/pistol only no healing run. The regenerators gave me guff until I tried the punisher which pops their parasites in one hit.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

resident evil 0 is AIDS

I can never get more than a few minutes into the character swapping mechanic before I get annoyed as gently caress and just quit

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

leon staring at the oven a burning man came screaming out of and asking "what was he doing in there?' ftw

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

earlier this week i tried playing hardcore on re2 but i thought it was too hard for me so i restarted on standard, only loading from typewriter saves, and now maybe its too easy, made it to the chiefs office and i havent died yet. oh well

nvm i encountered mr x for the first time and ran around in a panic and died. hoping when i reload my save maybe i can avoid triggering him for a while to get some stuff done. but idk how much control ill have over that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
in resident evil 0 theres a part where you need to use the hookshot to progress and after that unless you know any better you will leave it where the train crashed at the start of the mansion but much later in the game it turns out you need the hookshot again which means backtracking all the way back to the start

----------------

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the shotgun and grenade launcher take up two item slots and there is no item box so inventory management is trading back and forth between the characters or dropping everything on the ground in the lobby so you can grab it when you go back through the area... tedious

----------------

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Has anyone ever hacked in an item box functionality into the PC version

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

earlier this week i tried playing hardcore on re2 but i thought it was too hard for me so i restarted on standard, only loading from typewriter saves, and now maybe its too easy, made it to the chiefs office and i havent died yet. oh well

It's ok, it will still be fun and you can do hardcore for the second char once you've warmed up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nutmeg posted:

Bruh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If they do another remake it should be Code Veronica before they touch 0/5/6.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

This. People say CV was crap, but I think it came out when the old fixed perspective stuff was starting to get stale. I liked it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

In Training posted:

absolutely, but only if the knife is just as powerful as the original

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just got a powerful flashback to getting real mad when Steve takes those gold lugers.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

nvm i encountered mr x for the first time and ran around in a panic and died. hoping when i reload my save maybe i can avoid triggering him for a while to get some stuff done. but idk how much control ill have over that

update i have no control over it, i have to douse the flaming helicopter in order to get back into the main part of the station. i was doing ok this time around and made it to the third floor main hall with my health at danger and i charged at a green herb and died to the zombie hidden around the corner next to it

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

i just hit the first mr. x cutscene where he punches through the wall and lifts homie off the ground and pops his head like a grape and then leon literally immediately turns his head to the left and Ava is walking up in her pulpy noir trenchcoat and glasses like "dont get your britches in a twist, kid" lol nobody does it like capcom man this poo poo owns

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Doing the first pro run with the infinitie rocket launcher before I tackle a fresh file and it’s still so hard lol. They made the rocket launcher damage Leon and Ashley just to troll me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mr. X ftw

----------------

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
code veronica is decent but you should never try to do a knife only run of it lol every boss has a one hit kill attack and they spam it its total bullshit dood

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Doing the first pro run with the infinitie rocket launcher before I tackle a fresh file and it’s still so hard lol. They made the rocket launcher damage Leon and Ashley just to troll me.

shameful display

i was playing normal with the wife and hardcore/pro make a big key change that makes every encounter way more dangerous, you can get stunlocked lol

in normal whenever you get hit enemies hang back and wait for you to recover, give you a nice second or two to fire shots and change the situation. in hardcore if you take 1 hit youre probably getting killed by the next 3

----------------