Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'd buy a Sammy or a Lammy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

falcom got me again

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Just started Azure on PS4. There is a distinct lack of a minimap and it's annoying the hell out of me. The only thing the setting for displaying or hiding the minimap changes is whether there's a unhelpful compass N arrow or not. :argh:

Is this some weird quirk of the opening dungeon or is it some insane bug?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There have never been maps for dungeons in the Sky and Crossbell games

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

...! posted:

Just started Azure on PS4. There is a distinct lack of a minimap and it's annoying the hell out of me. The only thing the setting for displaying or hiding the minimap changes is whether there's a unhelpful compass N arrow or not. :argh:

Is this some weird quirk of the opening dungeon or is it some insane bug?

In Zero, you needed to equip a Detection or Eagle Eye quartz. You should get one of those from completing one of the first quests in Chapter 1.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

hate you, you two bracers. go to gehanna.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

GateOfD posted:

hate you, you two bracers. go to gehanna.

whoa whoa let's not say anything we can't take back.

which bracers?

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
I suspect Lynn and Aeolia.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Chapter 2 of Azure done.

the conference and escalation was pretty good. and unlike info/politics dumps in other games, I seem to follow what's going on well enough.
It was neat seeing a bit of Towa there in the room.

I guess that Jagers are all about money this and money that, but I feel the series kind of treats them too dirty. They don't seem all that different from the other gray organizations like the Heiyue They're just filling a job just like everyone else. Interested to see how they flesh out Randy's backstory. I guess I was suppose to be all like 'oh cool, randy is here' at the start of CSIII, but since that the first game I ever played, I was like "err i guess he was in a previous game"

Glad Tio is finally back. Current party is harem party with Llyod, Elle, Noel, and Tio. I picked hard difficulty, so i was worried at first if it was the wrong choice, since the combat system isn't that engaging, but looks so far, its just the right difficulty so far.

Also, I really hate Campanella. All he does is shows up, trolls, says a bunch of cryptic stuff and fucks off.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

GateOfD posted:

Also, I really hate Campanella. All he does is shows up, trolls, says a bunch of cryptic stuff and fucks off.

That's exactly why he's the best!

The only bad part about Campanella is his English voice.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Has Campanella's gender been solidified post CS4? Because it being pointed out that they fought in the all-women team and Campanella's reaction being surprised people would question that, before going "oh I guess" made me curious if there's something else going on there.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Wait till you see him and the other Ouroboros members in SC.
For some reason none of them have any charm in that game, except 2 of the 3 members that are only seen in that game really.
Even Bleublanc isnt any fun in SC.

Tesseraction posted:

Has Campanella's gender been solidified post CS4? Because it being pointed out that they fought in the all-women team and Campanella's reaction being surprised people would question that, before going "oh I guess" made me curious if there's something else going on there.

My moneys on campanella being a flesh gundam, being piloted by a girl we know and trust. I knew Emily was a member of ouroboros!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

It's true.

Walter is completely humorless and boring in SC but is such a weirdo goofball in Kuro that it's hard not to like the guy. Bleublanc, Walter and Renne are all much more entertaining in later games in the series than their introductions in SC.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

MythosDragon posted:

Wait till you see him and the other Ouroboros members in SC.
For some reason none of them have any charm in that game, except 2 of the 3 members that are only seen in that game really.
Even Bleublanc isnt any fun in SC.

That's because back then, Falcom was trying to pretend that stakes still existed, and Ouroboros was full of unrepentant murderers and assholes and people who made children into mind-slaves. The enforcers then were people who WOULD kill you after they won the fight, instead of "fun-loving goofballs who play by their own rules and are just cool and fun" and who conveniently "get bored" and decide to not capture or kill the helpless party after a random nobody wanders up and "kills the mood".

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Which brings up the question.

Does Zin get any focus in Kuro? Or is any screentime he gets still actually about Walter or Kilika over him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Campanella became the best in TC when he found his calling as a quiz host.

I like that even though Ouroborous has gone from boring evil terrorists to weird and kinda likeable evil terrorists Campanella has remained exactly the same. Gone from one of the wackier terrorists to one of the eviler ones and i'm glad for it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I've finally gotten over the hump I had about playing Third Chapter (I know it's considered the best, but the combat was just a pain in the arse after getting used to Crossbell/Steel) and I enjoyed the enhanced jaegers seeing Gilbert crash and burn into the lake below and go:

"Let's just leave him be."

"Shouldn't we rescue him? Campanella is strangely fond of him."

"All the more reason to leave him there; it suit's Campanella's sense of humour for him to suffer."

"Point taken - back to base!"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The first two or so chapters of TC did not impress me but after that (and especially by the end) I was like "Wow this is probably the best Trails game". (except for the Agate door)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

In my case it was the three fights in a row in the gladiator arena that made me go "gently caress this" originally. Just unnecessarily annoying so early in the game.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

As a man who touts that the majority of the series flaws could be fixed by putting doors in every game, I loving adore TC lol.
CS2 proved itself the best game in the series precisely in it's door part too.
And I'm beyond loving hyped for Reverie to Door at me hopefully even harder.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GateOfD posted:

Chapter 2 of Azure done.

I guess that Jagers are all about money this and money that, but I feel the series kind of treats them too dirty. They don't seem all that different from the other gray organizations like the Heiyue They're just filling a job just like everyone else. Interested to see how they flesh out Randy's backstory. I guess I was suppose to be all like 'oh cool, randy is here' at the start of CSIII, but since that the first game I ever played, I was like "err i guess he was in a previous game"

Randy being in CS3 was one of the best things about CS3 if you played the Crossbell games. He filled a very important role as "an older male friend/confidante" for Rean, which never really existed before that. He also fills a similar role for Lloyd and is part of why I think the Crossbell party works well. The rest of Rean's group is pretty much all peers who look up to him or older/younger women who are in love with him.

edit: Rean's peers looking up to him isn't bad or anything, since part of his characterization is that he's a leader to those around him and how this puts a lot of pressure on him (and for those he isn't, it's often because they're sort of passively engaging with their situation and still relying on Rean to address it - like Claire or Shannon). But I think it's nice for Rean to actually a friend to confide in who he isn't leading in some capacity.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 31, 2023

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

Randy being in CS3 was one of the best things about CS3 if you played the Crossbell games. He filled a very important role as "an older male friend/confidante" for Rean, which never really existed before that. He also fills a similar role for Lloyd and is part of why I think the Crossbell party works well. The rest of Rean's group is pretty much all peers who look up to him or older/younger women who are in love with him.

Gaius actually filled this role and its why he's one of the best characters in the series.
Rean Counselor's everyone else, but Gaius was just chilling giving him a bro to relax with and needed like, half a session of counseling once in CS4 before saying the hardest line in the series.

MORE IS BETTER though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Randys the coolest

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

MythosDragon posted:

Which brings up the question.

Does Zin get any focus in Kuro? Or is any screentime he gets still actually about Walter or Kilika over him.

He mostly just pawns his Bracer work off to Van as a subcontractor, much to Elaine's annoyance.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

not a big fan of nendoroids, too many pieces.
also, argh, where are my SSS figures.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Noel is great

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Trails of Azure Intermission done

Great for Tio to finally meet Misha after getting Misha-blocked last game.
Beach time was great. The girl fanservice was nice, but wow @ llyod. I know he's well-trained, but his arms and chest are huge, sprite wise. His arms was hulking.

Attraction choices:
Mirror of Wishes: Noel, KeA (gonna have to reload a save and do this to see everyone elses' wishes, thought the convos was pretty interesting)
Fortune Telller: Rixia
Haunted Villa: Rixia (holy poo poo, i did terrible at this)
Ferris Wheel: Noel

freaking Fool just showing up to troll as usual

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 2, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That haunted coaster is bullshit hard, I wouldn't feel bad about it. It's easier in Cold Steel.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

recently got this in.

crazy detail on the gauntlet

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MythosDragon posted:

Gaius actually filled this role and its why he's one of the best characters in the series.
Rean Counselor's everyone else, but Gaius was just chilling giving him a bro to relax with and needed like, half a session of counseling once in CS4 before saying the hardest line in the series.

That's true, but Gaius has a much smaller role in the Cold Steel games than Randy in CS3. And Gaius is still more or less just "a mature friend" who is part of Rean's peer group, as opposed to an "outsider" who isn't as personally intertwined with Rean's various struggles.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

They're miniscule, but drat I want that Tio nendoroid.

Also I just found out yesterday that there's an Arianrhod Nendo that was part of the Evo release of Azure.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

GateOfD posted:

recently got this in.

Honestly, I wasn't too hot on it when I saw it compared to the garage kit, but it looks really nice.

I spent an obscene amount of time/effort painting this, and I'm wondering if I should have just cut the effort and gotten that instead.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cyouni posted:

I spent an obscene amount of time/effort painting this, and I'm wondering if I should have just cut the effort and gotten that instead.

That one is uniquely yours. Appreciate it for what it is, and pat yourself in the back for having the patience and skill to paint it yourself.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I’m sure the garage kits are way cheaper $ as well.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Azure: I figured out where the hidden quest would be in Chapter 1 purely by talking to all NPCs and learning from library dad that some famous person would be coming to the library, which smelled like side quest. But this one I found in Chapter 2 that feels unnecessarily mean and just reinforces my somewhat obsessive "check everything always" behavior. Which you think would feel rewarding but damnit, it feels like a gotcha.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Prowler posted:

Azure: I figured out where the hidden quest would be in Chapter 1 purely by talking to all NPCs and learning from library dad that some famous person would be coming to the library, which smelled like side quest. But this one I found in Chapter 2 that feels unnecessarily mean and just reinforces my somewhat obsessive "check everything always" behavior. Which you think would feel rewarding but damnit, it feels like a gotcha.

Yeah, Azure's hidden quests are extra mean because some of them show up without the rest of the city's dialogue having changed. You have to find the one place on the map which has changed - which may, in some cases, be out of town. No guide? Then gently caress YOU.

Bonding in Zero is "first past the post wins." Azure's system is "any past the post qualify, and you choose from the qualifiers."

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 7, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

bond pts can be tough without a guide (not using a guide)

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I was blissfully unaware of bond points until I decided to look at Neoseeker to see how many bonus points I missed in that hidden quest.

First of all: seemingly very comprehensive guide! Second of all: holy crap I'm going back to pretending bond points don't exist.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

The problem with them in azure is that the intermission is in the early game and is basically how you commit to them, so its a lot more stressful doing the math than late game after you've gotten all the other points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

aww poo poo. Stuff is hitting the fan now

Trails to Azure chapter 3

Wow, a lot of actual killing this chapter. The massacre of the terrorist groups was last chapter, but it continues on.
Didn't expect Wald to show up like this all demonized.

I'm feeling at this point, a lot of stuff is probably happening in Cold Steel side. Cause a lot of the events and some dialogue makes me feel like there's a lot of holes in the information that if I played Cold Steel I and II, I be like 'oh, so this is what's happening here'

Ran into the Steel Maiden. Was never a big fan of her in CSIII and IV, she kind of needed to chill out a bit. At least I got a glimpse of the lovely Duvalie
Group finds out that Yin is *gasp* actually Rixia Mao

Lots of CGF people got slaughtered in this chapter.
Randy's story was neat. Would have liked some hotblooded male bonding like Randy and Llyod punching each other once when the group caught up with him against Shirley.

Started chapter 4 right after, only to see llya get squashed. oh no...