Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Of course Brother Ray Deadly's in the NWA. I'm surprised that I'm surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Ive seen mudshow promotions in parking lots put on better shows than this NWA crap. Hell, I saw a giant fat 400lb guy stand in the middle of the ring and take punches until he collapsed and the giant crash he made when he fell got a bigger reaction.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

No, he's a comedy BDSM character.

I gotta tell you, that was not the answer I expected.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The NWA paid off the Fixers stealing the old NWA US Tag Titles storyline on NWA USA today, with Billy Corgan taking them back and the Fixers being helpless to stop him.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If I were thrice Billy Pumpkins' size I would simply yank harder. :colbert:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1643310265402884101

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He's Fat.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He wrestles like he’s been dead for 40+ years

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Tyrus peaked at being ADR's muscle.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Last night's street fight brawled into the NWA catering area which is just a bunch of pizza and bags of chips. Maybe it was a worked catering area but I don't think the NWA can afford worked pizzas.

https://twitter.com/sstaria/status/1643445033826172930

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

That sucks if your flight is delayed and you get to the venue and all that’s left is floor pizza

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

"catering"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I thought for a second he was throwing the pie slice in Bully Ray's face.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Corgan is the only Tyrus-the-wrestler fan. In fact, he is in love with him. He wrote the song Ava Adore about Tyrus.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you had to guess when the NWA PPV is, would you guess tonight?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

MassRafTer posted:

If you had to guess when the NWA PPV is, would you guess

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

A new National Heavyweight Champion was crowned at NWA 312 on Friday night.

EC3 defeated Cyon to win the title

Corgan finally has the full company he wants. Top champs Tyrus and EC3

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Tyrus peaked when he debuted as the Funkasauras. I remember him dancing around while wrestling this jobber and a fan is clearly heard yelling "You suck, Brodus!" and he just wiggles around and says " My bad. "

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The NWA Women's World Television title is a cheap trophy. LOL

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Corgan finally has the full company he wants. Top champs Tyrus and EC3

Lmfao holy poo poo.

I will say, at least there was A TIME when I could buy EC3 but man as soon as WWE released him, dude hit a brick wall on several levels.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I was sorta onboard for the CYN stuff but man could not stop making hitler jokes.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Corgan Your Narrative

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He's so right.

quote:

“I say this to a lot of veteran talent who are coming in to NWA, with me you have a fresh opportunity,” Corgan said. “I don’t care what’s happened before. Like people are still on Tyrus for being the dancing guy, right? I think Tyrus has shown that he was always a top guy. And the reason he got the dancing is over is because he was a top guy, right?

“So just because you come in with a particular gimmick, or even a rep, doesn’t mean anything to me. Everybody comes in from a veteran side with me has a fresh start.”

https://wrestlingjunkie.usatoday.com/2023/04/10/billy-corgan-interview-under-the-ring/

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Tyrus as a top guy? I wonder if Corgan took some of Alex Jones supplements and gave himself brain damage

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinche Rudo posted:

Tyrus as a top guy? I wonder if Corgan took some of Alex Jones supplements and gave himself brain damage

He's the NWA Champion and just main evented a sold out Pay Per View event.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

What are some of the things Tyrus is a top guy at in wrestling? I’ll throw some of mine out there:

Blowing up the venue bathroom
Likelihood of having a cardiac episode in the ring
Testing the tensile strength of singlet fabric

bartok
May 10, 2006

I think Tyrus is a top guy because he's nice enough to have a picture of himself on his gear so when he's blown up and turning purple you know it's him and not Grimace.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Remember that time Tyrus fell asleep at an autograph signing

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Everything I read from Billy Corgan makes it sound like he watched that Cheex match in TNA and considered it the apex of wrestling.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Tato posted:

Everything I read from Billy Corgan makes it sound like he watched that Cheex match in TNA and considered it the apex of wrestling.

i have to assume it's some combination of:

* corgan claims to care about old-school heat, which in his mind, requires a guy who clearly should not be champion being champion, so everyone will hate him

* tyrus probably does have some weird connections with wrestlers or venues or schools or whatever

* tyrus has that hot hot fox nation bump

but god drat man keeping him champion is so dumb

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

i have to assume it's some combination of:

* corgan claims to care about old-school heat, which in his mind, requires a guy who clearly should not be champion being champion, so everyone will hate him

* tyrus probably does have some weird connections with wrestlers or venues or schools or whatever

* tyrus has that hot hot fox nation bump

but god drat man keeping him champion is so dumb

Tyrus in fact does have connections to wrestlers. He is good friends with Trevor Murdoch, Aron Stevens and Kevin Kiley!

And it's not just Fox Nation, it's Gutfeld! including hosting Gutfeld! occasionally.

Also tonight's Powerrr is just some PPV match replays because I guess they couldn't edit a TV show in time.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It seems like Corgan just likes Tyrus personally and can't tell the difference between "guy you like" and "guy who should actually be the face of the promotion."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Maxwell Lord posted:

It seems like Corgan just likes Tyrus personally and can't tell the difference between "guy you like" and "guy who should actually be the face of the promotion."

Tyrus being nice to him in TNA definitely plays a role, as does Tyrus being big but I really think he just sees him as a big star who is on national TV and puts his title on his shoulder on Fox News.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
billy's brain has just been mush for the better part of 30 years

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

billy's brain has just been mush for the better part of 30 years

Billy Corgan rules for going from never shutting up about how much he loved Obama and Biden in the fall of 2008 to posting LaRouchePAC stuff by the spring of 2009. He doesn't rule for being an Alex Jones and Mancow guy, unless he starts putting Mancow on NWA. That would rule.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

That also reminds me of the last time we saw him on WWE TV. It was an episode of Main Event. He had turned heel on Tensai the week prior. He came out in a pinstripe suit and gave a speech about how he's a main event player, and going to the top. I just remember him screaming he is a main event player and it's like yeah you're on WWE Main Event because you suck. After that he had an NXT main event and that was it.

bartok
May 10, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Billy Corgan rules for going from never shutting up about how much he loved Obama and Biden in the fall of 2008 to posting LaRouchePAC stuff by the spring of 2009. He doesn't rule for being an Alex Jones and Mancow guy, unless he starts putting Mancow on NWA. That would rule.

WCW alumni Mancow. https://www.wrestlecrap.com/inductions/mancow-pro-wrestler/

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Have been curious how all the various smaller promotions compare:

Kind of interesting, TNA way ahead but slowly declining (I'm not sure what that big summer 2020 spike is) with NWA getting their biggest spike for Empower and MLW never really getting a spike. The second time I ran it it let me prompt for GCW and they are pretty close to the NWA.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 13, 2023

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
That Summer 2020 Impact spike is probably from the drama around Tessa Blanchard being Impact champ but she was either stuck in Mexico after a tour due to Covid, or just flat out refused to return to Impact during Covid. She was eventually stripped of the title and released at the end of June so that just about lines up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Good news, Mancow was at the NWA PPV. We are closer to the dream.