Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Nephrite posted:

Summon Reaper: Storm and Armageddon Brands can attach to Reaper.

:downs:

Uh...uhhhhhhh. Ok then.

Well at least if I want to gently caress with that I can guarantee it'll be 1c lmao. .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Clocks posted:

Dang, there is like really nothing special for RF in the crucible trees (just some fire dmg/fire dot multi, but those are random nodes rather than capstone nodes).

Honestly I'm fine with this, I'm league starting RF to be chill and take it slow and not having a crazy chase crucible node to look out for just makes that all the easier.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Nephrite posted:

Summon Reaper: Storm and Armageddon Brands can attach to Reaper.

:downs:

I've been wracking my brain trying to think of ANY use for this and am drawing blanks. It's not even clear if the brands would actually damage the Reaper or if it would just kinda carry them around for you.

Doesn't make sense for single-target, cause you want your brands attached to that target for the damage boosts.

Doesn't make sense for clear, since having those two brands jump around between enemies would just be better.

Utility? Still think you're better off having brands attach to enemies or just use Arcanist.

So from the perspective of the brands, there seems to be no benefit to attaching them to Reaper.

I don't know enough about minions for the other side. Is there any benefit to having an unreliable way to damage/kill your Reaper? Apply curses with hextouch? ????

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Doesn't make sense for single-target, cause you want your brands attached to that target for the damage boosts.

generally you have enough max brands to have two on the enemy and two on your minion. thats the theoretical single target setup this mod enables

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Clocks posted:

Dang, there is like really nothing special for RF in the crucible trees (just some fire dmg/fire dot multi, but those are random nodes rather than capstone nodes).

Exsanguinate and reap as fire skills ?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Maybe some kind of weird unstable minions shenanigans but surely there's a better way to accomplish whatever that would accomplish.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Meeko posted:

The SRS one isn't as bad as it looks at first glance because you can use it with Mark of the Red Covenant, so it's like...a third of the damage in exchange for only needing to channel 3 SRS instead of 25?

Unfortunately crit on minions remains difficult as all hell to scale, but hey. It's usable at least, and has a niche in significantly lowering your need to stand still and cast skulls.

I dont know how srs with diamond shrines interact with minion instability but the 40% more HP is always useful for that. Red convenant popcorn srs was pretty strong already

Imagine if they crit because of that interaction, it would be nutty.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
If you have 100% chance to crit and do chaos damage, does that mean you'll always apply poison? Or do you need at least 1% chance to poison?

If the weapon mod gives diamond shrine meaning 100% chance to crit, you can potentially drop the poison srs weapon and use something else if you're guaranteed to get poison stacks from crits.

Edit: everywhere i'm reading says critical strikes don't apply poison. the base damage would be improved so your poison stacks would be bigger, but i doubt 3 raging sprits with 100% crit is better than 20 raging sprits without.

poemdexter fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 5, 2023

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
only elemental ailments are guaranteed on crits, poison needs chance on hit

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Crits only guarantee the three base elemental ailments iirc (ignite freeze shock) and you will need chance to poison from something regardless

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vaal reap RF could be a big winner. I hope it’s not stupid rare

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

pmchem posted:

I... think I'm res capped? will I eventually I need even more resist help from Sanctuary? good tip on minions, I do have host chieftains now so I should probably revisit support gems in general.

Yes you are, I think it was just how poeplanner was showing your stats. And you are good shape for the next one, but you still have 2 acts to go.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ruthless can have one movement skill, as a treat

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1643711146208403461

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

At 9 blood charges with vaal reap the DoT from base reap is actually HIGHER than fire trap by about 14%. If the ground degen from vaal reap benefits from blood charges (not clear yet), it’s like 129% more damage than fire trap (seems broken, so unlikely). There’s also the potential for vaal reap ground degen to stack with base reap’s DoT (we don’t know yet).

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/12cmv8b/biggest_winners_from_datamine/jf2m5gl/

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Lol give it up ruthlessailures

Edit: is reap fun to play without awakened spell cascade? I will never have good currency to afford that.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont know how srs with diamond shrines interact with minion instability but the 40% more HP is always useful for that. Red convenant popcorn srs was pretty strong already

Imagine if they crit because of that interaction, it would be nutty.

It would, yes. Minion instability can crit, it goes off minion crit chance, and the spirits will thus always crit with it.

The problem with that is moreso scaling the crit afterwards. You get barely any on the tree, there's like one cluster node that benefits minion crit multi, but at least you can run 3x Grand Spectrum (minion crit flavor, though that's going to cost you a shitton) and Spirit Offering too. Someone would have to math out if that's actually worth it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Awesome! posted:

ruthless can have one movement skill, as a treat

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1643711146208403461

Now someone might win the boss kill event before 2024.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The good thing about going to reap from fire trap is that you can use CWC .

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
https://poedb.tw/us/Weapon_passive#WeaponPassive

There's more cast speed and more max mana on the trees for the builds that likes scaling those
Some mods that give up to +120 to a stat but loses inherent bonuses - would that work with omniscience?
+10% to two separate stats, an Int/Str one would be great for my build

Speaking of, the Manabond one seems insane - 50% cold conversion and 200% more damage for freeze effect. Just a pity you can't easily plan a build around it before you get it since cheaper Manabond builds are usually non-crit, and definitely not cold conversion. Also the Arc/Crackling Lance one might make them good for manastacking indigon builds too.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 5, 2023

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Just make dodge rolls a baseline ability already!!

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Vanadium posted:

It is very likely they're going to use the data from Quickstep to decide if they want to do something like this for PoE2

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Quickstep has cooldown recovery while a unique enemy is "in your presence." Everyone get in, a new "nearby" just dropped.

Vanadium posted:

But only on consoles.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
all the shatter stuff is to enable herald of ice pops

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There are tons of t1 to t4 mods but the number of t5 mods is relatively ! Low so maybe it won’t be impossible to get one of those skill changing nodes. The first 4 nodes may be less than great tho

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

all the shatter stuff is to enable herald of ice pops

drat, ice pops are tasty

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Challenges out: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/12cxm7q/321_%D1%81hallenges/

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

InventorOfTrees posted:

It is very likely they're going to use the data from Quickstep to decide if they want to do something like this for PoE2

Does "data from Quickstep" just work out to "Ruthless player numbers"?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Noper Q posted:

Quickstep has cooldown recovery while a unique enemy is "in your presence." Everyone get in, a new "nearby" just dropped.

Have you never rolled your own Eldritch implicit mods before?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

500 good dogs posted:

drat, ice pops are tasty

lookin forward to herald of otter pops

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

surprised about this number, I would expect a crucible in every map and for each one to spit out a few rares?

Defeat Rare Crucible Monsters in Tier 16 Maps x150

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
guy pretending to be a veteran poe complainer has never even complained about eldritch mod weightings before lmao

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Welp, 40/40 is out the window because of Heist, and 36 might be a challenge.

And FFS, please stop making Doryani's Machinarium a challenge requirement GGG

edit: oh neat, all the titles are alliterations

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 5, 2023

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
In the presence of Hillock nearby chilled enemies do 10% increased damage if you have not been stunned recently

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Challenges for me are "is the reward with enough for me to care" combined with "did I pick a powerful enough build to sleep through most of these". In ritual, the answer was yes to both!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Meeko posted:

It would, yes. Minion instability can crit, it goes off minion crit chance, and the spirits will thus always crit with it.

The problem with that is moreso scaling the crit afterwards. You get barely any on the tree, there's like one cluster node that benefits minion crit multi, but at least you can run 3x Grand Spectrum (minion crit flavor, though that's going to cost you a shitton) and Spirit Offering too. Someone would have to math out if that's actually worth it.

Yeah the question is if you even want to scale it that way when just the 50% more damage from the crit ignite and +40% more life is good enough.

e- Actually seeing the passives you can get for minions, you'd want at least some of those in the weapon.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 5, 2023

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

whypick1 posted:

Welp, 40/40 is out the window because of Heist

Ehh, you could knock out heist in an afternoon.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362445

well that's an easy max challenges for me

that armor :chanpop:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

how's Ruthless the side-project going?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Metamorph can gently caress right off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

whypick1 posted:

And FFS, please stop making Doryani's Machinarium a challenge requirement GGG

It's one of the primary things propping up the value of delve so that's unlikely to happen