Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost

kiminewt posted:

Maybe NEET parents are somewhat to blame for his dependent situation.

He can't make rice so he can't live alone? Just let him go and he'll figure it out on his own eventually. Get him a goddamn cookbook. Or teach him when he's 14 and not 30.

No, I'm sure the parents who are 1 web search away from :neet: are very competent and stable. But idk, how do you deal with a late 20s? Early 30s Neet son? He doesn't make enough money to even pay rent yet. Wouldn't the parents paying for his rent further enable him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Suspect A posted:

No, I'm sure the parents who are 1 web search away from :neet: are very competent and stable. But idk, how do you deal with a late 20s? Early 30s Neet son? He doesn't make enough money to even pay rent yet. Wouldn't the parents paying for his rent further enable him?

Teach a man how to cook rice, and he eats til the rice runs out.
Teach a man to beg, and he eats for life

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I guess he never showed any interest in learning before. But then again, he does know how to cook fish egg pasta.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

kiminewt posted:

Maybe NEET parents are somewhat to blame for his dependent situation.

He can't make rice so he can't live alone? Just let him go and he'll figure it out on his own eventually. Get him a goddamn cookbook. Or teach him when he's 14 and not 30.

Best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. Second best time is now

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
just tell him where you buy the salami and get on with it dad

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
My man just killed half his famil and the first thing he wants to do is get back to gaming.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 3, 2023

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Time to hop back on 2ch and post "haha! They'll never find me here at my grandparents' house!" to my "I burned down my home and killed my siblings" thread.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

Time to hop back on 2ch and post "haha! They'll never find me here at my grandparents' house!" to my "I burned down my home and killed my siblings" thread.

Since he's griping about the computer's low specs, I'm guessing he just wants to get back to his MMO now lol

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Hopefully that's the last time in this comic anyone ever mentions a measurement.

Grevling posted:

If it's for rinsing the rice I suppose the disregard for measurements is called for. He may live... for now... *sheathes katana*

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

PENGUINMAN posted:

Tomorrow, Tuesday night, Daiisuke will be live-streaming the game on YouTube, so please join us.

he will get the silver drop i know it

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

CyprianLatewood posted:

I feel like most western people don't care enough about rice to notice the difference in like the quality or well-preparedness of rice. It makes a difference if you do though!

It depends on what you're cooking. Rinsing removes starches. Generally, if you want a stickier rice, you don't want to rinse, or at least rinse less. There are a lot of differing opinions on this subject though it seems.

I used to always buy the cheapest rice cookers I could whenever I bought one, but recently I decided to invest and got a really, really nice one - and it's really, really nice. I used it to make a cake recently.

PENGUINMAN posted:

Tomorrow, Tuesday night, Daiisuke will be live-streaming the game on YouTube, so please join us.

What time (+ timezone)?

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Assuming Daiisuke starts streaming around his usual time of around 10-11pm in Japan, that's anywhere from 6-7am (west coast) to 9-10am (east coast) in the Americas. Most of us will be waking up/heading in to work. :(

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
quit ur job and become neet

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

quit ur job and become neet

ill become a NEET when i retire (never)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Brother Make posted:

Hopefully that's the last time in this comic anyone ever mentions a measurement.

It's going to be dry!

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

super sweet best pal posted:

It's going to be dry!

The numbers and lines on the pot don't directly correspond to any measurement or unit but represent the correct amount of water to fill to after adding in that amount of rice. If that makes sense. You'll notice he doesn't use the cup at all for adding water. Of course this would have all been a lot clearer if I hadn't "localized" to demiards, but where's the fun in that? :angel:

Brother Make fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 4, 2023

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

it's cool how every word this guy says/thinks is literally the worst

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
This calls for a battle of the NEETs from the NEET multiverse!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

someone awful. posted:

it's cool how every word this guy says/thinks is literally the worst

It's going to be extremely satisfying when Sara and her friend dox him and get him arrested.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Oh god, that’s Sara’s sister isn’t it

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

PENGUINMAN posted:

What's the deal with Choco-san? He is too good. I think they named Fortnite after him. lol

Penguin-san, would you want to set up a chatroom on your Discord for Japanese speaking members of SA forum? They would love to chat with Daiisuke and friends about translations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Did neetauthor get the silver drop

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Stop 👏 coddling 👏 your👏 son

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

NEET's mom hits way too close to home to my own and it's upsetting me

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

RuBisCO posted:

NEET's mom hits way too close to home to my own and it's upsetting me

Probably not something to admit

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Space Kablooey posted:

Stop 👏 coddling 👏 your👏 son

She is, at long last

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
The best time to learn independence is 15 years ago. The second best time is now.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Mordja posted:

Probably not something to admit

Eh I broke away from it years ago. But it's not too a uncommon story among eldest/only sons from an Asian family

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

She is, at long last

Begrudgingly

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Jesus Christ!

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
I'm prepared for the NEET training montage where he learns to do mundane chores.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cat Hatter posted:

The best time to learn independence is 15 years ago. The second best time is now.

It makes sense that a person who thinks as slowly as NEET would be a late bloomer

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

edit: "Expression" rather than "talk" really does work better here. Don't know why it took me an extra day to think of it. Oh well.

Boring Translation Talk:

The original Japanese I've translated bombastically as "It's meaningless blather with no logic" is 「正論のようで正論じゃない」, "seiron no you de seiron janai." A more literal translation is "It sounds like a reasonable argument, but it isn't."

While the original Japanese sounds plenty contemptuous and nasty, I think the direct English translation is kinda lacking, especially considering Gorou's ire over an innocent and entirely understandable comment. He's proven himself to be full edge lord, so I don't really mind translating him that way.

Incidentally, Gorou seems really fond of the word 正論, seiron, meaning "sound argument, good reasoning." He's actually used it before, so no doubt he'll be saying it again.

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

There's more nuance to what Gorou is thinking in the original Japanese. A direct translation is more like "I'm not good with grandma... [Her] speaking in Hiroshima-ben for no good reason. When she mixes it with Kansai-ben there are times I can't understand what she's saying..."

Mackerel Cornflake fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 6, 2023

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I hope someone punches worse NEET in his big dumb face.

Preferably Sara's sister

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Idle Amalgam posted:

Preferably Sara's sister

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Idle Amalgam posted:

Preferably Sara's sister

It's not really Sara's sister, it's just her upper classman friend whom she calls big sis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Devils Affricate posted:

It's not really Sara's sister, it's just her upper classman friend whom she calls big sis

Let her dole out big fist energy anyhow. Smash em'