Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Father Wendigo posted:

With a little word balloon that follows her around for the sake of the hearing impaired. :hmmyes:

everyone in the round gets a little c word icon their screen like the Cruelty Squad health icon and it pulses and flashes wwhen she yells it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

verbal enema posted:

she should yell the c word everytime she shoots

It should be beeped out as well and the other characters gasp, except those from Australia, they get it.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

verbal enema posted:

uh she has abs and is a babe? seems good to me

Not capitalizing on the bear market... shameful Blizz.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Weapon switching sucks. Why did they put it on the new character?
Why the gently caress do you need to press one button to switch weapons and then another to shoot when you could've just let me shoot with the first button?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

AndyElusive posted:

Sorry guys but now I kind of love him. I kind of love flower boy.

His kit looks fun, and I do like the tone they are going for with him, I just wish his design was a little more interesting. I like the big pink flower on his back but he still just looks like some dude.

Still I suppose he's overall more interesting than Sojourn, the most boring design in the whole cast (they should've used her red/blue jacket skin or the like rambo skin instead as her default look)

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Generic boy with the generic voice and the wow arena spec name is different from the other characters so far, tbf

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

a tiny step up from the personality trait of "has a railgun"

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
Looks like a Paladins hero.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

comedyblissoption posted:

Hey now she has robbit legs too

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I haven't been playing for a month and got a sweet potg.
Pretty rude to just copy enemy widow and then headshot her. Granted neither of us were widow pros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RanEPzzuS0A

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

dogstile posted:

Generic boy with the generic voice and the wow arena spec name is different from the other characters so far, tbf

the hook name literally just being life grip is such a perfect part of this. obviously blizzard is always extremely self-referential, but it has a very "it's 2017 and we're about to launch the blizzardworld map and blizzard clearly has big cross-media aspirations for its ip" type energy

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

comedyblissoption posted:

I just call her "Jane Ultrakill" :shrug:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Not every character can be as iconic as speedster lesbian

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

verbal enema posted:

she should yell the c word everytime she shoots

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBVNp0ldqu4

lol imagine getting killed by one of these guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7g6pw_0W1U

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
https://twitter.com/HoshizoraOW/status/1643313320429236224?s=20

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Not every character can be as iconic as speedster lesbian

Railgun heterosexual defining personality trait is boring. However, speedster lesbian is the mascot character so she's gotta be all cavalry's here, luv then talk about getting a cuppa or some other bri'sh thing.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Just watched the motion graphic origin bit. This is a green Planeswalker from MTG with all of the mandala art and trees. Someone who still plays and actually knows the lore can argue whether it should be G or G/W.

Oh, and epic griefing compilations incoming.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
They are adding more and more characters from the wrong genre of game to this mess.

Join us in Season 8 when the newest tank hero, "Arthas" joins the fray.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
But that was always OW. Its characters were always designed as pastiches of other games' styles.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

verbal enema posted:

illbe honest its nonsense u cant have hog, queen, and junker on the same team

The fact that there's 4 Junkertown affiliated characters and 3 are tanks is so weird.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They should add a Support that works like Abathur from HotS.
That would own so much.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Blizzard: "We have to nerf Roadhog's Hook even further with every patch, it's just too powerful and ruining the game!"

Also Blizzard:

e: LifeHeaver

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 5, 2023

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What are these Overwatch developers smoking exactly?
They keep calling him a "main healer" and that he's a "support that doesn't rely on aim skill" when at the same time his healing output clearly sucks rear end, having hps slightly below Mercy on a >50% HP target, while at the same time being slowed down as he heals and having a giant hurtbox, and also the ult gain from his healing is even more pathetic and it's much faster to build it with his weapon instead.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 5, 2023

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The pansexual thing feels so weirdly forced to me. Not the character, just the way blizzard promotes it as if the sexual orientation of the characters is just as important as how they play and their mechanics.

Like, just have the dude hit on everyone in the pre-round dialogue and let the players figure it out. Instead of blizz’s explicit “announcing our new support, he’s Pan and he’s Here to gently caress”

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It’s big “randy pitchford battleborn rule34” energy

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly
On the contrary, I literally can't play a character until I know what makes them horniest

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The pansexual thing feels so weirdly forced to me. Not the character, just the way blizzard promotes it as if the sexual orientation of the characters is just as important as how they play and their mechanics.

Like, just have the dude hit on everyone in the pre-round dialogue and let the players figure it out. Instead of blizz’s explicit “announcing our new support, he’s Pan and he’s Here to gently caress”

Well, you see, when you announce a hero less than 24 hours after the news break about your company's efforts to drive now the esports salaries and spying on union members, the hero announcement has to be extra spicy to successfully divert the attention from all that boring legal stuff nobody should see.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The funny thing is that the more interesting revelation is that Baptiste might be bi rather than new guy being pan.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

They actually need to reveal the orientation of every character now otherwise it’s discriminatory.

They all gay except pansexual new person.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ApplesandOranges posted:

The funny thing is that the more interesting revelation is that Baptiste might be bi rather than new guy being pan.

It's more interesting that we found out who Wifeleaver is canonically loving REPEATEDLY within a few hours of his interactions being seen.

And it wasn't even part of his back story dump, either :v:

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
Well at least it’s better than soldier and tracer who you actively have to look into to find out they aren’t straight.

I feel bad being cynical about this announcement but I guess blizzard burned all their goodwill and benefit of a doubt away. As someone else said, I’d like to see how this character falls on their diversity tool.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Lord Packinham posted:

Well at least it’s better than soldier and tracer who you actively have to look into to find out they aren’t straight.

Is that better? Do real people irl open with their sexuality? Feels like tokenizing them by making the first descriptor of their personality be (telling, not showing) PLANT-BASED PANSEXUAL

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Is that better? Do real people irl open with their sexuality? Feels like tokenizing them by making the first descriptor of their personality be (telling, not showing) PLANT-BASED PANSEXUAL

I don’t know as I’m not a member of the LGBT+ community, but I know a lot of people that don’t know that tracer or soldier is gay because it’s referenced only in sprays in game.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Lord Packinham posted:

I don’t know as I’m not a member of the LGBT+ community, but I know a lot of people that don’t know that tracer or soldier is gay because it’s referenced only in sprays in game.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that maybe lgbt people can be more than just "my sexuality" first.

E: And by that i mean none of my gay friends ever really want to be introduced as "Paul, the gay".

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Not sure about you but the first thing I care about in my cartoony video games is who/ what the characters are loving

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Just Chamber posted:

Not sure about you but the first thing I care about in my cartoony video games is who/ what the characters are loving

this is a large part of the casual appeal of Overwatch tho

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

No matter what I'm still horny for Junkrat

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

maybe he just knows how to get a nice meal for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

this is a large part of the casual appeal of Overwatch tho