Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Arc Hammer posted:

Are there any other lunatics to round out the cast? A megumin prequel without the rest of the crew of morons feels like it's missing half the spark.

Do the rest of the Crimson Demons count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/ILoveIruma/status/1643670735993307136?t=GHOOEV9P6iDZBI5ufADe5g&s=19

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the fact that the actual 2d animation looks fine adds a lot to this

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

otaku elf on hidive in 2 days!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Getting the kinks out of the Junji Ito CGI Stare

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Yun’s quest to make 100 friends. The never ending series

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

Arc Hammer posted:

Are there any other lunatics to round out the cast? A megumin prequel without the rest of the crew of morons feels like it's missing half the spark.

Megumin is the best of the group anyway

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

And the Crimson Demons own

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

kirtar posted:

Explosion good. I look forward to more Megumin + Yun antics. And obviously explosion(s) at some point.

it made me rewatch the first 3 episodes of konosuba which made me want to eat cabbage soup so now im eating cabbage soup

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Endorph posted:

kirtar posted:

Do the rest of the Crimson Demons count?

Wow we almost had an unbroken string of all four of the Bocchi avatars posting in succession. Who's got the Nijika avatar and dropped the ball?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Talorat posted:

Wow we almost had an unbroken string of all four of the Bocchi avatars posting in succession. Who's got the Nijika avatar and dropped the ball?

Ibblebibble has Nijika.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I was asleep :negative: This is the second time this has happened!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I believe in you.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

where is endorph

e: wait gently caress

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id like to request a probe for the above poster

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
if someone pulled a prank and randomly traded the bocchi ed avs between who have them, how long would it take for anyone to notice

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

where is endorph

e: wait gently caress

you bastard of a poster. reported

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Endorph posted:

the 2d animation is also minimal and not very good imo, it just turns out that the human brain is a lot kinder to 2d images than 3d ones when they're transposed onto a 2d space

that's my feeling as to why sloppy, bad 2d animation consistently gets a pass compared to cg stuff at any rate

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

if someone pulled a prank and randomly traded the bocchi ed avs between who have them, how long would it take for anyone to notice

probably easily since kirtar hates me and thus doesnt post in the chat thread

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

symbolic posted:

this is the seasonal thread

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Namtab posted:

this is the seasonal thread

i am aware which thread i was posting in, yes

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
So which seasonings do we put on tomato isekai, er, sandwiches?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Doodles posted:

So which seasonings do we put on tomato isekai, er, sandwiches?

A ‘mater sandwich consists of white bread, sliced fresh tomato, salt, pepper, and Duke’s mayonnaise

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
Explosions ok so far, but has potential for a lot more. Not as initially hype as I was expecting at ep 1.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ungulateman posted:

the 2d animation is also minimal and not very good imo
its not exactly mindblowing i just mean it doesnt look like its melting

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We've all had days like that

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

symbolic posted:

what the...?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

what the...?

im trolling

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

skiploaf ep 1 was good. quality gentle 2000s romcom vibes and great designs

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Yuri is my Job: This seems like it could be fun. The protagonist faking a cute persona getting roped into a job that's about faking being a shoujo manga character is a fun angle that has the potential for some depth/good bits. I'm not really familiar with shoujo yuri but I'm guessing some of this is playing off of genre tropes also.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

the premise of the cafe is pretty much literally just marimite except with gratuitous German instead of gratuitous French

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
not a lot of new animes today i'm interested in.

gonna give 'The Hero is already dead' a try.

Pretty decent cast.
The humor reminds me of Konosuba with a party of misfits.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 6, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yuri is my Job episode 1 was as good as I hoped for even if the opening teases the Sumika/Kakoko fireworks the anime won't fully cover

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm not planning on watching the hero is already dead, but it has a fun op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_nNo-J7hok

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
We watched another batch of season premieres and my friend Simon wrote up our general thoughts:

"Konosuba: An Explosion on this Wonderful World - Megumin-focused prequel to Konosuba. Explains the origin of her fascination with Explosion Magic and stuff, as well as her "rivalry" with Yunyun and so on. Episode was solid but not amazing, will probably be watching more though.

My clueless First Friend - Kind of boring romcom-ish thing with some primary school kids, protagonist is a socially awkward girl everyone bullies and calls 'shinigami' because she has dead eyes or something, and the other main dude is a possibly slightly autistic dude who thinks that being called shinigami is loving badass. Kind of cute, but boring and not really my thing.

Alice Gear Aegis Expansion - Trash mobile game spinoff, we watched the whole show and have no idea what it was about. First 30 seconds or so there was some mecha musume poo poo going on but then the rest of it was some chick being a creepy gay stalker and blowing into a tube to measure her power level because she wants to be an "actress". Then the Men in Black closed them down but we don't know what they do. Completely nonsensical show. Skipper IMO.

Skip & Loafer - Extremely well animated rom-com about a kind of airheaded but talented girl who moves from out in the sticks to Tokyo to go to high school and meets an extremely laid-back guy who seems to have fallen for her after they have a chance encounter because she has some kind of intense fear of crowds or something. Very well animated, mildly intriguing but ultimately felt pretty boring.

KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World - Dude gets tied up and thrown off a cliff by a bunch of muscley cultists lead by his weird rear end dad. Drowns, gets isekaied and promptly gets a quick unsolicited handy from the first girl he sees. Then turns out this is a world where the state just randomly tells people to kill themselves and they do it. But - twist - the village Our Dude got isekaied to is the bin where they put the degenerates that they eventually kill off or something. Our Hero gets himself stabbed but then somehow summons his "goddess" who may or may not be some kind of Eldrich Horror but appears to be a girl that is a dead ringer for Saya from Song of Saya (who was also an eldrich abomination, hmmm). This show is weird, I might give it another episode or two to figure out what the gently caress it's about but it's not great. *Hillariously* bad 3DCG fantasy animals too.

My Love Story with Yamada-kunm at Lv999 - Kind of interesting RomCom, seems to have actual adult protagonists for once. Girl gets dumped by her dickhead gamer boyfriend who leaves her for some bint he met in the MMO they play that he likes more. She has an encounter with Yamada, a very stoic mage dude, and unloads on him then logs off. In a bid to embarass her ex, she gets super dressed up and goes to an IRL event for the game, and bumps into Yamada again, only it turns out he's a super hot pro gamer and is single. She kind of convinces him into posing as her boyfriend.

My Home Hero - Dude's daughter has gotten herself involved with a deadbeat boyfriend who beats her. Turns out he's a Yakuza or something and is planning to steal her inheritance and kill her, like he's killed previous girlfriends. The Dad kills him, and then calls his Ride or Die wife and together they start covering up the crime. First episode ended on a heck of a cliffhanger. This one seems interesting, not sure if it's my cup of tea personally or not, but it seemed like it could go places. Probably going to watch another episode or two before making a decision."

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Talorat posted:

KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World - Dude gets tied up and thrown off a cliff by a bunch of muscley cultists lead by his weird rear end dad. Drowns, gets isekaied and promptly gets a quick unsolicited handy from the first girl he sees. Then turns out this is a world where the state just randomly tells people to kill themselves and they do it. But - twist - the village Our Dude got isekaied to is the bin where they put the degenerates that they eventually kill off or something. Our Hero gets himself stabbed but then somehow summons his "goddess" who may or may not be some kind of Eldrich Horror but appears to be a girl that is a dead ringer for Saya from Song of Saya (who was also an eldrich abomination, hmmm). This show is weird, I might give it another episode or two to figure out what the gently caress it's about but it's not great. *Hillariously* bad 3DCG fantasy animals too.

At least the goddess is Akarin I suppose? Almost certainly not enough to salvage though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
creepy gay stalker? you telling me this lesbian navigates anomalies?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you telling me this lesbian plays mad stalker: full metal force?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you telling me this lesbian is a lady stalker, the sequel to land stalker for sega genesis?