Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bugsy posted:

Horobi, Death's Wail

!!!
One of my personal top ten cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

:[

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

oh no :smith:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

oh god, historic brawl is getting Skittles? That's gonna be funny.

I'm not too familiar with any of those other ones, but basically all U/G landfall commanders are powerful, mono-black is powerful, and now we're getting experience counters

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

There’s a red black sacrifice draft archetype, but mercifully the set’s act of treason is uncommon.

Also, Stoke the Flames is back (maybe this isn’t news, but it was for me).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The fox should still draw you a card ):

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Phyrexians usually just make things worse, so it tracks.

Why did they print this and then reprint it, doesn't seem very good unless I'm really underestimating that spell ping ability.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

This is MOM Rona

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Phyrexians usually just make things worse, so it tracks.

Why did they print this and then reprint it, doesn't seem very good unless I'm really underestimating that spell ping ability.

Just to have some uncommons on the Multiversal Legends sheet look like. And UB draft archetype is focused on graveyards in MOM. It's the best art of the card IMO at least.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I love stoke the flames, it might not be as good this go round as it was when it was in standard with goblin rabblemaster but I'm gonna find out.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/rcsaxe/status/1643681710561796119?s=20

I'm with Ryan this seems pretty good for limited.

e: I guess with battles you will not have so much room for random noncreature nonremoval spells.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i feel like between backup creatures and incubate tokens any sac ability is going to be good as hell in limited

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

https://twitter.com/rcsaxe/status/1643681710561796119?s=20

I'm with Ryan this seems pretty good for limited.

e: I guess with battles you will not have so much room for random noncreature nonremoval spells.

But also with Battles, vigilance could be the best keyword in the set

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Any equipment with 1 mana equip cost is worth looking at. Wouldn't mind seeing some weapons in standard, only see em now in oddball homebrew or weird stuff.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I feel like this is comparable to Bonesplitter, which was insane. sure it costs white, and only gives +1 to power, but toughness and vigilance is probably going to be important. This is probably a high pick in white

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah true. I keep having to remind myself that battles can be taken out the turn you play them. I thought eschewing 3-4 or even more damage was a huge cost but if it gives you unstoppable tempo from getting both sides in one turn, especially swinging out then getting the backside creature on defense, then they'll be super important. I'm trying to recall what it was like not having a two drop for an opponent's PW in war of the spark...

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The first halberd is strong, but I wouldn’t go out of my way for multiples, so you can probably pick one up later in the draft I would guess?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That Rona seems great though I wish it said Historic instead of Legendary

Did they just abandon Historic as a mechanic?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Vigilance is good in Limited because your best creature can still be a blocker. You definitely want to be careful not to have too many equipment and no creatures, though.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

precision posted:

It was a set mechanic for Dominaria, they could bring it back one day but they don't bring back mechanics like that for just one card in a standard legal set.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

precision posted:

The teshar and whoever commander card has it. A commander card also has horsemanship so they're wild and unpredictable.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Stroke the flames is one of my all time favorites.

Do crackling doom next.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

yeah cheap battles that can drop and be cleared while you still have tempo are gonna be clutch in limited. the expensive ones i still don't see much use for. you want really expensive stuff to come out and break a board stall, but if you can drop a five health battle that late, you probably could just win instead

the sweeper that hits battles too will probably be important for this

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Bugsy posted:

These are all the new cards to arena on the MoM legends sheet.

Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit

Horobi, Death's Wail
Seizan, Perverter of Truth
Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon

Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer
Zada, Hedron Grinder

Yedora, Grave Gardener

Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle
Atraxa, Praetors' Voice
Aurelia, the Warleader
Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer
Ezuri, Claw of Progress
Imoti, Celebrant of Bounty
Juri, Master of the Revue
Lathiel, the Bounteous Dawn
Reyav, Master Smith
Taigam, Ojutai Master

e - is the full list out, or is that tomorrow?

Are these going to be standard legal?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
No, they're like Strixhaven or Brother's War. They maintain their current legality but can be played in sealed or draft.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
My second biggest disappointment for March is how weak Battle seems as a mechanic in this situation

My biggest disappointment is that they didn't acknowledge Magic's current biggest villain and Compleat the Monkey.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Mr. Locke posted:

My second biggest disappointment for March is how weak Battle seems as a mechanic in this situation

My biggest disappointment is that they didn't acknowledge Magic's current biggest villain and Compleat the Monkey.

Print Ragavan into Standard with his new casting cost of 1 Phyrexian Red Mana and his Dash cost similarly altered.

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit

This is apparently during the aftermath of the invasion of new capenna, in the future after all the ruins of park heights that were dropped on Atraxa were removed to allow this scene to exist. Park Heights was the top 1/3 of the city, and the wealthiest part as well.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Its covered in like two of the stories

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Sylvian Wastes posted:

This is apparently during the aftermath of the invasion of new capenna, in the future after all the ruins of park heights that were dropped on Atraxa were removed to allow this scene to exist. Park Heights was the top 1/3 of the city, and the wealthiest part as well.

Wow, I called that green was getting a destroy target artifact/enchantment/flyer/battle, but I didn't think it would cost 2

scytale
Dec 10, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
"Destroy" a battle doesn't flip it, right? Just red (damage) and black (counter removal)?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Plus getting it at common already is pretty crazy, think how long it took to get PW removal lower than rare

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Its interesting green destroys battles only bc id assume white is the "stop fighting color" especially bc green has a mechanic literally called "fight"

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

Its interesting green destroys battles only bc id assume white is the "stop fighting color" especially bc green has a mechanic literally called "fight"

White, contradictorally, both enjoys and hates fighting. Especially in wars.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I think it's only on that card because it basically says "destroy target noncreature permanent or creature with flying" and presumably they thought that would be very confusing

If any color is going to get specific battle removal it probably would be white.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

scytale posted:

"Destroy" a battle doesn't flip it, right? Just red (damage) and black (counter removal)?

Correct

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Green loves fights, but hate wars.
White has both a "fighting for a cause" side and an "all around pacifism" side.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

scytale posted:

green also can do damage + there's two bite ('this creature does damage to target equal to its power') spells in this set that are probably going to be a solid part of flipping battles

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

I wouldn't be surprised if that comes from Battles starting out as enchantment subtypes.

Two mana for that effect is almost good. We used to pay 3 mana for only 3 of those options. Or even 3 mana for two of those options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Any equipment with 1 mana equip cost is worth looking at. Wouldn't mind seeing some weapons in standard, only see em now in oddball homebrew or weird stuff.

you'll pry the transmogrant's crowns out of my cold dead hands