Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Elderbean posted:

It felt like popups were mostly not a problem once you had a decent blocker or browser where now even with an Adblock installed it feels like an arms race and also the ads spy on you and consume a silly amount of bandwidth and the info they collect on you is broadcast across multiple servers and accounts.

Recipe websites are wretched and I have just copied the text from the ones I like into my own plaintext files.

In a way it has felt like the quaintest loving thing that when I'm trying to look up how many minutes or what temperature to do a simple food, I have to scroll past 3000 words of what seems like fragments somebody wrote about what potatoes mean in their personal lives and a commentary on the Wikipedia history of each ingredient that goes into an instant pot dish. I did get the impression there was some bored labor going into them. ChatGPT is going to extinguish what few writers left who made any money from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

blah blah blah etc etc etc recipes can't be copyrighted but stories can yes yes we know

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Also SEO. Google doesn't like it when you click a link, instantly see this is not the recipe you want and click away.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

FFT posted:

I haven't gotten irrelevant garbage yet, but I've definitely gotten pretty bad lyrics results that were definitely misheard somehow.

i accidentally found this gem on google from the asia thread when we were talking about food

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Huevos con aceite

No

Huevos con aceite

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Palladium posted:

i accidentally found this gem on google from the asia thread when we were talking about food

lol it's there right now too

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Palladium posted:

lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
do NOT report that

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lollontee posted:

do NOT report that

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
ok ,which one of you jokers is this?

quote:

Tanner Cook is a member of the Classified Goons, a group that has been posting prank videos on YouTube since May 2022. Known as “just a couple of ‘bone heads'

Despite such a traumatizing predicament that would rattle most folks, Cook told WUSA9 that the shooting isn’t going to stop him. Posting is his “passion,” he told the news station

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1643365658900537345?s=20

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

...that looks like an AI generated person unless he just has holes in his connected-together-arms

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Tempora Mutantur posted:

...that looks like an AI generated person unless he just has holes in his connected-together-arms

i don't know what's up with that photo but he is horribly real and it's easy to understand why someone might shoot him with a gun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdHJXF9I9wU

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

loving love to freak people out, panic them, and make them look back while they're hurling a couple tons of metal and glass down a road!! Lmao

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Pranks have always been absolute poo poo garbage and the explosion of dipshits doing them for internet fame and money is one of the worst parts of modern existence

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

i don't know what's up with that photo but he is horribly real and it's easy to understand why someone might shoot him with a gun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdHJXF9I9wU

Ok I don't feel bad for this guy in the least. Someone "pranked" me recently, but all he did was drive really aggressively at me in a parking lot and then pull out his phone.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I wish Dwight shot Jim

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

TACD posted:

it would be nice to punch the monkey once more, for old times’ sake

i'd rather punch the monkey again than watch the mobile ad that spends it's entire time gaslighting you "don't you hate games that show this gameplay but you download them and they're completely different? we here at <GARDENING THEMED BEJEWELED CLONE> don't do that!" as they show ads of solving puzzles that are not in their game, lol.

the first time i saw it i ended up watching the whole thing, in awe of just how brazen it was.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

lol

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

perfect I love it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Did AI make this graphic?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Isn't this just mainstream economics

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Milo and POTUS posted:

I wish Dwight shot Jim

the eps where idris Elba is the boss and is like “what the gently caress are you doing Jim, this is a place of business” are some of the best

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

at least they're clearly dogfooding it

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Why is the one lady holding a knife?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

apatheticman posted:

the reason why there aren't users

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

quote:

the shooting isn’t going to stop him. Posting is his “passion,” he told the news station, so he’s intent to return

lmfao

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

apatheticman posted:

Palladium posted:

the reason why there aren't users
I count three eye patches.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

eSports Chaebol posted:

the eps where idris Elba is the boss and is like “what the gently caress are you doing Jim, this is a place of business” are some of the best

The one where Andy punches a hole in the wall and has to go to anger management because of hilarious pranks.

I still laughed because it's show funny, but if we're being real here...

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

loving lol

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
One of those gas station tv screens told me what this week's top crypto picks are. I'm gonna become the Joker and also Uncle Ted.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Good news everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbB3mU3aMz0

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

itskage posted:

The one where Andy punches a hole in the wall and has to go to anger management because of hilarious pranks.

but you wanted him to punch a hole in jim instead?

Honestly it's less the pranks that bother me and more the fact that he's probably the worst bully you were ever supposed to root for

red19fire
May 26, 2010

itskage posted:

Dwight should have let Roy get a couple of shots in.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ugh this is really bad they used to have better actors

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Milo and POTUS posted:

I wish Dwight shot Jim

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Jim shot first

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
lol jesus cjrist

https://www.exhibitai.com.au/home

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

didn't a youtube prankster get killed a few years ago because he tried a hilarious prank known as "pretending to commit armed robbery in a parking lot?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55982131 yes indeed