Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I just love that he turned it around on pat like that. Pro move.

I'm also glad he can still do stuff with Reggie, pat is right in that you need to be there with him for the real Reggie magic, it probably wouldn't work over discord or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Clip-On Fedora posted:

We don't know what his wife does.

Anyway, I remember being surprised when Pat first bought a house about five years ago, but he seems to be able to afford that, so I dunno.

I'm pretty sure Pat gets crazy money from donations and partnerships with Hello Fresh, he's living the dream really.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm pretty sure Pat gets crazy money from donations and partnerships with Hello Fresh, he's living the dream really.

There's an alternate reality out there where Pat is still working in that grocery store cause Woolie wasn't too busy watching a fighting game tournament to play Kirby with Matt.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’m going to be a bit let out if at some point in the next like 5 years we don’t get a reveal of “oh this? That’s Pat Jr. he’s 8 and our second child” just out of goddamn nowhere.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Clip-On Fedora posted:

We don't know what his wife does.

Anyway, I remember being surprised when Pat first bought a house about five years ago, but he seems to be able to afford that, so I dunno.

Woolie's mentioned a few times she was studying to be a psychiatrist or something to that effect. She could be practicing now and getting that big $$$

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I thought Woolie owned the house he was at previously. Did he?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

A good poster posted:

I thought Woolie owned the house he was at previously. Did he?

No, that was just a (very nice) apartment he was renting.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
That big Twitch financials leak from a year ago kind of already gave an idea of how well off they are. Both make over 6 figures in just Twitch donations/subs alone. That doesn't even account for sponsorships, youtube revenue, merch, etc. Safe to say, they're doing just fine.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Good on them honestly, they've been at it for well over 10 years and provided lord knows how many hours of free entertainment for us.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

There's an alternate reality out there where Pat is still working in that grocery store cause Woolie wasn't too busy watching a fighting game tournament to play Kirby with Matt.

Considering that Pat stated in an interview he considered jumping off a bridge more than a couple of times during that time in his life, I think that alternate reality is a little darker than that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I dunno, I'd like to think Woolie might have brought Pat in if he was there first.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

did woolie really start on a new game, only to not play it again for several weeks because he has to move (something he'd surely know a long time before)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Also the diabetes he's got a team of scientists running experiments on him to try and beat

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

UnderFreddy posted:

did woolie really start on a new game, only to not play it again for several weeks because he has to move (something he'd surely know a long time before)

Keep in mind that the original plan was to play Front Mission 3 before being talked off the ledge and starting Hi-Fi rush instead.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Keep in mind that the original plan was to play Front Mission 3 before being talked off the ledge and starting Hi-Fi rush instead.

Front Mission 3 is the hero we need AND deserve on his channel!

That said, his wonder at FF9 is infectious.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Warbird posted:

I’m going to be a bit let out if at some point in the next like 5 years we don’t get a reveal of “oh this? That’s Pat Jr. he’s 8 and our second child” just out of goddamn nowhere.

Pat and Paige already have two large adult sons. :v:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Woolie also really wants to do Planescape Torment. But even he knows he can’t read that whole thing. He’s thinking of trying some sort of text to speech thing.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

He shouldn’t stream Torment at all. There’s no way he can enjoy it while the chat stabs at every direction over every possible decision.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Torment should be one of those games where he gets a curated run with Little V for maximum effect but that's not gonna happen sadly.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How is V doing

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Every now and then he'll show up in my youtube recommendations and it looks like he's doing pretty good. A whole lot of covers uploaded pretty consistently.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Kinda wish Torment was just a game Woolie would vibe with on his own time. The amount of work he'd have to do only to have a miserable experience one way or the other might kill his enjoyment of something I think he'd gently caress with on a high level.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I think it's worth a trial stream. I'd love to watch him and Reggie play it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MorningMoon posted:

Every now and then he'll show up in my youtube recommendations and it looks like he's doing pretty good. A whole lot of covers uploaded pretty consistently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac5UYLEOTX8

Hes doing good work

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I hope they go back to Like A Dragon

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

theCalamity posted:

I hope they go back to Like A Dragon

seems increasingly unlikely, that whole thing was V's baby and he doesn't have any interest in coming back

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

seems increasingly unlikely, that whole thing was V's baby and he doesn't have any interest in coming back

that sucks

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Probably for the best. The weird morality of those games would probably drive Woolie crazy anyway

Clip-On Fedora fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 10, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's wild that v didn't get paid for all those LPs he did. I kinda expected better of woolie.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

It'd be cool to see Reggie play Yakuza 0

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Do Isshin first and make it funny that he's suddenly non-lethal in a different game

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm sure Woolie will get to Like A Dragon eventually. He's just gonna start Yakuza 0 from 0 with Reggie and it'll be 2036 when he finally gets past where he was in the first Y:LAD streams.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Captain Invictus posted:

It's wild that v didn't get paid for all those LPs he did. I kinda expected better of woolie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN_-X1sTtb4

I mean it seems V was fine with it but that's gotta suck having a subreddit tossing poo poo at you while you're dealing with personal poo poo.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am completely shocked and astounded that noted bastion of extremely normal people r/TwoBestFriendsPlay would react in such a demanding and downright entitled fashion.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arc Hammer posted:

I mean it seems V was fine with it but that's gotta suck having a subreddit tossing poo poo at you while you're dealing with personal poo poo.
oh sorry I didn't mean to say they had a falling out or something over it, it's clearly not that big a deal since v shows up in a recent gon in 60 seconds, just that like...if you're gonna have someone help you with your job for an extended period of time, you should probably at least compensate them somehow for the amount of time spent on it.

like they played through what, the entire halo series, and then some other stuff? that's a lot of work put in for nothing, at a certain point even "just helping out a friend" should get some sort of payment imo. but it's all in the past and they're good, and I just hope woolie learned from that.

and yeah, V's output is still rock solid. his cover of Undefeatable is insanely good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo1a_RKzVcU&hd=1

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I haven't watched V's video, but I assume its entirely possible Woolie offered to pay V and he just turned it down, possibly multiple times. But that's me just hoping Woolie didn't naively take advantage of a friend's generosity.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can someone please summarize the video

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

beep by grandpa posted:

Can someone please summarize the video

Last year Little V took time off to care for his dying mother. After that he decided to work more on his own content that was making him happy. He discusses how he felt pressured to perform to be "worthy" of recording with Woolie. Chat was fine but the subreddit and youtube comments got to him and when one guy on the subreddit wrote a whole screed about all the things he hated about V (in response to V's video about taking time off) and people were upvoting it, V said gently caress it because he didn't want to deal with that anymore.

Honestly writing this out took longer than watching the video explaining it all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Could someone summarize that post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Arc Hammer posted:

Last year Little V took time off to care for his dying mother. After that he decided to work more on his own content that was making him happy. He discusses how he felt pressured to perform to be "worthy" of recording with Woolie. Chat was fine but the subreddit and youtube comments got to him and when one guy on the subreddit wrote a whole screed about all the things he hated about V (in response to V's video about taking time off) and people were upvoting it, V said gently caress it because he didn't want to deal with that anymore.

Honestly writing this out took longer than watching the video explaining it all.

To add to this, it was the fact that it got a LOT of upvotes that got to V. And he's right, it's lovely enough for one person to write about how much they hate you, it's another thing entirely to have tons of people agree with it, even so little as clicking the Upvote Arrow is a lot.

And yeah, V and Woolie are still tight, V probably just saw it as hanging with his friend, not a gig like the one he wants to actually put time and effort into and sees profit on.