Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

This is true of the destruction school but the other magic schools level p well. It's a shame that Pure Battlemage is off the table, but the build diversity is still wild. The character my SO plays is like playing an entirely different game than my character.

(People say "but everyone's just a stealth archer" but that's not really true, everyone minors in stealtharchery while majoring in something else.)

I used Conjuration in my last build, but it burns my rear end (pun intended) that my Dark Elf Fire mage I made at launch was gimped. I had him looking like a Dervish/moorish warrior, too; magic robes and leather greaves/gauntlets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

As true as all of this is, anyone who claims that Skyrim isn't one of the best games ever made is kidding themself. Players at pretty much any skill level can be having a dope fantasy adventure within five minutes, and you don't need to carefully craft your build since the game just automatically just levels up the playstyle you naturally go with. It's intuitive, accessible, and cool, and there's a reason it single-handedly defined what gaming is to this day.

I've started Skyrim three times and quit because the combat is hot garbage. It doesn't help that I tried to get into it at the same time as Dark Souls, the superior game.

quiggy posted:

new thread title imo

sorry but I don't want people to constantly be comparing Zelda to such trash

I don't like Skyrim, can you tell

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Martman posted:

Protocols of the Elder Scrolls of Zonai
:wow:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Game called Skyrim, not a single floating island in sight, and only time you aren't glued to the ground is when you ragdoll from giant

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They should've called it Grounded because of all the bugs

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've never even played Skyrim :chord:

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've never even played Skyrim :chord:

You ain't missing much

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I finally did all of the things in Minish Cap, I got all the figurines including the extra ones, all the kinstone fusions and all heart pieces. I also got the mirror shield which is a weird prize for beating the game but whatever.

The rewind feature helped a lot with the figurines and I’m not sorry about it.

Edit: I got all the other optional upgrades and the extra combat upgrades. All of the things.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Minish Cap honestly wasn't bad. I wouldn't mind the franchise resurrecting Vaati in some capacity

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cool spot spotted

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
I spent ten minutes during therapy today just talking about TotK excitement. Last week's appointment was canceled because my therapist was at PAX East. They're one of my few gamer contacts irl so it was cool to enthuse with someone who gets it.

(it was a slow week as far as problems, plus it's good to talk about happy things you're looking forward to in therapy too!)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

goethe.cx posted:

Minish Cap honestly wasn't bad. I wouldn't mind the franchise resurrecting Vaati in some capacity

I played it for the first time on steam deck recently. I was amazed how great the visuals held up. I had an original non backlit GBA and never played it back then. I liked it a fair amount though. The puzzle piece things weren't great but they were interesting and something different at least. Somehow I finished it but not link between worlds (also tried for the first time recently). It felt like lttp (same map...uh oh) and having everything unlocked right at the start didn't give me a carrot to chase I guess. I don't think totk will make me feel the same way but it is funny to think about the similarities.

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
I'll admit to having been a bit worried about the reused map, UNTIL I started watching https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy0sOa5_nRO6EC8VKIMALQ1BTfl_FiZLA previously linked in this thread, the minimalist 100% run-through.

I was shocked at how many areas I didn't recognize, in spite of my completing all 120 shrines. Maybe it's just coming at areas from a different angle, but certain minigames I'd never seen, tons of Korok areas I'd never seen, etc.

Combined w the fact that the map is so gorgeous, and I've not played since before lockdown, means I'll be enjoying with fresh eyes. Can't wait!

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Mourning Due posted:

I'll admit to having been a bit worried about the reused map, UNTIL I started watching https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy0sOa5_nRO6EC8VKIMALQ1BTfl_FiZLA previously linked in this thread, the minimalist 100% run-through.

I was shocked at how many areas I didn't recognize, in spite of my completing all 120 shrines. Maybe it's just coming at areas from a different angle, but certain minigames I'd never seen, tons of Korok areas I'd never seen, etc.

Combined w the fact that the map is so gorgeous, and I've not played since before lockdown, means I'll be enjoying with fresh eyes. Can't wait!

Yeah, no worries in that department from me. I dusted off BoTW after 2+ years away to start knocking off side-quests, etc and found like a dozen Koroks, 6 shrines, and a few other areas I'm pretty sure I've never been to. It's really nice to have a podcast on and just explore the world :shobon:

Finally got that drat blood moon shrine this evening.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mourning Due posted:

I was almost done with the game before I stumbled across the golf course.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I was listening to Sins of Hyrule this morning and I’m excited to see what Hyrule Castle is like this time around.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TONq8AI7go

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

superjew posted:

I was listening to Sins of Hyrule this morning and I’m excited to see what Hyrule Castle is like this time around.

This is pretty plausible. The only thing I can think of that makes it conceptually iffy is that the "core" Deku Tree isn't even remotely on the scale of a lot of those trunks size-wise (though I guess there's nothing preventing it from being a lot smaller).

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Yeah, no worries in that department from me. I dusted off BoTW after 2+ years away to start knocking off side-quests, etc and found like a dozen Koroks, 6 shrines, and a few other areas I'm pretty sure I've never been to. It's really nice to have a podcast on and just explore the world :shobon:

Finally got that drat blood moon shrine this evening.

I finally got the Master Sword today, but couldn't do anything else before work. Look forward to using it! I hope I can use it more than once before it has to recharge!

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
During my first playthrough I went essentially counterclockwise around the map starting from the southeast, so for my 2nd I'm obviously going clockwise from the southwest

Turns out I missed a lot in the Gerudo desert... such as a Gerudo named Tali whose gimmick is that she never talks

Aonuma!!!!!!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Here is my take on the master sword so far...

The thing with the master sword is that by the time you get it you ought to have better weapons in your inventory for non-guardians. Also, it would be nice if it started recharging any time it is unequipped. Once you start using it you might as well wear it out and recharge rather than need it but only have like one swing left.

Also the beam shot from it sucks.

It does feel like Link swings it faster than other broadswords, but I googled and cant find any evidence of that.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Mulaney Power Move posted:

The thing with the master sword is that by the time you get it you ought to have better weapons in your inventory for non-guardians. Also, it would be nice if it started recharging any time it is unequipped. Once you start using it you might as well wear it out and recharge rather than need it but only have like one swing left.

Also the beam shot from it sucks.

It does feel like Link swings it faster than other broadswords, but I googled and cant find any evidence of that.
can't read this post, avatar too distracting

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I definitely did not have many weapons better than it. At the time I got the Master Sword, the only one-handed swords I had in reasonable supply were Knight's Broadswords, which are a bit weaker than the Master Sword.

I find it a nice quality of life thing. I just use it until it "breaks," and it helps act as a buffer where I can collect more weapons in the meanwhile.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I used it to mine mostly. And kill Guardians.

For general use though I preferred the spear and 2 handed moveset anyways.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

is the game out yet

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
God this is some really good analysis of the gameplay about how Recall is the power that sticks out as different from the rest, and how its icon and similar ones on the special edition OLED Switch and on the pins that come with the collectors edition of the game might hint at Link's other powers in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-KzZSDuAWk

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
e

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I'm surprised no one so far seems to have mentioned that given elemental arrows seem to now only made by fusing (there's no arrow select on d-pad left and they use ice chuchu jelly for an ice arrow), if we're getting bomb arrows again it means that bombs are now going to be materials, rather than as a power like in BoTW.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

God this is some really good analysis of the gameplay about how Recall is the power that sticks out as different from the rest, and how its icon and similar ones on the special edition OLED Switch and on the pins that come with the collectors edition of the game might hint at Link's other powers in the game:

drat this is well done

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

Hrist posted:

Everyone is missing the easiest youtube scam of all time. Just upload a video titled something like, "Everything you missed in the Mario movie Tears of the Kingdom trailer, because you had your eyes closed the entire time, you stupid loving idiot!!! (Switch Pro confirmed - link in the comments)" And just upload the entire gameplay movie to get free ad money.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Martman posted:

Protocols of the Elder Scrolls of Zonai

Oh wowzers

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

Yeah that's great and all but they showed the whole game in that gameplay demo and 2 trailers so not sure why this person is even bothering to make these videos.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

incorporeal posted:

Yeah that's great and all but they showed the whole game in that gameplay demo and 2 trailers so not sure why this person is even bothering to make these videos.

clickbait for idiots

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

incorporeal posted:

Nobody’s gonna buy this game, it still has weapon durability.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

clickbait for idiots

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I'm not watching any of those "THINGS YOU MISSED" videos because 1. clickbait for idiots and 2. I don't want them spoiling stuff I'm too stupid to notice.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MokBa posted:

I'm not watching any of those "THINGS YOU MISSED" videos because 1. clickbait for idiots and 2. I don't want them spoiling stuff I'm too stupid to notice. I never miss anything

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I save my precious clicks for "Ending Explained" videos of the most literal stories ever written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Of Mice and Men ENDING EXPLAINED