Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brody put Chuck through a table and Buddy stopped OC from helping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Chris James 2 posted:

Brody put Chuck through a table and Buddy stopped OC from helping

Wow not how I expected the OC heel turn to go down

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/drainbamager/status/1641448831828234242?s=46&t=vTNZavhRg3gJqoP7LCLG5A

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
If he ends up going to WWE for decent money then good for him. He’s the exact sort of worker who has a ceiling in AEW/ROH but could probably get a really good spot in WWE.

Or he’s falling out the other end and going to Impact or something I dunno

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Answers Me posted:

If he ends up going to WWE for decent money then good for him. He’s the exact sort of worker who has a ceiling in AEW/ROH but could probably get a really good spot in WWE.

Or he’s falling out the other end and going to Impact or something I dunno

Does WWE still test for 'roids?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
There wasn't really a lot for Cage to do in AEW outside being the initial Monster of the Week for Mox in 2020. Pairing him with Taz was a good idea, but he was quickly overshadowed when it became a stable and he was clearly the least talented member. Why do you need Brian Cage when you've got Powerhouse Hobbs? Plus that FTW belt was like a lead weight around his neck, he never suited it.

Good luck to him though, he's put over plenty of guys since his return to AEW and I really hope he gets a big money spot in WWE somewhere. Despite my previous paragraph, I am a fan of his.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cage is one of those guys I enjoy watching when he's on but I don't get excited about in advance. He's fine. I hope he gets a good deal wherever he goes because I always want workers to get that bag

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CombineThresher posted:

Does WWE still test for 'roids?

Every test brought within 50 feet of the dude immediately disintegrates

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

They stopped any kind of testing so that wrestlers don't get popped on purpose to get fired

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
People thought cage was done months ago too and was unhappy and then he signed a new contract and was one aew and roh and some people were upset at having to watch him wrestle

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He was unhappy with how he was used in AEW and when ROH was acquired they both thought maybe that'd be the place for him/to repair the relationship. Doesn't seem to have worked out that way

I wouldn't hate seeing him back in Impact, at least to give him a better exit from the company than "rear end kicked by RVD" last time

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
That tweet is pretty bad. Brian Cage is done with AEW/ROH unless he signs a new contract.

Ok

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A better way of wording it that gets the point across is "they're still hoping to work things out, but he's currently working without a contract because he still holds a belt despite the deal having ended"

So basically he's dropping the belt but saying that outright spoils a result of their immediate next big show

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Not exactly the match I would have booked but hell yeah Sauna Boys on AEW
https://twitter.com/henrytcasey/status/1643751098845642753

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
37KAMIINA vs Butcher, Blade, and Kip on Dark Elevation was a good showing, got a good amount of time too

davius_xw
Aug 23, 2021
KIP SYBIAN

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

davius_xw posted:

KIP SYBIAN

Hope they didn't ride him too hard

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

davius_xw posted:

KIP SYBIAN

Lmao are you the guy behind me who yelled that really loud at him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Penguin Patrol posted:

Lmao are you the guy behind me who yelled that really loud at him

I think he's just repeating what the tweet says

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh lol

Also, Maki Itoh vs Ashley D'Amboise on Elevation!

davius_xw
Aug 23, 2021

IcePhoenix posted:

I think he's just repeating what the tweet says

Correct but henceforth I will be calling him Kip Sybian always

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, Emi Sakura vs Mizuki!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Penguin Patrol posted:

Holy poo poo, Emi Sakura vs Mizuki!

Bro what the gently caress

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
We got a whirling candy too, incredible

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
:sickos:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1643766386668306433

In case that wasn’t immediately clear from Dynamite eh

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hell yeah 37K, will need to make time for that when it goes up

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I just got home from the show, they might still be taping ROH for all I know. Shibata vs Chris Daniels was surprisingly flat, probably the best match (before I left because goddamn it's late) was Daniel Garcia vs Tracey Williams. The crowd was getting sparse towards the end. Tony needs to stop running shows so late on weeknights.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/ZafonLamora/status/1643835871139905537

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm on my way home and yeah, the crowd really thinned out for ROH and the crowd that was left was kind of a lot of shitheads doing those random YEAAAAH chants. Ortiz capitalized on it like a pro (vs Brian Cage who still works there I guess). Also a random "we want tables" chant during Garcia vs Hot Sauce.

I bounced after Miyu vs Athena at about 11:45, I'm pretty sure there was a Willow match I missed but I'm not sure what else.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Willow match was short and fun, Willow is great. Bummed I missed Takeshita live but it was too drat late, why am I still awake

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Feels like a mistake to film Dark *and* ROH at the same show

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
I see the Princess of Princess Champion got jobbed out on Dark Elevation.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

good

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Stall_19 posted:

I see the Princess of Princess Champion got jobbed out on Dark Elevation.

it was a great match, everyone in my section lost their poo poo at the whirling candy, it broke their minds. joy to see so many experience that loving rabbit for the first time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dark Elevation:

Jericho Appreciation Society (Jake Hager, Matt Menard and Angelo Parker) defeat Zack Clayton, Jack Tomlinson and Mike Magnum
Butcher, Blade and Kip Sabian defeat MAO, Yuki Ueno and Shunma Katsumata
Marina Shafir and Nyla Rose defeat Renegades (Charlette and Robyn Renegade)
Dark Order (Alex Reynolds, John Silver and Evil Uno) defeat Aaron Rourke, Alvin Alvarez and Brother Greatness
The Firm (Big Bill and Lee Moriarty) defeat Rex Lawless and Traxx
Maki Itoh defeats Ashley D'Amboise
Isiah Kassidy and Matt Hardy defeat Bobby Orlando and BRG
Emi Sakura defeats Mizuki

ROH:

Mark Briscoe and Lucha Bros (Pentagon El 0 Miedo and Fenix) defeat Shane Taylor and WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry and JD Drake). Postmatch Powerhouse Hobbs and QT Marshall stare down Lucha Bros and their tag titles
Katsuyori Shibata retains the Pure title over Christopher Daniels. Judges were Dean Malenko, BJ Whitmer and Jerry Lynn
Brian Cage defeats Ortiz
Jay Lethal defeats Darius Martin after interference from Matt Taven
La Faccion Ingobernable (Rush and Dralistico) defeat the Infantry (Carlie Bravo and Shawn Dean)
Daniel Garcia defeats Tracy Williams
Athena retains the women's title over Miyu Yamashita
Willow Nightingale defeats Notorious Mimi
The Righteous (Dutch and Vincent) defeat Even Stevens (Steve Somerset and Stephen Azure)
Konosuke Takeshita defeats Tony Nese

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH:

Skye Blue defeats Kelly Madden
Mark Briscoe defeats Ari Daivari. Postmatch Varsity Athletes (Josh Woods, Tony Nese and Daivari) attack Mark, FTR make the save
Claudio Castagnoli retains the world title over Metalik
Robyn Renegade defeats Madison Rayne. Rayne got hurt leading to a rushed finish
Wheeler Yuta defeats Tracy Williams
Katsuyori Shibata and Alex Coughlin defeat WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry and JD Drake)
Darius Martin defeats Mike Bennett by DQ after interference from Matt Taven. Postmatch Action Andretti makes the save
Willow Nightingale defeats Little Mean Kathleen
Stu Grayson defeats Nese. Postmatch the Righteous (Vincent and Dutch) stare down Dark Order
Athena defeats Ashley D'Amboise in a Proving Ground match; if Ashley won she'd have gotten a women's title shot against Athena at a later date

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have wanted Tony to book LMK vs Jade so we could have the visual of Jade bullying a child and he found a way to do it literally instead. But I'm glad LMK got another look.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Well, I guess Dante Martin At Home is about the best role for Action Andretti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mons Hubris posted:

Well, I guess Dante Martin At Home is about the best role for Action Andretti

I figured they'd hook AR Fox up with Darius, despite what Tony said about Darius doing singles.