Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I greatly appreciate Detergent making their first post in 5 months and second in 18ish just to welcome back Groverat lol

Really speaks to how good this community is even if it's a withered husk of its former self

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Judgy Fucker posted:

I greatly appreciate Detergent making their first post in 5 months and second in 18ish just to welcome back Groverat lol

Really speaks to how good this community is even if it's a withered husk of its former self

I mean, I consider a bunch of y'all friends... Or at least football-adjacent, friendly acquaintances, even though I've never seen most of your faces.

It's a long run, you know?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Avatars are posters’ faces. :colbert:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Unless your face has a pole in front of it, of course

edit: I need a new avatar

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

JesustheDarkLord posted:

RIP.

This affected me a lot more than I expected it too.

Between Wheez and my WoW buddy, Ruxpin, who both passed in a similar timeframe (eg: in that 11 year gap after college but before I met my now wife). Hit me hard. Throw in my old college basketball buddy, who wasn't a goon but may as well have been, you've got a wild time.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Ruxpin from GSH?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Ruxpin from GSH?

Yup. Fish Squad for life.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo i didn't know he died

I was Lagshock

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Didn’t Groverat die in Benghazi?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Warbird posted:

Didn’t Groverat die in Benghazi?

That was Vilerat.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I can't believe Hillary did that too the forums

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I feel like the bulk of Penn State fans that ever were in this forum still post.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Komet posted:

I feel like the bulk of Penn State fans that ever were in this forum still post.

The only one I can remember who ain't around is that dude who was a big Paterno defender.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Wasn't that groverat?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Komet posted:

Wasn't that groverat?
He was a Texas guy iirc, falling on that sword of his own weird accord

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Komet posted:

Wasn't that groverat?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

He was a Texas guy iirc, falling on that sword of his own weird accord

Now that I think about it, you might both be right. Texas dude, big Paterno defender

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Komet posted:

o7

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Someone calling Detergent "Det" reminded me of Deteriora (or whatever handle was). The resident "old guy" 10-15 years ago when most of us were in college.

...we're all his age now, aren't we? :ohdear:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dango Bango posted:

Someone calling Detergent "Det" reminded me of Deteriora (or whatever handle was). The resident "old guy" 10-15 years ago when most of us were in college.

He’s still around and posts occasionally.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Whatever happened to Detroit_Dogg?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Dango Bango posted:

i feel like even back then he was talking about grand kids. Idk if we're there... yet.

BUMBACLOT
Jun 19, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Whatever happened to Detroit_Dogg?

Overdosed on little caesars hot n ready pizzas

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

BUMBACLOT posted:

Overdosed on little caesars hot n ready pizzas

A true warrior's death

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Oh poo poo i didn't know he died

I was Lagshock

Yeah. We were FB friends. Kinda a shock.

Was Esobud. Logged back in for the first time in a decade and we had a little Fish Squad reunion. Luckless, Nuklive, and Om were all logged in at the same time when I managed to get back in guild.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I joined for the files but TFF had been my shitposting home for the last few years

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Once a decade is good, but those were from a while ago so maybe

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

PostNouveau posted:

That rules. I hope someone somewhere managed to nab a Ph.D. somehow

I honestly wonder if athletic scholarships would cover a PhD.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

A true warrior's death

Well, Worf did call prune juice a warrior's drink, so I guess anything that can cause explosive decompression from your aft vent is a warrior's food.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
"Prune Juice Sets You Free" is an honest to God bumper sticker

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Rectal Placenta posted:

As a prune juice drinker, I agree

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Rectal Placenta posted:

Saw something similar, except that dude also had a huge Starfleet insignia sticker on his back window

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

dirty shrimp money posted:

Saw something similar, except that dude also had a huge Starfleet insignia sticker on his back window

plz dont doxx me

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I'm kinda bored on a pre-holiday early Friday, I'm doing a big Star Trek shitpost. If conferences were in the Star Trek world -

The Big 10 is the Federation - The Good Guys of the universe (according to the narrative) and enjoy all the plot armor it needs. Has almost unlimited resources and allows its members to live free of material wants. Maintains multiple neutral zones with hostile aliens. Is good at using academic high-brow (the AAU) to sweep their sins (Penn State, Michigan State) under the rug.

The SEC is the Borg - A nigh-impenetrable force that knows nothing but the accumulation of power, assimilated the worthy programs in its path (The SWC and Big Eight), and runs around in massive cubes destroying the opposition. Offense is irrelevant. Its only weaknesses are Federation standard plot armor and snow.

The Big 12 is the Klingon Empire - A group of hell raisers organized into tribal houses. Once threatened the Federation but made peace long ago. Still good at fighting. Their main source of energy (Texas and Oklahoma) exploded and they had to make major reforms to survive. Utterly helpless in the face of the Borg and their Queen in Athens.

The Pac 12 is the Romulan Empire - Shady, methodical, way off in the Beta Quadrant. Has great ships and is the only entity that has fought the Federation and not lost. Just saw their star explode and lost their home planet (USC), and could die without serious reform. Currently has multiple factions conspiring against each other for an invitation to join the Federation, but might have to slum it with the Klingons.

The ACC is the Cardassians - A bit of a backwater in the galaxy capable at an individual ship level of harming the major powers, but overall lags a bit behind but not so much they're a mid-major power. Got jealous once and invited Notre Dame in its conference. Didn't go well.

Notre Dame is the Dominion - A massive nation accessed by a wormhole in Federation space comprised of slaves of a small group of religious weirdos that worship a smaller group of genocidal shape shifters. It's a 1:1 analogue.

UConn is the Ferengi - A mid-major entity that does one thing better than just about anyone, but that thing makes them hard to take seriously.

The American is the Tholians - A minor power but only because nobody's ever done a consistent plot line with them. Dangerous in combat though - take them lightly and one of them will trap you in an unbreakable upset web.

The Mountain West is the Maquis - A group of brave settlers in a far-off corner of space fighting with everyone that comes near. Scores impressive victories now and then but get swatted aside when the major powers really come to fight.

The Sun Belt is the Bajorans - A recently liberated group located inside hostile territory, seems to have some potential and might join one of the major powers one day. Hates the ACC. East Carolina should go here.

Appalachian State is Species 8472 - These guys appear early in a season and start smoking ships (Michigan, Texas A&M) as you sit there gobsmacked, and then disappear as fast as they show up (the month of October).

The MAC is the Terran Empire - They exist in the same space as the Federation but are from somewhere in the multiverse. Show up a few episodes in every series but are way weaker than they appear.

Conference USA is the First Federation - The name implies they were once a big deal, and they had a pretty good episode in the Original Series, but at this point you'd have to be a real nerd to know who these guys are. Like Balok, nobody really wants to see Liberty win.

North Dakota State is the Avengers - You hear about their exploits and they're fun to watch, but they exist in a different franchise.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 6, 2023

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Couple teaspoons of Benefiber in the morning coffee will sort ya right out. Just saying.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I want to shoehorn a joke involving the conversation between Quark and Garak about the Federation Big 10 and Root Beer but I got nuthin

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Are the WAC Vulcans?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Are the WAC Vulcans?

Out-of-touch and self-absorbed fart huffers?

No, the NCAA are the Vulcans.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Who is Q?

Presumably this must be some eccentric, individual booster who throws an entire universe into chaos.

Maybe Q is NIL

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Q is absolutely the Networks driving all the realignment bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Lane Kiffin