Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Burns
May 10, 2008

Is it just me or have daiky updates from defmon etc really dried up lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/jonnytickle/status/1643932230383804416
Number go up, and not in a good way :sickos:

Burns
May 10, 2008

That suggests to me that the ruble has recovered.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
this is weird to try to follow in the context of a strongly walled off currency

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Burns posted:

Nothing's really going on. The Putin's Winter offensive fizzled out and the fields aren't dry enough for Ukrainian armed forces to commit into a large-scale assault. Now that China basically told Putin to go gently caress himself, everyone is just waiting and seeing if the Russian economy finally starts to show signs of imploding, which could mean that the war ends sooner than later.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Burns posted:

It collapsed immediately after the invasions but they started to prop it up so it appreciated vs USD, until now, that is. It's recovering into the shitter.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Aha! Weak ruble means Russian exports are going to soar, this is great news for mother Russia

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Burns posted:

The dollar has remained stable so buying more roubles per dollar means the value of the rouble has gone down aignifigantly.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Another of Putin's henchmen had a fall

https://radaronline.com/p/vladimir-putin-igor-shkurko-oligarch-die-mysterious-circumstances-russia-invasion-ukraine/

quote:

A Russian energy boss with ties to Vladimir Putin was found dead under mysterious circumstances this week while awaiting trial on bribery charges, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Igor Shkurko, 49, was found dead on Tuesday in a jail cell in Yakutsk, Siberia.

According to Daily Mail, Shkurko served as the deputy general director of the Russian energy company Yakutskenergo and was found dead one day after submitting an appeal to what he deemed was an “unfair bribery allegation” against him.

Although Russian authorities have not disclosed Shkurko’s cause of death, they claimed on Wednesday that the “preliminary data” found the 49-year-old’s passing was not “criminal” in nature.

“On April 4, the accused was found in a cell of the pre-trial detention center with no signs of life,” the Russian Federal Penitentiary Service said in a statement shortly after Shkurko’s death.

“Arriving medical workers ascertained his death,” they continued. “An investigative team was called to the scene.”

“According to preliminary data, no signs of a criminal death were found.”

Even more surprising are reports that, prior to his death on Tuesday, Shkurko was a prominent member of the pro-Putin United Russia party.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, the Russian energy oligarch’s death this week marked just the latest Russian with ties to Putin to die under mysterious circumstances since Russia first invaded Ukraine more than 13 months ago.

So far, at least 40 high-profile Russians have died under mysterious circumstances – including oligarchs, scientists, military generals, and Kremlin officials.

Many of the deceased reportedly died shortly after criticizing both Putin and his ongoing war against Ukraine.

"There are two kinds of victims, as far as we can tell: those who are opposed to Putin's Ukraine policies,” one Russian insider explained earlier this month, “and those who Putin believes have double-crossed him.”

"It is this that makes [Putin] so dangerous,” the source added.

Igor Volobuev, another insider who reportedly works in the Russian energy industry, expressed suspicion regarding the more than 40 recent deaths and the claims that many of those deaths were accidents and suicides.

“All these stories are strange,” he said this week. “I don't believe in suicide. It will not fit into my head.”

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 6, 2023

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
maybe these guys are actually dying one after another from the poo poo vapours from putins rubber diapers( like over the pigshit pools in the states) and they put the bodies in spooky places to cover it up I'm onto something

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/AndrewPerpetua/status/1643708854276874240
https://twitter.com/AndrewPerpetua/status/1643710879815401472
This cannot be a clearer sign of shell hunger, rationing, or both.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Cable Guy posted:

This would just be ordinary Russian BS I guess but it's at least a little interesting because the plane in question is a Foxbat....

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1643733388031918080

Not THAT Foxbat though... this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroprakt_A-22_Foxbat

Nice collection of three completely unrelated photos that don't even look like they came from the same place lol

The plane looks AI generated as well, or at least photoshopped. It's missing some... plane things

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Shifting........ to military targets???

poo poo. They're learning.

We're hosed.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

Shifting........ to military targets???

poo poo. They're learning.

We're hosed.

The quandary:

We have military targets!!! :stoked:

But we have no ammo. :emo:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
just lol at those ''secret'' documents on telegram showing the Ukraine invasion is 3 lines on a map and a chart at the bottom with mud/not mud and all heavily coloured and outlined because military people are known to go out of their way to make stuff look pretty as if it's a presentation to the CEO and board of directors.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Tai posted:

just lol at those ''secret'' documents on telegram showing the Ukraine invasion is 3 lines on a map and a chart at the bottom with mud/not mud and all heavily coloured and outlined because military people are known to go out of their way to make stuff look pretty as if it's a presentation to the CEO and board of directors.

Apropos of this actually

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/04/6/7396754/

quote:

Oleksii Danilov, Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council, stated that no more than five people on the planet have information about where and when the counteroffensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine will begin.

Source: Danilov in the interview with Radio Svoboda (Liberty)

Details: To whether there are statements about, for example, the date of the start of the counteroffensive strategy of Ukraine, Danilov answered:

Quote: "I can say that today there is a very limited number of people who have information on where, when, and how certain actions will be initiated on the territory of our planet. No more than three to five people...

And when people make certain statements, keep in mind that this may not be true.

When this or that military action begins, this or that military operation is information for a very limited circle of people."

More details: Danilov added that Ukrainians will notice when "everything begins". He added that "where, when and at what time" is a completely confidential question.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

steinrokkan posted:

Aha! Weak ruble means Russian exports are going to soar, this is great news for mother Russia

This is good news for rublecoin

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

This is good news for rublecoin

we'll cross that bridge when we get to it

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
what bridge??

Some more blessed propaganda

(myth/reality)

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Burns posted:

In his own words

https://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1640452720975904769?t=_27IYUpYt9kEmMOB7Hf2yQ&s=19

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Mif / realnost? That's actually understandable when you already know what it means. :)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

what bridge??

Some more blessed propaganda

(myth/reality)

“Not like us Russians who are a paper Tiger. What stop laughing!”

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Russia captured the throne room and are claiming nato left a Biolab

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

mobby_6kl posted:

what bridge??

just a bad rublecoin / rubicon joke :v:

really hope Ukraine can pull off another counteroffensive on the level of Kharkiv / Kherson... maybe even beyond that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Computer viking posted:

Mif / realnost? That's actually understandable when you already know what it means. :)
Correct. Myth is greek and I'm pretty sure reality is latin so I guess both languages just stole from the same sources lol. The cyrillic alphabet maps reasonably well too so once you know which letter is which it kind of makes sense.

Icept posted:

just a bad rublecoin / rubicon joke :v:

really hope Ukraine can pull off another counteroffensive on the level of Kharkiv / Kherson... maybe even beyond that.
yeah I know that was supposed to be a worse crimea bridge joke :)

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Welcome to миф.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Only Putin knew when the special military operation was going to start, try to top that!

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Tai posted:

Any intelligence leaking seems bad. Unless it's a double cross.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/06/us/politics/ukraine-war-plan-russia.html

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Burns posted:

not sad about this, i loving hated kitconstantin posting this guy. Probating people for calling russians orc then posting tweets from a guy calling them orcs and other poo poo to dehumanize them.

gently caress russia, but still

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

My Spirit Otter posted:

not sad about this, i loving hated kitconstantin posting this guy. Probating people for calling russians orc then posting tweets from a guy calling them orcs and other poo poo to dehumanize them.

gently caress russia, but still

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Alan Smithee posted:

Russia captured the throne room and are claiming nato left a Biolab

Missed opportunity to include some partisan activities in the closet.

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
Sorry guys, my fault. I'll check this thread more frequently so we get to the end of the war faster.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Why haven't you told Putin to knock it off yet? He needs a 6er at least.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin
Lol :D looks like it's time for the thread to be owned.. again!!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Posting will expedite the end of the war so :justpost:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Tai posted:

My buddy has a good story about this. He was fresh off of his recce course and his sgt asked him to draw him up a quick sketch of the area within is arcs. So being fresh off his course, he did exactly what he was taught on his course and drew a nice picture and it looked like what he saw. Said he worked on it for like 20 minutes. His sgt comes over and says "nice work, rembrandt." Quickly draws a top-down view of the area in front of him with symbols as map markers, shows it to him and says "like this, dipshit" and walks away.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Welcome to миф.

Thread title.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Come watch the IZWF :twisted: https://www.twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

CSM posted:

Any intelligence leaking seems bad. Unless it's a double cross.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/06/us/politics/ukraine-war-plan-russia.html

quote:

Military analysts said the documents appear to have been modified in certain parts from their original format, overstating American estimates of Ukrainian war dead and understating estimates of Russian troops killed.

They even buffed up the leak lol. Unfortunately it does seem some amount of significant information was leaked if its genuine.