Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Cody Rhodes getting a brown down and the chicken gets a golden up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

Thanks for all the AEW spoilers in the WWE thread by the way.

Yep! Assholes

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

blunt posted:

gently caress I shoulda added the moustache

couldn't help myself

https://i.imgur.com/u6otAtg.mp4

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

That belongs in a museum

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Holy balls

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

finally caught up and all I can say is

“Lol”

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://puck.news/the-art-of-aris-wwe-deal/ The Endeavor deal was done late Saturday while everyone was around for Mania. It was close between them and Liberty Media (the owners of F1 racing)

quote:

The pair outlined their proposal during a meeting with WWE chairman Vince McMahon and C.E.O. Nick Khan at Raine Group offices, in New York, in mid-March, sources involved with the deal told me, and made a more emotional pitch one week later at WWE headquarters in Stamford. Still, they faced stiff competition from at least one rival bidder—John Malone’s Liberty Media, the owner of Formula One—until the very end, and it wasn’t until Saturday night that they signed the term sheet. As Shapiro described it, “it was nip and tuck all the way.”

By coincidence, the deal was finalized while Ari, McMahon and Khan were at Wrestlemania 39 in Los Angeles, the two-day, pay-per-view mega-event that effectively functions as the wrestling world’s Super Bowl. It provided a conveniently cinematic backdrop for the deal’s denouement: the image of Ari and Vince hashing out a deal in the SoFi Stadium executive suite was a made-for-HBO narrative too impossible for some to resist, even if the real particulars were really being handled by lawyers and bankers at the two firms’ offices. Shapiro, who was scheduled to attend Wrestlemania, stayed in New York to close the deal.

Finally, in the small hours of Monday morning, Ari, McMahon and Khan went to WME headquarters in Beverly Hills where they prepared for a morning of calls with analysts and reporters (McMahon did one, then went back to his hotel). Khan had a relatively easy story to tell: the deal is an undeniable victory for WWE, which was eager to find a buyer and has seen its stock rise about 10 percent since the deal was announced. (Endeavor’s stock has fallen by a similar amount.)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/06/1168348949/wwe-wrestlemania-auschwitz-dominik-mysterio

deej
May 29, 2003

hibjibbity
Why did the chicken cross the rhodes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

deej posted:

Why did the chicken cross the rhodes

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I keep seeing people say the entirety of Wrestlemania was bad as if it didn’t contain one of the best tag title matches of all time

most people here wanted Cody to lose so I just don’t get the negativity on the show. I enjoyed it much more than any mania since 30.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

I keep seeing people say the entirety of Wrestlemania was bad

haven't seen anyoen say this

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

everything was p bad except for rey whippin doms rear end and the Sheamus/Gunther/Drew big meaty men slapping meat match

edit: actually Cody v Roman was a drat good match just a bad ending

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wanting him to lose because it would be really really funny (and it was) doesn’t mean it also wouldn’t have been pretty cool if he won and got to do the thing he said he wanted to do, imo.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Most of it was v good but maybe I’m getting old and as I only watch the rumble and mania but has the entire duration of the broadcast always been one third adverts/commercials?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Seth Rollins entrance coat dragged the whole show up to thumbs up status

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

also Cody's massively self indulgent revolutionary war general entrance

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

one of the best tag title matches of all time

Lol, christ.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
The production was a lot more tolerable than the last time I paid attention too, in terms of the camerawork and commentary. But I’m guessing both will go back to being so terrible it makes the whole thing unwatchable again now Vince is backs

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MJeff posted:

Lol, christ.

i mean they gave steenerico the wwe tag titles thats better than whatever furnas/lafon match

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Eat My Fuc posted:

I keep seeing people say the entirety of Wrestlemania was bad as if it didn’t contain one of the best tag title matches of all time

most people here wanted Cody to lose so I just don’t get the negativity on the show. I enjoyed it much more than any mania since 30.

I don't think we actually wanted Cody to lose. We just embraced the ridiculousness of the possibility of it, because how else can you cope with WWE these days?
Just like how we're trying to make chicken soup out of the chicken poop that one of the worst human beings on this earth continuing to win at life for no good reason.

Also: The rubber chicken is actually Uncle Howdy getting involved in Wrestlemania one way or another.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

emf you may have seen my various posts bow wowing for the big dog but i was operating under the assumption at that time that they PROBABLY wouldnt do literally the dumbest and most cynical thing they could possibly do

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I assumed it because, while also being the funniest option, historically it's the safest bet to make regarding the company's booking

Bryan at Mania 30 was the outlier even at the time, let alone ever since

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Not only am I confident they will always make the most cynical decision I was rooting for this one because it would be more objectively funny than the usual

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Eh, generally in the past they would let the babyface win at Mania even if they didn't see them as the top guy. They would just cut the feet out from under them with bad post mania programs that made sure they didn't get over. Going with the heel winning really has been a post Mania 30 thing

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Eh, generally in the past they would let the babyface win at Mania even if they didn't see them as the top guy. They would just cut the feet out from under them with bad post mania programs that made sure they didn't get over. Going with the heel winning really has been a post Mania 30 thing

Gee I wonder wHHHo got mad at daniel bryan being more popular than evolution and decided to take it out on all of us

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
In retrospect, it is pretty funny that the Endeavor deal was signed after Night 1. The whole shift in tone and reception doesn't feel coincidental.

Answers Me posted:

The production was a lot more tolerable than the last time I paid attention too, in terms of the camerawork and commentary. But I’m guessing both will go back to being so terrible it makes the whole thing unwatchable again now Vince is backs

I also noticed that the camerawork/direction was reasonably competent throughout; there were a few egregious miscues and they only got into "Let's try to trigger the epileptics in the audience" quick cutting during big exchanges...and that, again, it seemed notably worse on Sunday. (Most egregious I could think of was switching cameras on every chop when Sheamus had Drew in the ropes - there was that great angle where the action was foregrounded in the bottom left corner and the stadium/fans took up the rest the screen; it gave a sense of the scale of the stadium and you could see the crowd cheering and counting along on each hit. It was a fantastic shot, so of course they cut to it and promptly away from it every 3 seconds.)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Please let the Endeavor brass start meddling once the KSA money stops and their TV deals get nerfed.
(Somehow neither will because we live in hellworld where Vince can only fail upwards)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

In retrospect, it is pretty funny that the Endeavor deal was signed after Night 1. The whole shift in tone and reception doesn't feel coincidental.

New cope: vince wanted ever so badly to put cody over but the villainous Ari Emanuel made him swear not to

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Night 1 was good and please don't diminish the incredible Shane McMahon return on Night 2

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

WrestleMania 40 is going to be in Philadelphia. That means that the Raw after needs to begin with Bruce Springsteen walking out to remind the crowd, "Well, they blew up the chicken man in Philly last night..."

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Instead of rubber chickens getting thrown, it's going to be batteries

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/triple-h-wwe-universe-announcement

quote:

Triple H to address WWE Universe on SmackDown

:rubby:

Chris James 2 posted:

This man saw how much HHH had been humiliated over the course of years and prayed to top it, and pulled it off

Trying his best to reclaim the throne

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013

"The WWE Universe...........is fine."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sending HHH out there like a hostage making videos saying everything is fine and they're treating the workers great

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A second congenital heart defect has felled HHH , moments before entering the ring.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

but its rubber chickens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeWEpY3ixxU&t=32s

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

it was so cool when that happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
HHH to announce Endeavor has bought Wembley stadium.