Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

ryde posted:

What did NPR do to piss off Musk? Surely it isn't just generic right-wing grievances again?
Nothing as far as I know so it is in fact stale right-wing grievances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If you look at what Elon hates about the woke mind virus, NPR has extremely caught the woke mind virus for reporting neutrally on minority social justice topics.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Data Graham posted:

So sick of people who think movies are real

all movies are documentaries and their events happen in real time

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Data Graham posted:

I chickened out after only a minute or two because I didn't trust the knot and didn't want to be the one responsible for a headline about an exercise ball landing on someone's head or car from 12 stories up

this was a good decision, op

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Data Graham posted:

Or at least I was going to, I chickened out after only a minute or two because I didn't trust the knot and didn't want to be the one responsible for a headline about an exercise ball landing on someone's head or car from 12 stories up

those kind of sensible decision making skills are not hardcore enough for twitter, clean out your desk!!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Hammerite posted:

did Old Twitter really oblige users with disabilities to use third party tools to access its services?

I mean I have no illusions about New Twitter but I would have expected the pre-Musk org to be on top of that.

Having accessibility options for your online service is obviously woke stuff for bleeding heart liberals. :elon:

Kale
May 14, 2010

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1643919957850304513?cxt=HHwWgsC97byfsNAtAAAA

Meanwhile Twitter's own policies, while no longer explicitly mentioning NPR, still state - "State-financed media organizations with editorial independence, like the BBC in the UK for example, are not defined as state-affiliated media for the purposes of this policy." A thing that NPR still very much is.

Don't even know why I'm pointing this out though, it's not like it's a gotcha. We all know he's doing it just because he's a far-right prick.

BBC is state media for the "correct" political idealogy so its different.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Remember that time a NPR station in Seattle offering a HD radio signal didn't include a filename extension for their show thumbnail image and it bricked a bunch of Mazda infotainment systems? Maybe given Tesla's sterling record of quality control Elmo shouldn't be picking a fight with these people.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Kale posted:

According to conservatives in the US (particularly back in the Iraq War time), the BBC is basically Pravda

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Kale posted:

What? Unlike pravda or rt, the government isnt telling them what they can or cannot report about or handing them propraganda pieces to uncritically publish.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/OmarRiverosays/status/1644005237257273346

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

quote:

BREAKING: Twitter CEO Elon Musk is hit with more bad news as the European Union announce that they are boycotting Musk’s Twitter Blue grift and WILL NOT pay Twitter to verify their hundreds of official European Union accounts.

In a dig at Musk, the European Union says that it is “monitoring for possible misuse or impersonations” of their institutions’ accounts.” Even worse for Musk, Irish privacy chief Helen Dixon is also warning Twitter that that the paid-verification program “could potentially go against the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).”

Please RT and smash the ❤️ to thank the European Union for setting Musk straight —- and consider joining my fast-growing, pro-democracy Twitter alternative
@TribelOfficial
. Tribel is currently verifying accounts for free — and isn’t owned by a petulant billionaire jerk!

long tweets are so poo poo

also:
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1644037161149165585

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
^^^ thank you kazil ^^^

the European Union says what??

also lol I'm surprised we haven't seen more advertising for twitter alternatives. good for the op

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 6, 2023

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

the strongest divorced guy energy of all time

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
He did it for the lulz

I believe you'll find that's a sufficiently dated and stale meme expression for elno mork

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt that the very building he's not paying rent on or is behind on rent because he planned to moved to Texas but came back to CA.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

PhazonLink posted:

isnt that the very building he's not paying rent on or is behind on rent because he planned to moved to Texas but came back to CA.

No, you're thinking of the Twitter HQ, this is clearly T itter.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

PhazonLink posted:

IIRC that was another building that twitter was subletting. Pretty sure it's empty.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Welcome to Elon's Totally Awexome Website. Be sure to sign the guestbook and HATERS PRESS ALT-F4!!!!!!!!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Haven’t seen much else about it but this guy now has a Twitter coins option on his browser, there’s a bunch of strings for it in the code now too:

https://twitter.com/_FireMonkey/status/1644044860641407006?s=20

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Extra Large Marge posted:

Welcome to Elon's Totally Awexome Website. Be sure to sign the guestbook and HATERS PRESS ALT-F4!!!!!!!!

L337 liek el0n M

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

Extra Large Marge posted:

This website does not run on M$ Internet Exploder!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Nutscrape

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

PhazonLink posted:

living rent free? yes

moving back from texas? that's tesla engineering

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

My Spirit Otter posted:

What? Unlike pravda or rt, the government isnt telling them what they can or cannot report about or handing them propraganda pieces to uncritically publish.

Yeah, the BBC uncritically publishes state propaganda of its own volition. We're talking about the difference between the Beeb and NPR, not the Beeb and RT et al.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Data Graham posted:

So sick of people who think movies are real

super troopers is copaganda but also true.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

snergle posted:

super troopers is copaganda but also true.

It is a good movie that teaches us that not all cops are corrupt, some are stupid and lazy too.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

My favorite thing about this whole thing is how the World's (Formerly?) Richest Man has displayed such a fundamental ignorance of how a business he spent billions to purchase operates. Thinking that using Twitter is the product he has to sell in order to be successful AND that 'Free Speech Twitter' is a product that hundreds of millions of people want to pay to use shows such a shocking lack of understanding of what social media is, I'm taken a little taken aback at how loving stupid our boy Elon is.

It makes me wonder if being rich may not be directly tied to merit and ability after all. Hmmmmm.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He could've just started a bbs for a few monthly server bucks, hire a code monkey to make him funny emojis and then spam the link on twitter so the sycophants and the handful of hateful fucks he idolizes would've joined. Lot cheaper than 44 billion.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Elmo's really gonna do the "link crypto to Tweets" poo poo :lol:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

davidspackage posted:

He could've just started a bbs for a few monthly server bucks, hire a code monkey to make him funny emojis and then spam the link on twitter so the sycophants and the handful of hateful fucks he idolizes would've joined. Lot cheaper than 44 billion.

forty-four billion dollars, to bbe a moderator

as someone who did it for free once or twice ages ago, I will go to my grave loling and lmfaoing at this

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Remember it was even stupider than that. He was just making his stupid "jokes" except he did it in a way that was enforceable and then spent almost a full year burning cash to back out of his joke meme amount buy.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

My Spirit Otter posted:

Only because they get the same results without needing to. The BBC has a revolving door into Conservative Party HQ

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Oooooh “TITter”! Now I get it. Because it sounds like “tit” which is the breast of a female according to Google (or a small bird)! Well memed indeed, sir Musk

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Titter can also mean to laugh but we all know he thinks it's funny booby stuff.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Fabulousity posted:

Remember that time a NPR station in Seattle offering a HD radio signal didn't include a filename extension for their show thumbnail image and it bricked a bunch of Mazda infotainment systems? Maybe given Tesla's sterling record of quality control Elmo shouldn't be picking a fight with these people.

Poor Mazda, I remember the 99% invisible podcast messed up Mazdas too because of the % sign in the podcast name

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Kale posted:

Don't tell him about the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation which does get federal funding and has a blanket policy on not allowing commenting on anything even remotely about indigenous people because it would take like a whole department to moderate the posts.

Free speech silenced everywhere these days.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
The Associated Press? More like the rear end Poop. :elon:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

The Butcher posted:

The Associated Press? More like the rear end Poop. :elon:

Looking into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Does South Africa had a news org? They should constantly be saying Musk is one of their worst sons.

Also you think Musk even cares about his birth country? Or is he a social climbing fucker that cosplays as a US American or Canadian ?