Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1644038785494052879
Vince is gonna send Papa H out there until he afibs on camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sigma posted:

Cody, get out here. We're doing the lashes thing again it'll be cool it'll be lore cmon

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

every show for the foreseeable future should start with a 15 minute speech with hhh thanking the fans and saying that wwe isn't going anywhere

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i hope hhh is going out there to tell the audience to stop being a bunch of whiny children and to shut the gently caress up

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

every show for the foreseeable future should start with a 15 minute speech with hhh thanking the fans and saying that wwe isn't going anywhere

Even after his next heart attack, Vince just has a picture of Triple H on a monitor assure the audience via the Conan O'Brien lips gag.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
My prediction: HHH announces that the ending to WM due to a run-in was considered in bad taste and that a rematch between Roman vs Cody with Bloodline/Paul banned from ringside. Cody wins then gets beat up by Brock again and demands a title match. He gets it and Brock wins.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sigma posted:

Just book him against Ziggler

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

The best worst storyline they could do is trying to make the Triple H losing booking again to Vince a kayfabe story as well so I hope they do that.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

projecthalaxy posted:

New cope: vince wanted ever so badly to put cody over but the villainous Ari Emanuel made him swear not to

I don't think the booking was changed. It just felt like a different show than the night before.

(Anyhow my cope is "Cody loves this, actually, he begged HHH and Vince to make him look like a bitch baby. He planted the chicken with a fan weeks ago, he knew it would get over.")

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Reassurance gradually shifting into a threat.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i bet the "plan" right now is to do something to make hhh look good again like booking a good match, but by 7:58pm tomorrow vince will have rewritten it enough times to be hhh doing the same exact promo from monday

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

can someone who knows photoshop give puppet vince a mustache

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Just book him against Ziggler

I let out a loud ugly laugh at this.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
I'm kinda imagining that the reason that HHH has to do the same promo over again is because of Fox. Fox wants to think that there's people who are only Smackdown viewers, and so you gotta also give the nothing's changing speech on Smackdown or else you'll have a chunk of their audience still concerned about all the sale news.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Codependent Poster posted:

Sending HHH out there like a hostage making videos saying everything is fine and they're treating the workers great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a7ExWd698w

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

lol I live in Portland and wouldn’t know SD would be in town without this thread

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The new WWE owners

“Anything from H.R. to finance to legal to communications production to distribution and marketing,” Shapiro said. “Across every area, you’re going to find cost synergies; you’re going to integrate and ultimately highlight and appoint the best and brightest teams.”

“There’s no question that when Nick (Khan) goes in to renew his domestic deals, having us at the table, with our relationships and our portfolio of assets, will be helpful in the process," said Shapiro.

Cost synergies.

ITS CUT DAY SOON.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It’s not entirely unlikely Reigns could be let go. Cody also could be gone this year, Bray is probably absolutely done.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s not entirely unlikely Reigns could be let go. Cody also could be gone this year, Bray is probably absolutely done.

Lol if they decide to boot Reigns a while after giving him a god push because LINE MUST GO UP!!!

But would Tony take back Cody? Does he even want to go back?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lol what?? Cuts are going to be office-focused, not talent.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Endeavor won't be shy about letting people go. They let their Heavyweight Champion walk.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Dango Bango posted:

quote this post in the summer when there's 30 new people debuting for AEW and Impact

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Pylons posted:

Endeavor won't be shy about letting people go. They let the Heavyweight Champion walk.

Fixed for the facts. Justice for Ngannou.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pylons posted:

Endeavor won't be shy about letting people go. They let their Heavyweight Champion walk.

That goes back to my original question that got lost in the memes:

Dango Bango posted:

So if they're merging to form a new company and it's not an actual sale/asset purchase, doesn't that mean all contracts would have to be renegotiated under the new name? (Unless there's language in the contracts that it automatically transfers...)

If that's the case, I can totally see a talent exodus.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If they can cut Drew before May 26th, that'd be grreeeeaaaaat.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
Aren't UFC contracts ridiculously low? Could that affect wwe contract offers going forward?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Dango Bango posted:

I'd expect both, honestly.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

“The following superstars are gay…”

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Quid posted:

Aren't UFC contracts ridiculously low? Could that affect wwe contract offers going forward?
maybe but UFC fighters don't have to fight every week

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

can we plz have blood back at least ari

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

it's just a matter of whether its tomorrow or next Friday but there's absolutely gonna be a talent-cutting bloodbath

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

maybe but UFC fighters don't have to fight every week

I hadn't considered that. Good point.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I think it'd be pretty funny if this merger leads to the ultimate out of touch boss falling for "The brand is the star" that WWE have been trying to convince themselves of and almost everyone on the roster gets cut except for 2-3 big names and the rest are a bunch of NXT nobodies and opening card wrestlers

I think the new boss is smarter than that but it's still funny to think that we could see Roman Reigns vs Odyssey Jones because everyone else got cut

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Even if you don't believe the merger itself is going to cause a bunch of cuts, Vince was already in super cut mode before he resigned and showed no signs of slowing down.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

look at that mustache and tell me its not going to be Cutamania to both office and roster

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Isn’t the most obvious outcome of the Endeavour deal that the main roster becomes more like current NXT? Seems almost certain that many people who have been there awhile will be gone and if necessary replaced by cheaper and less talented folks.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cuts are gonna happen yeah. It will also be pretty telling if HHH's people are protected this time or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

duckdealer posted:

Isn’t the most obvious outcome of the Endeavour deal that the main roster becomes more like current NXT? Seems almost certain that many people who have been there awhile will be gone and if necessary replaced by cheaper and less talented folks.

Yeah the future is probably less than a dozen names like Roman Reigns and then an endless supply of NILs like Tank Ledger they can pay 5 figures for 3 years until their knees are dust