Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Call off the Derby, Eagles dont even have a bench any more. Bloody crazy. The fact they're somewhat sticking with Freo is shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Frederick is like the FIFA player you get when you spend real money on the game

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

Thanks for letting us finish the round on top, Melbourne :buddy:

Yaaaay :unsmith:

You Am I posted:

Football bad

Mmmmmm nah

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

7 injuries, gently caress me honestly

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

quote:

The 89-year-old Roberts was resigned to the fact that he may be unable to make it down from the Hall of Fame function to the MCG's hallowed turf for the reunion of St Kilda's past legends pre-game.
"I'm not getting down to the green stuff," he said.

Plugger wasn't having any of it. "Yes, you are."

Without a second thought or time for protest, Lockett wrapped his arms around the 1958 Brownlow medallist and walked with him every step of the way – from the Olympic Room, through the bowels of the MCG and up the race – onto the ground for the pair to take part in the pre-game ceremony.

https://twitter.com/stkildafc/status/1643444044478169088

:unsmith:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
What is Brisbane?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

March premiers come and gone

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

monolithburger posted:

What is Brisbane?

Good at home

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Brisbane lucky to get away with that. You get the feeling that Collingwood were never out of it, even when Brisbane kicked 10 unanswered goals

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Decent good Friday game being taken over by horrific umpiring. That 50 against Ziebell was inexcusably bad.

Two of Curnow's goals have been soft a gently caress frees.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

I made these last year for the Rock Bottom facebook group, but I figured I might as well post them here now.

I'll be the first to admit that I was running out of ideas by the time I got to the dogs. It was either Akira or Edna Krabappel.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I reckon Norf would be Gil Gunderson

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

snaeksikn posted:

I reckon Norf would be Gil Gunderson

Gil is the Tasmanian AFL bid

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
undefeated after round 4...

last time we did that we won a flag

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

drunkill posted:

more and more people are remembering it

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

drunkill posted:

Youve got an odd concept of the word "undefeated" whilst missing those 2 premiership points son.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Haven't lost and top of the ladder (if the Sun's win)

I'll take it.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
There's going to be 32 Irish AFLW players this season, incredible stuff
https://twitter.com/AllIrishSport/status/1644070021772070925?t=GfndGgtZ01vErPInjFm2wg&s=19

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Is anyone over 50% tipping at this point? It's been loving impossible

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drunkill posted:

Haven't lost and top of the ladder (if the Sun's win)

I'll take it.

Load-bearing “if” there, buddy. :colbert:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Paracausal posted:

https://twitter.com/AllIrishSport/status/1644070021772070925?t=GfndGgtZ01vErPInjFm2wg&s=19

Pretty cool the Dees picked up another Mackin imo

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

a game of turnovers

e: reckon the crows are building into a much better team now, they have bursts of really good play

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 8, 2023

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Jordan Dawson, still the most overlooked defender in the league

17 Touches (9 Contested), 100% Efficiency, 3 Inside 50s, 4 Intercepts in one half

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 8, 2023

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Freo are hot garbage. They should try and trade Fyfe at the end of the year to someone silly enough to take his contract.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Diet Crack posted:

17 Touches (9 Contested), 100% Efficiency, 3 Inside 50s, 4 Intercepts in one half

He spent most of today playing in the midfield. Had a superb game, best on easily.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Somebody turned the shower on over the MCG :staredog:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Diet Crack posted:

He ended up with 27 (13 contested) at 96% DE, 5 rebound 50s, 5 inside 50s, 6 intercepts, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 598m gained, and a cheeky goal from outside 50

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

It absolutely fuckin sucks that someone should be stopped from doing what they love and have spent their life working towards but the AFL really can't let Paddy McCartin go on. Innocuous gentle head contact with the ground and he's annihilated. Sickening stuff.

It's too late to compensate after they've stopped playing, got to be some sort of mechanisms in place to look after players financially to save them from themselves.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

masterpine posted:

It absolutely fuckin sucks that someone should be stopped from doing what they love and have spent their life working towards but the AFL really can't let Paddy McCartin go on. Innocuous gentle head contact with the ground and he's annihilated. Sickening stuff.

It's too late to compensate after they've stopped playing, got to be some sort of mechanisms in place to look after players financially to save them from themselves.

I initially thought he did his shoulder, but a he should not be playing any contact sport if that incident triggered a concussion :smith:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Jesus, that was such light contact :smith:

Also, Saints look like they're on holiday tonight.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Yeah McCartin should be forcibly retired, what's that like 10 concussions now?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
From 2019:

quote:

“I can’t do stuff - I can’t go to the supermarket when it’s busy or go to a cafe with my girlfriend, or drive my car.

“There’s no real time frames on it, so I could be better next week, in a year, six months, I don’t know.”

McCartin’s most recent concussion, which he suffered against the Western Bulldogs during the JLT Community Series, has left him battling light sensitivity, “really bad” headaches which then cause sleep deprivation, dizzy spells and bouts of depression.

The real concern isn’t just that McCartin is battling those issues, but that they aren’t going away like they have after previous concussions.

“I’m a shell of a person that I was, really. I’m completely different,” he said.

“It’s gone from one day when I was playing, to within 10 seconds being different. I just can’t do basic things.

“I have real light sensitivity, and I get really bad headaches. They’re common symptoms with concussion but generally they wear off by now, so it’s lasting a bit longer than usual.

“I’m on a bit of medication (melatonin) because I’ve found it difficult to sleep ... because of the headaches. I’d wake up in a pool of sweat most nights.”

Please just retire, Paddy :/

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
His excellent season last year is probably the worst thing to happen to him - he knows he can be an elite footballer and played brilliant footy. Might make it even harder to give it up.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Mullet Man strikes again. This is great for the Saints tonight, but its a long year.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Choice can't really be in the athletes hands, AFL have done the right thing before in the case of Daniel Venables and it's always struck me as bizarre that the same call wasn't made with Paddy. There's a couple of interviews with Venables that are heart-breaking; first one discussing three years of insomnia, migraines and depression a few weeks before he was ruled out by AFL medical. He's listing off the debilitating effects of all this while still desperate to come back and play footy. Young footballers aren't going to retire themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNAxcCUsvD0

There's another one by AFL360 from after he was ruled out too, both really worth a watch. Venables was on track to be a proper superstar of the game IMO, was fuckin sitting in the crowd 15m away from where his career ended and can still remember the sound of the hit :smith: .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA2CoI2pTyw

The AFL have the mechanisms to do better and have done in the past. Paddy's journey has always felt tragic and a bit sick.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
gently caress Mitch Owens rules. 15 contested possies so far.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Paracausal posted:

Fuckin micks coming over and taking our jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Of all the dumb things, giving the don't argue to a Saints forward in the goal square, well done Suns, free goal.