Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Psycho Landlord posted:

also had the weird meltdown about the webcomic characters they had convinced themselves were gay not actually being gay

that one is chibisoma who is one of those people who seems to haunt every corner of the internet and is loathed everywhere they go lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
*chuckles* sounds like they should be called chibisomad

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

fun hater posted:

that one is chibisoma who is one of those people who seems to haunt every corner of the internet and is loathed everywhere they go lol

My favourite thing about that meltdown is that one of the characters in question was gay, just not with the character he wanted her to be gay with.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
was this someone getting mad about gunnerkrigg court

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

*chuckles* sounds like they should be called chibisomad

lol

Leraika posted:

[sadly] yes.......

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Leraika posted:

yeah that's the one

Also I worry for Mr.bibs as he has not posted in years now. I am afraid a hot dog finally got him.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Psycho Landlord posted:

yeah that's the one

Also I worry for Mr.bibs as he has not posted in years now. I am afraid a hot dog finally got him.

be pretty epic if it was one of Doobie’s dogs. Talk about a crossover!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

SirSamVimes posted:

My favourite thing about that meltdown is that one of the characters in question was gay, just not with the character he wanted her to be gay with.

IIRC, the meltdown over a character not being gay was because she... had a positive interaction with a male character.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Ammat The Ankh posted:

a positive interaction with a male character.

well there goes my disbelief

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

It's amazing that the hot dog situation ended up being the least funny thing about MisterBibs

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

IIRC, the meltdown over a character not being gay was because she... had a positive interaction with a male character.

He was losing his mind because he wanted protagonist and deuteragonist of Gunnerkrigg Court to date, yes. They're teen girls. It was in the middle of a chapter where the main girl was pretending to be interested in a boy so she could shoot him down and hurt his feelings. (It did not hurt his feelings at all.)

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh good, generic teen romance spotted. Interest shooting through the floor.

Jack is the least interesting male in anything since Sailor Moon. :v:

Then the comic's author showed up

Tea-san posted:

ChibiSoma posted:

Oh good, generic teen romance spotted. Interest shooting through the floor.

Jack is the least interesting male in anything since Sailor Moon. :v:

Hey man, you missed a few words out of your post. Here, I'll post the comments you Tweeted at me:

Chibisoma posted:

Well, Gunnerkrigg Court's decided to sink ships and hook Annie up with Jack, it seems. Interest completely hit rock bottom. Thanks, Tom!
Oh good, generic straight romance #2,405,120. Yawn. No Kat/Annie End, no reading. Jack's the least interesting male since Chiba Mamoru.
And to Tom: gently caress you for not taking a god drat chance, you cowardly loving bitch. "Nope. Everyone has to be straight!" gently caress you.
Remember the lesson GCC teaches us: Be straight, otherwise your peers won't like you. #GunnerkriggCourt #fuckingasshole #badendconfirmed
Now I definitely need to get to work on writing a guide because otherwise the urge to strange that cowardly little prick won't go away.
Yeah, can't do it. Hey @gunnerkrigg - good job sinking ships and ruining the comic, you weak god drat writer.
@gunnerkrigg Can't have the main characters be bi/gay, right? That's for the two designated 'weirdo' characters, huh? gently caress you, you prick.
@gunnerkrigg No, really, it's nice of you to have a 'please stop reading now' arc. Real considerate of you.
@gunnerkrigg - proving that making a bi/gay character the lead isn't worth the trouble. You're really breakin' down barriers there, Tom.
Hey kids: If you're gay, you should be off where you can't be seen. You must be straight. Remember the lessons that @gunnerkrigg taught us.
loving makes me sick. Great, one more generic straight romance with a bland male lead. Good job @gunnerkrigg you loving coward.
Need to go watch @GeorgeTakei say/do things to calm down. Stupid anti-gay bullshit ruining my morning. Off to Youtube I go...

And here's part of the stuff you said on my forum:

Chibisoma posted:

Really. I'm going to start magically liking Jack and the fact that Tom's ensured we won't get anything resembling a Kat/Annie end?

Great, one more boring-rear end straight romance. Tons of potential lost and for what? Because Tom didn't feel like taking any chances. That's for the two designated 'weird' kids in the comic, huh? Can't have the main characters interested in each other, despite all the little hints (and sometimes not so little ones) dropped all over the place. Must make them straight, boring, and ensure they wind up with the worst characters in the comic.

Yeah, tell me what there is to look forward to with this couple, hoss. You seem to be all for it. Jack's the most boring lead in any romance since Chiba Mamoru from Sailormoon. ::) There's not a single interesting (or redeeming) thing about him and yet it's looking increasingly like Annie's going to end up with him.

Because straight people, that's why. God forbid GCC take a chance with anything. Nope, must conform to the status quo and leave that gay poo poo to the weirdo characters, right?

Yeah, no. gently caress you and gently caress Tom. I guess it's nice he made a 'please stop reading my webcomic, it's becoming like any other teen romance strip' arc though. Real considerate-like. Always good to see straightforward, boring fuckin' romance blooming. And at the end, they'll have a kid, Annie'll die, and Kat'll be there to talk about the kid's adventures in the school or some other stereotypically generic thing. Because the kids must be like the parents, always and forever.

Thanks for your interest!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
screaming internally at this but also lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
Need to go watch @GeorgeTakei say/do things to calm down

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Note that Chibisoma was not struck down by webcomics mods, fighting game mods, WoW mods, etc. His death was self-inflicted: he toxxed that Monster Hunter XX would not see a Western release.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I feel like that’s actually a lot of external screaming about this but also lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Nuns with Guns posted:

He was losing his mind because he wanted protagonist and deuteragonist of Gunnerkrigg Court to date, yes. They're teen girls. It was in the middle of a chapter where the main girl was pretending to be interested in a boy so she could shoot him down and hurt his feelings. (It did not hurt his feelings at all.)

:stare:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Note that Chibisoma was not struck down by webcomics mods, fighting game mods, WoW mods, etc. His death was self-inflicted: he toxxed that Monster Hunter XX would not see a Western release.

foolishness

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

Need to go watch @GeorgeTakei say/do things to calm down

I can't believe I had forgotten this part of the post becuase it's my favorite

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

also, I think he was the speedrunner who destroyed his own career by cheating at Paper Mario

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don’t understand any of this but lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

also, I think he was the speedrunner who destroyed his own career by cheating at Paper Mario

even if this is not true i will now believe that chibisoma was cringe tomba couch guy and cringe paper mario speedrunning cheating guy

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I would like to hear more about this if you have more details, because it also sounds hilarious.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Please elaborate

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Going back to history chat, I remember an exchange from years ago that went something like this:

Poster A: "Canada sucks because they've treated First Nations people like garbage pretty much from the beginning."
Poster B: "Hey, that's my country you're talking about, who the gently caress do you think you are?"
Poster A: "I'm Cree."
Poster B: "Oh, uh, let's all be friendly, alright?"

Don't know that I've seen such a quick backpedal on these forums, before or since

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

skeleton warrior posted:

I would like to hear more about this if you have more details, because it also sounds hilarious.

it's this stuff

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/35h0gj/our_boi_chibisrl_caught_cheating_with_action/

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
performance enhancing gameshark

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

even if this is not true i will now believe that chibisoma was cringe tomba couch guy and cringe paper mario speedrunning cheating guy

i feel like it has to be the same guy. Like he was posting in our own speedrun thread lol:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3429276&userid=134438

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

To quote famous twitter account FascistsofSomethingAwful, I'm going to believe it's true because it's funnier

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Paper Tiger posted:

Going back to history chat, I remember an exchange from years ago that went something like this:

Poster A: "Canada sucks because they've treated First Nations people like garbage pretty much from the beginning."
Poster B: "Hey, that's my country you're talking about, who the gently caress do you think you are?"
Poster A: "I'm Cree."
Poster B: "Oh, uh, let's all be friendly, alright?"

Don't know that I've seen such a quick backpedal on these forums, before or since

Here’s the thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3825291&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they were quoting me which means you are quoting me which makes it true

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

PERMABAN 07/13/21 08:40pm Do it ironically What the gently caress is wrong with you? Posters advocating for the killing of animals, especially pets, are not welcome here. Do not return to SomethingAwful, you vile piece of poo poo. Pragmatica Pragmatica

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"Yelling at a webcomic artist about your ship not being canon so hard that he shows up in the SA thread to dump your PMs" and "tanking your Twitch speedrunning career by obviously cheating at Paper Mario" together are an impressive loser resume even by goon standards, although I feel like it needs a fetish roleplaying account to really hit the trifecta

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

PERMABAN 07/13/21 08:40pm Do it ironically What the gently caress is wrong with you? Posters advocating for the killing of animals, especially pets, are not welcome here. Do not return to SomethingAwful, you vile piece of poo poo. Pragmatica Pragmatica

Lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
SA harbors a lot of pet murderers

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

"Yelling at a webcomic artist about your ship not being canon so hard that he shows up in the SA thread to dump your PMs" and "tanking your Twitch speedrunning career by obviously cheating at Paper Mario" together are an impressive loser resume even by goon standards, although I feel like it needs a fetish roleplaying account to really hit the trifecta

An even more impressive trifecta than managing to get permanent bans from TVtropes, gamefaqs, and reddit all on the same username for wildly different reasons.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Hello :grin:

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

It's so good, such a thorough own

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

<in a Cool Zone voice> sounds like those cats hosed around and found out

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

lol. it's always funny when libs learn what "nations" in "First Nations" means

quote:

lmao you might be the first person who has been from another country and told me they didn't think canada was a good place to live, can I ask you what country you are from that is a lot better?

quote:

I'm Cree.

quote:

I would kindly ask that we don't politicize this thread it's a celebration about Canada's 150th birthday, I would be more than happy to discuss my country's flaws and aggressions in another thread, tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao