Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Roman, Omos, Brock, Tank Ledger, Riddle, Mustafa Ali in an endless Elimination Chamber loop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I hope Tank Ledger joins Gunther/Sheamus/Drew in leaving WWE to start Big Meaty Men Slapping Meat Championship Wrestling (BMMSMCW)

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Codependent Poster posted:

Cuts are gonna happen yeah. It will also be pretty telling if HHH's people are protected this time or not.
Joe lucked out and didn't take the bait to go back and get cut a third time sadly

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

super macho dude posted:

Roman, Omos, Brock, Tank Ledger, Riddle, Mustafa Ali in an endless Elimination Chamber loop

Ricochet remains in catering, just happy to be there

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Rarity posted:

Ricochet remains in catering, just happy to be there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUE0PPQI3is

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Murdoink/status/1643768306245988353?s=20

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I hope Paul got his boys guaranteed money. Even if I don't like Paul's boys screw WWE saving inconsequential amounts of money at their expense. And screw stockholders for falling for it quite frankly.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Dango Bango posted:

lol what?? Cuts are going to be office-focused, not talent.

lol, good one

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

If there's chicken references from the crowd on Monday I'm sticking a fork in Cody, he done.

This might be too funny to go away.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Cody leaving the company he helped created because some fans were being mean to him only to go to WWE, lose the most important match of his career, and get turned into a rubber chicken meme where the fans start being mean to him in a whole other company is just unbelievable. We really are living in a simulation

bartok
May 10, 2006

If they want to kill the chicken thing just have Michael Cole talk about how it's taking the WWE Universe by storm.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

bartok posted:

If they want to kill the chicken thing just have Michael Cole talk about how it's taking the WWE Universe by storm.
No, I think it's just going to make it even funnier to me. The rubber chicken is going to be cody's polka dots except 10x worse

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I could see nxt being transformed due to this. I doubt it gets eliminated altogether though. Wrestlenomics estimates their tv deal is $30 million, and there’s no way that covers the costs of a live tv show, the PC and all the talent. There’s no other significant source of income for the brand either. I expect it will be probably lean into the reality show aspects and become some sort of hybrid of Tough Enough and nxt season 1 with a small roster that changes every 6-12 months.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

What if fans start showing up to the shows with rubber chickens to wave at him?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Davros1 posted:

What if fans start showing up to the shows with rubber chickens to wave at him?

Anyone here going to Raw who can afford to buy a couple hundred rubber chickens? Could help change the course of wrestling history!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You'll all regret your jokes when Cody finally dethrones Roman in a Rubber-Chicken-On-A-Pole match

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Like ECW with the fans throwing chairs into the ring but it's rubber chickens.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

bartok posted:

Cody gets the chicken tattooed on neck

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Tampa Bae posted:

Cody leaving the company he helped created because some fans were being mean to him only to go to WWE, lose the most important match of his career, and get turned into a rubber chicken meme where the fans start being mean to him in a whole other company is just unbelievable. We really are living in a simulation

Almost everyone in here was crowing about how it was only a matter of time for them to humiliate him. In hindsight I should have not believed the hype that they were passing on Sami to give the title to Cody. After all he was one of AEW’s biggest stars and you can’t trust Vince when it comes to people he views as competitors, even if he owns them. They make him look like a dork at WM and then a complete geek talking himself down from a rematch to a tag match, then a total loser getting beat for ten minutes. Vince doesn’t lose.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/nhathaniel_h/status/1644087857898766340

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

why did someone even bring a rubber chicken lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Long-term storytelling

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Long-term storytelling

Oh right, lmao forgot about that tweet

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Remember those Halcyon days of "the weekend" where thinkpieces were written "lets see how it plays out" that Cody losing wouldn't hurt him and he needed adversity to overcome for The Greater Story and then Brock rubbed him into a fine paste and now hes the rubber chicken loser.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

To throw at Roman when he lost.

At least someone tweeted claiming they threw it and actually were aiming for Roman.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Does Vince have all the power still or did some shmuck CEO get the reigns?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Sometimes you never know. Like, we never knew how essential a slide whistle was to a UFC watch party until we tried it.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Invalid Validation posted:

Does Vince have all the power still or did some shmuck CEO get the reigns?

Ari Gold from Entourage is the big boss now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/tkiwf1w.mp4

my vision for this was to sync the chicken noises to the song but it was too much effort

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I doubt they're gonna cut any big names but I suspect all of the recent rehires like the Good Brother, Jonah/Bronson Reed, Bray, will all end up getting cut soon. Maybe they'll cut Nakamura of the big names still around since they aren't using him

Where things will get interesting is contract renewal time as UFC hates giving people raises and I can see WWE low balling or even just not offering raises or even lower money for talent to stay. Like I 100% think they're gonna low ball Bailey and let her walk

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Meltzer’s impression was questions of roster budget and what talent wwe values or cuts or such will just be 100% up to Vince so I don’t think the history of ufc or endeavor will mean much for wwe talent.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I doubt they're gonna cut any big names but I suspect all of the recent rehires like the Good Brother, Jonah/Bronson Reed, Bray, will all end up getting cut soon. Maybe they'll cut Nakamura of the big names still around since they aren't using him

Where things will get interesting is contract renewal time as UFC hates giving people raises and I can see WWE low balling or even just not offering raises or even lower money for talent to stay. Like I 100% think they're gonna low ball Bailey and let her walk

Just got excited about the idea of Nakamura at FD2

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Dacap posted:

Just got excited about the idea of Nakamura at FD2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctS_PUU-ab0

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
just remembered that heyman said brandi would leave cody for him when cody eventually lost at wrestlemania

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I feel like we've glossed over Liberty Media almost buying WWE.

As in, the current owner of the Atlanta Braves almost buying WWE.

....I mean, I think it's funny at least

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

This is inspired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

lol i saw roman at first but missed the chicken