Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Attention Everyone - the hottest Wrestling promotion in town is on in 15 minutes
https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

Thursday Night RAM!

and it has a hell of a card this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Goddamn I'm surprised he didn't snap his neck backpedaling that hard

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

<in a Cool Zone voice> sounds like those cats hosed around and found out

black bloc antifa dogbricker

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Antivehicular posted:

"Yelling at a webcomic artist about your ship not being canon so hard that he shows up in the SA thread to dump your PMs" and "tanking your Twitch speedrunning career by obviously cheating at Paper Mario" together are an impressive loser resume even by goon standards, although I feel like it needs a fetish roleplaying account to really hit the trifecta

I feel like “cheating at a game to speed run it in a way that means you’re still two hours away from the record” is just pathetic enough on its own to stand out

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

tak posted:

lol. it's always funny when libs learn what "nations" in "First Nations" means

this is incredible lmao

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

skeleton warrior posted:

I feel like “cheating at a game to speed run it in a way that means you’re still two hours away from the record” is just pathetic enough on its own to stand out

Yeah, I should have mentioned that part! Also, hyping it up on Twitter as "world record attempts" when you're two hours off WR and the cheat you're attempting will save like ten minutes, and all the hype will fill the chat with people who will recognize your obvious cheat. It's just... a majestic series of bad choices.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The only thing funnier than cheating when you're already winning is cheating and still coming last.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

That Little Demon posted:

Attention Everyone - the hottest Wrestling promotion in town is on in 15 minutes
https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

Thursday Night RAM!

and it has a hell of a card this week

izwf ftw

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

tak posted:

lol. it's always funny when libs learn what "nations" in "First Nations" means

jfc this is incredible

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Leraika posted:

screaming internally at this but also lol

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Chibi also reportedly took out an $8000 loan for the Yooka-Laylee kickstarter so he could voice a character, and presented it as landing a VA gig.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

fool of sound posted:

Chibi also reportedly took out an $8000 loan for the Yooka-Laylee kickstarter so he could voice a character, and presented it as landing a VA gig.

What character?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

fool of sound posted:

unspeakably powerful

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
can spend 8000 dollars to voice a character that talks in stupid grunts and gibberish but cant buy a new controller smh

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

can spend 8000 dollars to voice a character that talks in stupid grunts and gibberish but cant buy a new controller smh

teach a man to game and hell only game for a day. but, put a man in a game and hell game for a lifetime

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

But also won't take a free controller that the devs offered to send to him for ??? reasons

rox
Sep 7, 2016

lol @ everything

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Some motherfuckers just always gotta try to ice-skate uphill.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

fool of sound posted:

That's some outside-the-box thinking!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

oh its that guy who complained his 20 year old controller didnt work for some game??

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kild posted:

oh its that guy who complained his 20 year old controller didnt work for some game??

Yeah he said Bastion was a lovely game because it didnt support some Logitec gamepad from the 90s and i think literally Greg Kasavin himself offered to send him a free xbox 360 controller but he obstinately refused it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Clearly he spent all his controller money on the kickstarter.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
sounds like that guy was out of control

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
sounds like a right wacky fella :xd:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

My favourite thing about that meltdown is that one of the characters in question was gay, just not with the character he wanted her to be gay with.

waiiiiiit are we talking about the gunnerkrieg court thing?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

fool of sound posted:

Lmao.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Of all my posts that could be made into a thread title, lmao

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Alaois posted:

Yeah he said Bastion was a lovely game because it didnt support some Logitec gamepad from the 90s and i think literally Greg Kasavin himself offered to send him a free xbox 360 controller but he obstinately refused it

I thought that was Bibs. Perhaps today I learn that I've thought Chibisoma and Bibs were the same person this whole time

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

HopperUK posted:

I thought that was Bibs. Perhaps today I learn that I've thought Chibisoma and Bibs were the same person this whole time

They probably get confused about it too to be fair

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

oh my god lmao

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

that Canada Day exchange owns

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

HopperUK posted:

Chibisoma was mad about his controller and had a twitter meltdown at the Bastion developers about it. MrBibs had other video game fights with developers, like arguing with RopeKid in the Fallout New Vegas thread. Plus the time Jack from Red Letter Media told him on stream "MrBibs you are completely wrong."

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I love the absolute lack of any sort of acknowledgement between "oh am I ready to poo poo on whatever your native country is and how it doesn't measure up to glorious Canada" and "hey let's not get political, chill vibes only." Just sheer unfiltered posting cowardice.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mr bibs is so stupid that he got called stupid by the rlm guys live on stream

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Nuns with Guns posted:

Chibisoma was mad about his controller and had a twitter meltdown at the Bastion developers about it. MrBibs had other video game fights with developers, like arguing with RopeKid in the Fallout New Vegas thread. Plus the time Jack from Red Letter Media told him on stream "MrBibs you are completely wrong."

The exact quote was "Misterbibs, you are horribly incorrect."

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Neddy Seagoon posted:

All you need to know about Mister Bibs is he was called out as being an idiot by Red Letter Media;

And the origin of it from an RLM stream on Star Wars: The Force Awakens;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71RJJ0umdjQ&t=3715s
Should start at the right spot.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
games rules because in every thread there is one person freaking out because they dont understand how video games work and that makes the video game poorly designed

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
I played the new Mario Party game last night.

For some context, I'm trying to get :smug: ~*~my wife~*~ :smug: into video games so I thought this could be a good game for that. I've never played it but I know people who have and they recommended it as an obvious choice for a lighthearted party kind of thing. We set it up so it was her and me against two CPU players set on Easy just to mess around. Started playing on Yoshi's island or whatever the level is called.

We were having a great time right up until the very end of the game. In the board game, there's a mechanic that can randomly swap all stars and coins between any two random players. Not either stars or coins, but "Player A gives all of their stars and all of their coins to Player B in exchange for all of Player B's stars and coins. Two turns before the end of the game, where my wife and I had both earned a good amount of stars and coins as I was helping her out with mini games and figuring stuff out, and we were kind of clobering the CPU characters, this happened to my wife. A CPU character landed on a special event spot where that character has to roll to determine two random characters to swap a random collection of their resources. The dice was rolled and boom. The situation was Character C landed on that spot and rolled dice such that that my wife's character had to trade all of her stars and coins (like, 3 stars and 90 coins) with CPU character D, who had played the whole game poorly and had literally 0 stars and like 3 coins... two turns before the game ended, leaving my wife's character coinless and starless, and the "Easy" CPU character sitting with tons of resources.

Can anybody explain to me how this mechanic doesn't invalidate literally the entire game?

At that stage of the game, you're literally trading your entire game's progress with somebody else. It's not even internally consistent. What is the point of even having a board game format that tracks stars and coins and whatever else at all if there's a mechanic that just randomly swaps literally every resource owned by one character with another character with literally nothing either character can do to influence it? So you spend the entire game playing well and racking up points and there's only one or two turns left in the game? Guess what? gently caress you! This other character landed on a spot so now everything you have done for the entire game goes to that other character who sucked at everything and has nothing, and there's nothing you can do about it, and you have no time to make up any of it. Have a great day!

So I'm honestly asking, why does the board game part of Mario Party exist at all if it's just chaos and nothing matters and anybody's points can go to anybody else at any time because gently caress you? I realize I'm getting more annoyed than I should but I was excited to be able to play video games with my wife, and I think this poo poo has put her off them for a good while, and I don't blame her. Why would anybody play any game with a "progress" system if out of nowhere, without warning beforehand, it can just be completely invalidated at any time with no ability to influence it?

So, yeah. Sorry for blowing up, but based on this event alone I'm saying the game sucks, is bullshit, and shouldn't be played by anybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

games rules because in every thread there is one person freaking out because they dont understand how video games work and that makes the video game poorly designed