Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

First attempt got wrecked by some of the bulkier nodes. At least it's in the realm of possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The 3 mutated inquisitor fight is kicking my rear end, any tips?

e: complaining worked, cleared it albeit slowly next attempt.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 7, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Meanwhile I'm not even sure if I'm going to clear, cause I reached the Dog+Fish combo and they just murdered me. Like, jesus christ, I can't see how I can deal enough DPS and manage clashes when everyone who resists Blunt is weak to Slash and viceversa and focusing on clashes means the battle never ends. Like Inquisitors already made me give up on low turning, it feels like the game either expects perfect team combinations or R Heathcliff to deal with these HP values.

I'm gonna give it a rest and calm down, I'm probably just playing badly but man, between having 3-4 useless slots on my Sinners and the HP values that feel like they multiplied everything by 1.25 I'm not having fun in here.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
111 on the Railway just before the last boss, so I need to clear the final fight in nine turns for the 120 banner, and that's assuming that it's "less than or equal to 120" and not "less than 120." I have a feeling that's not going to happen; had my first attempt get down to the inquistor and the boss before I lost a last-second clash, keeping him from being killed by the indiscriminate karma spam attack. Even if I'd pulled it off there, I would have had to do 1500 damage in three turns, and I don't think even R Heath, W Don and Shi Ishmael can pull that one out of a hat. I know there was at least one early fight where I could have optimized out an extra turn saved from not ending with just one guy alive, so I'm going to be very annoyed if it's a 121 turn clear.

The Slithering Inquistor + Four-Legged Beast fight was kind of comical at the end just because the poison does not play nice with Shi Ishmael. Thankfully she got a crit at just the right time and squeaked out the 20 HP she needed to survive.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The 3 mutated inquisitor fight is kicking my rear end, any tips?

e: complaining worked, cleared it albeit slowly next attempt.

I'd be interested to hear any tips anyone has on this one, beyond "do damage and don't take damage." This one feels the most like me just not understanding some central gimmick to the fight, and it turning into a slow grinder as a result. It's not some form change based on high or low Instinct, I tried that, doesn't change the ridiculous defenses.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I really should have put regular Heathcliff instead of rabbit Heathcliff in this team but now I'm on Stage 10 and if I backtrack I will have to go through everything again.

You know, I never thought I'd say it, but Stage 10 gives me so much respect for K Corp. Sure, the constant healing is irritating, but it's easy to set up a proper team comp to fight them and they aren't tanky to the point it's absurd.

K Corp was actually somehow one of the LESS irritating stages? You just focus one and batter them down. N Meursault is hilariously good for it.

Meanwhile, Slithering and Crawling Inquisitors have 1500, 650, 650 hp, and they're all weak to Wrath! Unfortunately, I used my wrath characters on K Corp because they're ALSO weak to wrath and they got beaten badly and now the only Wrath characters I have are Heathcliff and R Ishmael!

It's not even that it's impossible, it's just so frustrating. The giant HP bars are really demoralizing. It feels like you're barely doing scratch damage.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Einander posted:

I'd be interested to hear any tips anyone has on this one, beyond "do damage and don't take damage." This one feels the most like me just not understanding some central gimmick to the fight, and it turning into a slow grinder as a result. It's not some form change based on high or low Instinct, I tried that, doesn't change the ridiculous defenses.

I clashed everything because of all their self heals and always made sure to just Dodge the middle one when he did the attack + 2 mimic skill turn. That's it really, it took me like 12 turns though so I'm sure there's a better way.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The tip I was seeing was only clash with adjust shell and otherwise focus one down at a time letting eerie eyes go through. Specifically top, then bottom, then middle (at which point you start to accept the counter attacks).

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Managed to cut down to 119 turns and get the super banner.

Best chars to use overall are probably:
Grip Faust - Good clashes, added buffs, AoE is king for a lot of stages so having access to representation emittor (and fluid sac if you have it)
W Don - huge damage dealers with rip space, having telepole is really nice so you can charge faster.
R Heathcliff - need to watch his ammo count, but having excessive burst damage is so strong, and getting the buffs from bodysack pretty much ensures you have a huge next turn thanks to the haste and attack buff. You can pretty much just straight up kill an enemy in the first turn of the last stage which really speeds things up.
G Gregor - doesn't necessarily have to be G specifically but having ability to fuel your own Legerdermain is very useful (also you should absolutely uptie Legerdermain if you haven't already).

Unfortunately these are all 3*s but since it's turn-based you really need damage and good ego growth.

and yeah gently caress stage 10 btw

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I just finished stage 10, terrible loving turn waster.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Not very good lol but I know where I can easily clean up some fights. Dunno if I want to bother though. The last fight I still am not entirely sure what was going on, because it felt way easier than I expected it to be.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
time to go back to complaining about lack of content again baby lesgooo

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Yeah, I'm having trouble even finishing it. Not really worried about it tbh.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Holy poo poo gently caress the Everything There fight. That one took me the longest and the most attempts to clear.

I had to alternate between the big guy and a little guy, clashing as needed to stop the heal just so I didn't take too much damage from the bullshit counters. I'm glad I had G Gregor to soak those counters since he can just heal back up.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Was pretty tight getting in the win against the final boss under the 120 limit with only 9 turns to work with, but R Corp Heathcliff being able to just kill Aida from full health helped a lot.

Main team:
Shi Ishmael: She got the MVP (19% of all damage done) and pretty much earned it. Getting her down to 50% HP in the first fight is trivial, and from then out on out she'll be one of your best damage dealers and clashers. There's two minor caveats: one, getting Gloom for Snagharpoon is hard when she doesn't make any herself, and two, when you start using Shi Ishmael then she's in for the long haul, because if she's out for a map she's up to full HP again and you need to burn turns getting her back down below 50%. She's going to be a fixture of Railway teams for a long while, I imagine.
G Corp Gregor: Legerdemain good.
N Corp Faust: Just incredibly solid clashing and good support. I didn't use Resonance Emitter too often, I didn't generate enough Pride.
R Corp Heathcliff: Probably the one in the team the least out of the major players, but absolutely invaluable when he was there. Enables so many burst strategies.
W Corp Don Quixote: Rip Space does a lot of damage, but Leap was also incredibly valuable, because it's hard to generate Gloom right now and it's a great Gloom attack. Sloth from Rip is good too. Didn't use Telepole much because Ishmael wanted the Gloom more.

Valuable minor players:
Blade Lineage Sinclair: Impending Day is incredibly valuable for farming Sins, and his second skill is a good Wrath attack. 1, 2, 4, 9, and 10 are all good stages for him, though he was only a main DPS in 10.
Seven Section Outis: Reliable clashing, very tanky, The Odyssey Had a Purpose, more Sloth for Legerdemain. Good for stage 8 because of how it pushes you to soak hits.
Kurokumo Hong Lu: His first skill being garbage means he only popped in when I really wanted more Slash damage, but his second skill is still amazing and Paralysis always has uses.
N Corp Meursault: Pretty much just here to get grabbed by the tour robot without getting staggered. He did that very well.

Didn't get used:
Yi Sang, Ryoshu, Rodya.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
WHAT DOES THE NEW HONG LU STORY MEEANNNNNNNN

He was born with his cyan eye????? He was a 'gem of a child'????

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

His parents put it in him is my guess.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder how the game would feel if you either got a discard each turn or a second action in abnormality battles. It feels bad how like, N Corp Faust's 3rd skill's buff essentially never gets to be used...

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

Given that the story Hong Lu is derived from is about a rock that becomes a human (and then gets into some interesting relationship drama with their blood-related siblings), I think it's extremely literal. Hong Lu is probably not fully human in the way we're used to thinking of it, whether that be from Ruins-level magical bullshit or a Singularity or just a weird little quirk. There's implication the eye itself has powers, and that they've got some familial abuse issues and were treated as a tool / thing for their family to use.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
https://twitter.com/DistortedTomato/status/1644106762700849152?s=20

:eyepop:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Shastahanshah posted:

I wonder how the game would feel if you either got a discard each turn or a second action in abnormality battles. It feels bad how like, N Corp Faust's 3rd skill's buff essentially never gets to be used...

The double discard bug still works. If you are using the upper skill, you can activate a defense skill in the lower slot to get rid of it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Given that we have images of some of these new Abnos going into EGO Egg Form at the end of their fights, do you expect Blubbering Frog and/or Tour Guide EGOs to be added soon? As well as others getting My Form Empties ones besides Outis?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

sinclair WILL get the frog ego

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Quackles posted:

The double discard bug still works. If you are using the upper skill, you can activate a defense skill in the lower slot to get rid of it.

wait, seriously!?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Second attempt went way smoother, and I couldn't have asked for a more fitting turn count. The Sanity changes have made W Corp. Don, R Corp. Heathcliff, and Tingtang Hong Lu into even greater monsters than they already were.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1644264441758752768

Hell's Chicken teaser!

Burning hot in Nest K...A fierce cookoff to capture the heart of the Distortion!

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

The sanity change is nuts. It's gotta be adding the sanity to your coin flip percentage or something. It certainly feels like a 95% chance for heads at full sanity. Wondering if it's working as intended or if it's gonna get nerfed. Similarly I wonder if the railway is gonna get nerfed cause drat those boys is tanky.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

They've also put out a better explanation on how the Season system works, I'll be summarizing the important details:

-From the currently available stuff, all story-related identities count as Season 1 and the non-story related count as Regular. IE: From what it seems, both G Corp Identities, TingTang Hong Lu, Mariachi Sinclair, LobCorp Faust and all LCCB and N Corp Identities are Season 1, and the rest are Regular. And most significantly, all current gacha EGOs are regular. So you can always spark for W Don, R Heathcliff and Telepole for example.

-Previous Season stuff will not be removed from the gacha, with the exception of Event IDs. So in Season 2 you can get spooked by N Faust but not whatever IDs will come up on Hell's Chicken. Event IDs never return to the gacha, so get your HamHamPangPang Don ASAP.

-Finally, on Dispenser stuff, as mentioned at the end of a Season all Season IDs and EGOs get removed and come back at the start of the Season that's 2 places after, including event IDs. However, Battlepass IDs (lol, spoilers for Season 2?) and EGOs will get added to Dispenser, so you can spark for Legerdermain on Season 2 if you missed it. It seems after something is added it's never removed from sparking.

TL;DR: There's no limited stuff as it seems, you should prioritize Seasonal identities over Regular ones for sparks since those are the ones that leave and MD farmers keep winning.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Apr 7, 2023

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Tellaris posted:

The sanity change is nuts. It's gotta be adding the sanity to your coin flip percentage or something. It certainly feels like a 95% chance for heads at full sanity. Wondering if it's working as intended or if it's gonna get nerfed. Similarly I wonder if the railway is gonna get nerfed cause drat those boys is tanky.

Seeing as how there's people beating at 83 turns (wtf how) and the only real reward for going to 120 or below is a shinier banner I think they'll be content to keep the railway at its current difficulty. If all you want is the practical rewards it's really not hard to just clear it, it just takes a while.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

They've also put out a better explanation on how the Season system works, I'll be summarizing the important details:

-From the currently available stuff, all story-related identities count as Season 1 and the non-story related count as Regular. IE: From what it seems, both G Corp Identities, TingTang Hong Lu, Mariachi Sinclair, LobCorp Faust and all LCCB and N Corp Identities are Season 1, and the rest are Regular. And most significantly, all current gacha EGOs are regular. So you can always spark for W Don, R Heathcliff and Telepole for example.

-Previous Season stuff will not be removed from the gacha, with the exception of Event IDs. So in Season 2 you can get spooked by N Faust but not whatever IDs will come up on Hell's Chicken. Event IDs never return to the gacha, so get your HamHamPangPang Don ASAP.

-Finally, on Dispenser stuff, as mentioned at the end of a Season all Season IDs and EGOs get removed and come back at the start of the Season 2 places after, including event IDs. However, Battlepass IDs (lol, spoilers for Season 2?) and EGOs will get added to Dispenser, so you can spark for Legerdermain on Season 2 if you missed it. It seems after something is added it's never removed from sparking.

TL;DR: There's no limited stuff as it seems, you should prioritize Seasonal identities over Regular ones for sparks since those are the ones that leave and MD farmers keep winning.
I really hope the free Battlepass stuff is cheap, like less than 100 shards. Everyone should be able to get Legerdermain, it's been carrying me so hard in my sub-120 Railway run.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Another week, another 1300 Lunacy from Emergency Maintenance

Project Moon :allears:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

-Finally, on Dispenser stuff, as mentioned at the end of a Season all Season IDs and EGOs get removed and come back at the start of the Season 2 places after, including event IDs. However, Battlepass IDs (lol, spoilers for Season 2?) and EGOs will get added to Dispenser, so you can spark for Legerdermain on Season 2 if you missed it. It seems after something is added it's never removed from sparking.

Do event IDs get added to the dispenser?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
You've seen Pizza Tower, now get ready for Pizza Doner

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Endorph posted:

Do event IDs get added to the dispenser?

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1644254378415751168

Yes, but with a full season delay. So you'll be waiting till S3 if you miss whatever Hell's Chicken has.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

BisbyWorl posted:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1644254378415751168

Yes, but with a full season delay. So you'll be waiting till S3 if you miss whatever Hell's Chicken has.

Oh yeah, missed specifying that detail since I folded it on the Season 1 stuff, thanks.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Apr 7, 2023

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Theantero posted:

Another week, another 1300 Lunacy from Emergency Maintenance

Project Moon :allears:

I'm not sure I understand what they are fixing here - Abnos in Railway were flipping heads too often on their coin flips, is that it?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

huh. thought abnos were rolling heads a bit too often, but couldn't tell if it was just bad luck. guess not entirely?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

KazigluBey posted:

I'm not sure I understand what they are fixing here - Abnos in Railway were flipping heads too often on their coin flips, is that it?
Abnos aren't supposed to have SP at all, except here they were somehow managing to gain and lose it which altered the probability of their coin flips.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

likely they programmed the game such that everything 'has' to have sanity, but abnormalities were set to have 0 and gain/lose 0. only they screwed it up with the railway.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

So if I understand correctly, Abnos would have better odds for heads at the start of a fight (and throughout if never hit by san reductions) but could have worse odds if sinners used san reduction effects on them, is that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Just finished Refraction in 113 turns! Just got a very, very clean start - none of the first seven fights went over 10 turns which gave me more than enough wiggle room to just sail through the rest of the run without even needing to try and go fast. Knew I had things in the bag when I calced things out and saw I'd beat the target by merely winning the rest of the fights in an average of 13 turns.

N Faust, G Gregor, W Don and Blade Lineage SinclairImpending Day were the MVPs of the run. Impending Day especially, since feeding Sinclair kills in the Mariachi and Inquisitor fights let me build up an awful lot of resources very fast which let me spam EGO like no tomorrow (especially Legedemain, easily the best EGO in the game and I'd be surprised if that ever changes) - as soon as Sinclair gets a better 000 and an AoE EGO he's going to be a loving monster.