Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!
if the cia are cops and the mods are cops then the mods should make like the cia and give us all mad crack cocaine tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

It's a shame you're allowed to post without reading the rules first imo.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
All right all right :sweep:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

all feedback threads and even entire feedback forums are collecting grounds for ideas that should be patently ignored

ban this guy from GBS

MrQwerty posted:

My desire for 30 stickied threads is sincere, goon sire :colbert:

also this

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I am actually dead serious that having a number of stickied threads isn't a bad idea at all, just make sure you unsticky them if they lose steam and also don't be afraid to goldmine that poo poo

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

For a non shitpost, actual suggestion: roll the feedback thread and the rules thread into one.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Space Kablooey posted:

For a non shitpost, actual suggestion: roll the feedback thread and the rules thread into one.

I'll put it up for consideration. There's merit to keeping them separate because it's usually good to have the rules thread be its own thing but let's noodle on that

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I think that every time you click on a thread the rules thread should pop up first and you have to scroll through and click an “I accept” button.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'll put it up for consideration. There's merit to keeping them separate because it's usually good to have the rules thread be its own thing but let's noodle on that

Why? I'm not objecting, just curious about your reasoning.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Why? I'm not objecting, just curious about your reasoning.

In my personal view, I guess it's part "it's always been that way not just in GBS but on SA in general" and part "I don't necessarily want to turn the rules thread into a pseudo-chat thread". I know the first one is dumb reasoning, trust me, but I also like the idea of having one space where people can see the rules and not feel like they have to go through tons of pages to see why everyone's talking about something

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'd say the rules thread needs to be separate so it is more clear if it gets updated. Also just to keep it as a clear and easily-accessible resource if needed.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah turning the rules thread into a feedback thread just guarantees even fewer people will read it when it shows 300 pages because they’ll think it’s 300 pages of rules and not one page of rules and 299 pages of slapfights.

BAGS FLY AT NOON fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 6, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah turning the rules thread into a feedback thread just guarantees even fewer people will read it when it has 300 pages because they’ll think they have to read every page.

yep. people are excited to read the rules therad in the current format. hell, they're champing at the bit for it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

yep. people are excited to read the rules therad in the current format. hell, they're champing at the bit for it

I have the rules thread printed out and posted at multiple places on the walls of my house

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I have the rules thread printed out and posted at multiple places on the walls of my house

i know you do.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Why should we have these so called rules when we already have the Holy Bible

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Have there been more new permabans in the last year than prior years? Not the same old reregs

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

you mean the 🅱️ible

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Charles Bukowski posted:

Have there been more new permabans in the last year than prior years? Not the same old reregs

It just seems that way because the last one solved 99% of the drama on the forums

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

vible

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

beyond retarted or w/e has been buying hella accounts as of late

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

beyond retarted or w/e has been buying hella accounts as of late

I bet he's at least 70% of the permabans in '23 alone

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

New rule: hot cocoa on the couch must submit his posts in triplicate on the proper forms for inspection before posting

Charles Bukowski posted:

MrQwerty posted:

I bet he's at least 70% of the permabans in '23 alone

Yeah as a reminder he's the guy that "sued" SA and put in official court documents that "many users have stated they do not like me or my posting"

But he's keeping the forums viable now that Alec Eiffel has been taken out behind the shed so thanks EIU! :cheers:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
nom epique delenda est.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

report him

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

report him

lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

he reports every one of his posts

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

nom epique delenda est.

Gonna lock you two in a thread thunderdome style

Two posters enter one poster leaves

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Sorry I wasn't more clear. By "not the same ol reregs" I meant new people being permabanned and exactly not that guy that sued the forums :)

Is that guy really paying for those accounts though? I remember one of those constant rereg guys was using stolen cc's? Dare probably, or King Reol? Seraph?!

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 6, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Nom doesn't deserve to be locked up with grammy

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

will the report button still be active on that thread

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bagmonkey posted:

lol

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

nom epique delenda est.

nom epique delenda est.

You really gotta let go of having posting enemies or whatever the gently caress this is

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

Lmao

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It just seems that way because the last one solved 99% of the drama on the forums

Oh, ice cold.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Karma Comedian posted:

You really gotta let go of having posting enemies or whatever the gently caress this is

It's Latin.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ok grammy

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

this is an ENGLISH forums

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I checked the front page. It hasn't changed, it's still got that 'dear furries' article. We need to apologize to another group of misunderstood outcasts, the Scientologists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Scientologists deserve no apology nor acknowledgment.