Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/kennyjacoby/status/1643985328599101445?s=20
Michigan student alleges she's drugged and raped by football players, life falls apart and she dies of an OD; her grieving mother contacts Jim Harbaugh, and he does get in touch and listen to her, but later ghosts her and lets at least one of the accused perpetrators, not named here, continue to play.

e: also forgot to mention the other day -- Rush Probst got yet another job (forget where in Alabama), winning a school board's approval by a single vote.

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
https://twitter.com/treblaw/status/1644063548409106443?s=20

It's getting white in here!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Why wouldn't you just call it white out. That's what it is. Just call it the thing it is.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Komet posted:

Who is Q?

Steve Spurrier

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 7, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I don’t think that’s the hex code for white.

BUMBACLOT
Jun 19, 2008

I thought Charlottesville was the place for the all white events

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Print out that tweet and put it in the future national championship trophy case.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

poo poo, with redshirting, medical waivers, the free covid year, there are probably dudes with graduate degrees off of athletic scholarships. There was some dude in the championship last night they said was halfway through an MBA.

Some other Hokies help me but I think Justyn Mutts has like three bachelors and is a thesis away from a Masters or something like that

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

BUMBACLOT posted:

Tech is in Blacksburg but yeah it's still a terrible look.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Judgy Fucker posted:

I want to shoehorn a joke involving the conversation between Quark and Garak about the Federation Big 10 and Root Beer but I got nuthin

I was working this too and only got here:

Quark: What do you think?
Garak: It's vile!
Quark: I know. It's so slow, plodding...and bland.
Garak: Just like the Big Ten.
Quark: And you know what's really frightening? If you watch enough of it, you begin to like it.
Garak: It's insidious.
Quark: Just like the Big Ten.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Worf, watching another Iowa punt: "This is a warrior's team."

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Cthulu Carl posted:

Worf, watching another Iowa punt: "This is a warrior's team."

Klingons don't surrender. They'd never punt.

Sash! posted:

Quark: And you know what's really frightening? If you watch enough of it, you begin to like it.

:golfclap:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Lane Qfin

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I got it totally wrong earlier. Q is Steve Spurrier.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sash! posted:

:five:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
+1 to all the star trek posts.

In news-ish stuff the Pac-12 is still in purgatory with their TV deal. https://theathletic.com/4388808/2023/04/06/pac-12-media-deal-negotiations/

quote:

On Thursday, a person with knowledge of the Pac-12 media rights discussions told The Athletic a deal for 2024-25 and beyond won’t likely be announced until “late spring, early summer.” Less than a month ago, Arizona president Robert Robbins told The Athletic he believed the conference would have a deal “within the next couple of weeks,” and that same week, Arizona State president Michael Crow told The State Press, “I think we’re close to a deal.”

Um...

quote:

Two sources indicated there have been recent discussions between the Pac-12 and The CW, a national over-the-air broadcast network better known for scripted shows like “Gossip Girl,” “Supernatural” and “Riverdale.”

Well better than last time I guess? Probably a little worse for memes, but maybe I can watch games.

Nothing particularly new there in that article, everyone's still saying the right things and they're fine sticking together for the most part. Publicly at least, but you have to feel like it would be really nice for them to nail something down.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Yeah the CW sounds ridiculous but I can watch it pretty much anywhere I go so that'd actually be pretty nice.

I was looking up to see what sports they've aired previously, if any, guess I missed the news a few months back that they're airing LIV golf.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Buncha drat nerds in here

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
lol no poo poo, that’s why we’re here

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Grittybeard posted:

+1 to all the star trek posts.

In news-ish stuff the Pac-12 is still in purgatory with their TV deal. https://theathletic.com/4388808/2023/04/06/pac-12-media-deal-negotiations/

Um...

Well better than last time I guess? Probably a little worse for memes, but maybe I can watch games.

Nothing particularly new there in that article, everyone's still saying the right things and they're fine sticking together for the most part. Publicly at least, but you have to feel like it would be really nice for them to nail something down.

Stay tuned for the kickoff of Stanford vs. Cal, coming right up after the season premiere of Shasta McNasty: Reborn, right here only on the CW!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Canadian football feels more appropriate for the CW.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the CW is a perfect network for the Pac-12's TV deal because it also no longer exists

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

e: also forgot to mention the other day -- Rush Probst got yet another job (forget where in Alabama), winning a school board's approval by a single vote.

Pell City. Very close to his old stomping grounds. MaxPreps tells me they were 1-9 last year. Hard to tell who's more desperate here.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

BUMBACLOT posted:

Lol :drat:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I mean there are reasons as stated (you can find it just about anywhere) that the CW might be in some ways better than other non-major networks but I feel like the reputation hit would be a deathblow to the Pac 12

I assume this was thrown in there because it's too funny not to, not because discussion with them has reached some sort of serious level

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

You gotta wonder what the CW is hoping for with both LIV Golf and the Pac 12 now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DuckHuntDog posted:

You gotta wonder what the CW is hoping for with both LIV Golf and the Pac 12 now.

They need content because all of their other shows have been canceled

That's not a joke, this is all their programming that hasn't been canceled or finished airing a season and is awaiting renewal or cancellation news:

quote:

The Flash (final season ongoing)
Riverdale (final season ongoing)
Nancy Drew (final season premieres in May)
Gotham Knights (just started)
All American (renewed for season 6)
Walker (season 3 ongoing)
Superman & Lois (season 3 ongoing)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

That's not a joke, this is all their programming that hasn't been canceled or finished airing a season and is awaiting renewal or cancellation news:

They should just go back to being The WB and show a fuckton of Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Pinky & the Brain, Pokemon and Earthworm Jim.

I only remember the line-up for Kids WB, not sorry.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

The CW changed ownership last year and Warner Brothers cancelled all those shows before the sale. Also, turns out the average CW viewer is in their late 50s.

Kinda like that Ion Television thing...I can't imagine there's enough money, even with all that Saudi LIV money, to get the Pac 12 to take that reputation hit.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

VT calls every game with a theme an "Effect" Game (Maroon Effect, Orange Effect), but yeah not a great graphic ripe for jokes.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

dirty shrimp money posted:

The CW changed ownership last year and Warner Brothers cancelled all those shows before the sale. Also, turns out the average CW viewer is in their late 50s.

Kinda like that Ion Television thing...I can't imagine there's enough money, even with all that Saudi LIV money, to get the Pac 12 to take that reputation hit.

Or the average CW viewer was streaming using their parent's cable information.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Chris James 2 posted:

Neither of these sports are going to fill much primetime weeknight real estate are they?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Checking out Yahoo's fantasy homepage and...this can't be serious, right?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mike_V posted:

Having ridden the AR rollercoaster for a season and change, these draft boards make me feel as though I have slipped into intractable psychosis.

These draft dorks get burned year after year with their measurable obsession and never learn their lesson.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Mike_V posted:

The goon draft has already determined that Anthony Richardson's going to Seattle to win 30 straight Super Bowls. :colbert:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LeeMajors posted:

Having ridden the AR rollercoaster for a season and change, these draft boards make me feel as though I have slipped into intractable psychosis.

These draft dorks get burned year after year with their measurable obsession and never learn their lesson.

Josh Allen and Justin Herbert worked out pretty well and since they’re all gambles you might as well buy the lottery ticket with the biggest payoff. Stroud should be number 1 but after that you’ve got:

- Probably the most physically gifted QB prospect of all time that unfortunately kind of sucks at playing QB
- Really good player that’s the size of a soccer midfielder
- Big armed toolsy white guy with bad feet
- Dude who played in a gimmick offense and will be 30 at the end of his rookie contract

Since so many teams took a pass on QBs last year there’s a lot of QB needy teams and most of the options have pretty big red flags.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Mike_V posted:

I would never stop laughing

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Josh Allen and Justin Herbert worked out pretty well and since they’re all gambles you might as well buy the lottery ticket with the biggest payoff. Stroud should be number 1 but after that you’ve got:

- Probably the most physically gifted QB prospect of all time that unfortunately kind of sucks at playing QB
- Really good player that’s the size of a soccer midfielder
- Big armed toolsy white guy with bad feet
- Dude who played in a gimmick offense and will be 30 at the end of his rookie contract

Since so many teams took a pass on QBs last year there’s a lot of QB needy teams and most of the options have pretty big red flags.

Also a fair point but, having watched AR’s instinct run diametrically opposed to the correct decision again and again, I’m skeptical as hell.

He’s quite an athlete though. That’s undeniable.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Mike_V posted:

There's a lot of very poorly run NFL teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Mike_V posted:

:lol:

Biggest potential bust since JaMarcus Russell.