Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Lol this guy thinks he’s the coastal elite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I'm not a guy but ok :dumbbravo:

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Snob is gender neutral

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Telling someone their business idea is stupid as gently caress and getting stupider by the day is definitely the action of a snob

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I think we're past the point of caring about the business plan and more just hoping he'll grace us with pictures of beautiful good adequate actually-existing donuts from time to time. :v:

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
We’ll that’s what you’ve been up to and you’re a lovely snob so I suppose we agree

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

Sundae posted:

I think we're past the point of caring about the business plan and more just hoping he'll grace us with pictures of beautiful good adequate actually-existing donuts from time to time. :v:

When I get laid off I’ll post more hole pics promise but you can access my whole (hole) library by signing up for my patreon

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Rationale posted:

When I get laid off I’ll post more hole pics promise but you can access my whole (hole) library by signing up for my patreon

Sounds more like we would be signing up for your onlyfans

Your donelynuts.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
4 am I roll in tune up start making doughnuts fast as gently caress

530 someone with charisma opens the front of the store and starts prepping drink stuff

6 we’re staffed up for the rush and hopefully there is one

10 the rush is over you you and you can go I’m making dough/glaze/filling for tomorrow

2pm the closers come in to handle afternoon commute and a bunch of restock/empty tasks, inventory or whatever until it’s over

Pos tracks what sells and when to inform my future moves but I bet working 7/10 I can make the volume of doughnuts I’d need to make money. I don’t know about selling them but making looks doable

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Rationale posted:

2pm the closers come in

gonna need a closer to right this coffee ship (nsfw language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goFaACJXZiY

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Rationale posted:

That's not enough time unless you're opening at 10 AM

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

Powerful Katrinka posted:

That's not enough time unless you're opening at 10 AM

You took the bait!

If a dough chills overnight does that mean that I can take it from the fridge to the rounder to the proofer? And if so does that mean I could theoretically be frying it like thirty minutes after I pull up?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Rationale posted:

You took the bait!

If a dough chills overnight does that mean that I can take it from the fridge to the rounder to the proofer? And if so does that mean I could theoretically be frying it like thirty minutes after I pull up?

no

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
:2007:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I’m not sure you’re going to find 3 people in nowhere Ohio to work from 6 to 10am every day. People usually want hours. People also don’t want to clopen so that will limit flexibility within the week.

Are high school kids not allowed to go off-campus for lunch?

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

I got the tude now posted:

You can’t post someone else’s food and say I’m zerod in on a concept uih dumb motherfucjer!!!!!

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I’m zeroing I said

Fried brioche with xyz on and in

Qrs cake ring with mno glaze

The crank arm and the dough rounder do most of the actual work of “making” doughnuts.

Its just two things but they can be done a lot of different ways to serve a variety of tastes

E: forgot the cookies apparently they’re awesome

Rationale fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 7, 2023

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

530 someone with charisma opens the front of the store and starts prepping drink stuff

6 we’re staffed up for the rush and hopefully there is one

10 the rush is over you you and you can go I’m making dough/glaze/filling for tomorrow

2pm the closers come in to handle afternoon commute and a bunch of restock/empty tasks, inventory or whatever until it’s over

Pos tracks what sells and when to inform my future moves but I bet working 7/10 I can make the volume of doughnuts I’d need to make money. I don’t know about selling them but making looks doable

I’m sure your staff will never have issue with calling out , being sick , not showing up , etc.

The fact that you refuse to plan is hilarious , keep on just winging it surely it’ll work out.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I’ll write a business plan so my staff never calls out on me and I will make everything by hand until I’ve earned my equipment

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Rationale posted:

You took the bait!

You'll need time for the grease to heat up, mix the batters for cake donuts, do the actual frying, glaze/decorate, fill, etc. Go back to my effort post about my old job, you'll get a better idea of what the actual workload is. Like I said, it took at least an hour just to fry off all the yeast-raised for a weekday batch. Also I would consider buying mixes if I were you, at least to start. Making donuts entirely from scratch is going bankrupt you

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I understand and respect that you’re probably right but also I want to make doughnuts from scratch with local ingredients. Not all or even most but it’d be cool

Edit: also yeah I’ll need a helper just for the sheer amount of stuff I’ll have to move around

E2: then there’s fillings and glazes too like the premium pie filling will cost twice as much as the bun where you can simmer #4 apples for a seventy percent discount

They’re gonna be good as gently caress and I’m gonna sell out every day at $3 a piece limit one per customer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwGgQAMj5DI

Rationale fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 7, 2023

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Rationale posted:

I can make the volume of doughnuts I’d need to make money. I don’t know about selling them

It's a good thing it's the making of the donuts that brings in the money and not the selling, then

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Luckily they’re gonna be good as hell and people will seek them out

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

If this thread has taught me anything it’s that once people find something they crave, they’ll waste absolutely no time and do everything to get it as soon and as effectively as possible.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Content will heat up when I get laid off sorry

For now I fix a valve and post while dude drives me to next valve

E: maybe instead I’ll fill an old school bus with vending machines

Rationale fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 7, 2023

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

Oh, NOW you want to listen to me

You should hold off on round filled donuts until you have a roller, to be honest. You can cut rings and long johns by hand, twists are just twisted rings. But you need a roller. There's nothing else that will instantly cut a slab of dough into uniform weights and then roll all two dozen at once in a couple seconds. If you don't have a roller, you'll have to cut and weigh out 2 ounce (or whatever) pieces of dough and then hand roll them into spheres. You should get a sheeter, too

Edit: this is MY thread now

Quoting this because I was told not to automate and I was like “I swear a subject matter expert told me the opposite”

https://www.amazon.com/EQCOTWEA-Com...28-de351f41cffb

You think that’ll fly?

Rationale fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 7, 2023

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Rationale posted:

I understand and respect that you’re probably right but

Thread title or red text?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I like that you didn't address the time issue at all

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Rationale posted:

I understand and respect that you’re probably right but also I want to make doughnuts from scratch with local ingredients. Not all or even most but it’d be cool

Edit: also yeah I’ll need a helper just for the sheer amount of stuff I’ll have to move around

E2: then there’s fillings and glazes too like the premium pie filling will cost twice as much as the bun where you can simmer #4 apples for a seventy percent discount

They’re gonna be good as gently caress and I’m gonna sell out every day at $3 a piece limit one per customer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwGgQAMj5DI

Mate I'm not sure you understand what that song is about.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have gone to the donut shop half a dozen times now because of this thread. They closed for 6 weeks (nice benefit of independently owned paid off, eh) and said reopen 4/7. It's 4/7 and they're still freakin closed. Jerks! :rubshands:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Epitope posted:

I have gone to the donut shop half a dozen times now because of this thread. They closed for 6 weeks (nice benefit of independently owned paid off, eh) and said reopen 4/7. It's 4/7 and they're still freakin closed. Jerks! :rubshands:

if the OP would get off they rear end and make some donuts you could buy from them!!!

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Ok so, we all know the staffing of this place normally is bonkers, nobody wants to have short hours / split hours / clopen type shifts.

Given that context some qs:
How old are Rationale's kids?
What are Ohio laws about children working in parents businesses?
What are Ohio laws about homeschooling/truancy?

Because I've definitely seen family run businesses putter along just above the threshold of viable all through the years of "homeschooling" kids and take a dive once they're out and external staffing must be sorted out, convinced to show up, and be actually paid. Obviously another question relevant here is the relationship desired with adult kids, but that's apparently not been a factor yet what with all the discussions of how little non work time he's going to have with fam along this proposed path.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

I like that you didn't address the time issue at all

Talking past each other like ships in the night

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Rationale posted:

Talking past each other like ships in the night

What do you want me to say? I told you that I didn't know anything about the equipment except it was old and sturdy, and can't offer an informed opinion on makes or models. Get a rounder so you won't spend hours cutting, weighing, and rounding dough. What else do you want me to tell you about that?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Thank you for all your guidance auntie

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Other place in town has closed indefinitely.

I’ll see who want to sell their kit cheapest

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Overlord of the donut afterscape, origin story in progress.

WHO RUNS DONUTOWN? RATIONALE RUNS DONUTOWN.

*hoards the mixers*

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Henceforth no taxes or tolls will be levied upon any empty cart in the dominion because we want people to come buy doughnuts

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I’m sure your town where all the donut stores have closed down is the perfect place to sell donuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I should sign a lease and commute to a place with stiffer competition.