Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

This would be so much better without the text so you couldn't tell what it was until the end, and maybe not even then. I want to see people freaking out that she dropped some intestine, since I know there's people out there that would think that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ge cafe workout log

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Knormal posted:

This would be so much better without the text so you couldn't tell what it was until the end, and maybe not even then. I want to see people freaking out that she dropped some intestine, since I know there's people out there that would think that.

I think most "funny pictures" would be funnier without the text. I hate seeing a big ugly white block above the actual image/video, with black awkwardly aligned text full of jpeg artifacts telling me OMG SO FUNNY LOL or WAIT FOR IT or SHE DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!!! or whatever.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The involuntary belly-dancer would have been funnier without the text, too. Still plenty funny, though

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Biplane posted:

ge cafe workout log

im cursed with knowledge

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Why is this funny?!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lazy_Liberal posted:

im cursed with knowledge

do not ponder the orb under any circumstances

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wendigee posted:

Why is this funny?!

The ge in ge cafe stands for gastroentestinal, and cafe is pronounced chafe.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

credburn posted:

I think most "funny pictures" would be funnier without the text. I hate seeing a big ugly white block above the actual image/video, with black awkwardly aligned text full of jpeg artifacts telling me OMG SO FUNNY LOL or WAIT FOR IT or SHE DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!!! or whatever.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

credburn posted:

Wait for it is helpful in videos where something surprising happens at the end that involves "characters" introduced throughout the video.

But a lot of the time I think it's only there because someone is using a web app to turn a clip into an MP4 or whatever and couldn't bring themselves to leave text boxes blank.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Wait for it" is often to make people sit through unremarkable footage to boost viewer retention metrics. If you can't hook me at the start I scroll past.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
POV: you're waiting for it, and won't believe what happens! 😱😱

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Ah the TikTok curse

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Field Mousepad posted:

Ah the TikTok curse

"Wait for it", I cry to the heavens as the camera records, chanting indecipherable words under the Blood Moon, pitch streaming from my eyes as the ritual reaches its crescendo after an agonizingly-long thirty seconds that feels like a span of eternity, and the entry of Fell Beings from beyond reality is nigh... Only to be struck in the gonads by my fellow cultist with a hard kick between my legs, fartmoan.wav dubbed in post over my untimely collapse as the portal closes above in the night sky and I lay on the ground writhing in pain.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
:dale:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

this was the soundtrack:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Eating cigarettes is bad for your health

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Elias_Maluco posted:

Eating cigarettes is bad for your health

Those are tea tubes :rolleyes:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
poo poo we had a cig in between every class when I was in high school

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Biplane posted:

ge cafe workout log

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Biplane posted:

ge cafe workout log

Thanks for reminding me :gonk:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

LifeSunDeath posted:

this was the soundtrack:

:yeah:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Field Mousepad posted:

poo poo we had a cig in between every class when I was in high school

hell yea out by the bikesheds near the soccer field

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

monkeytennis posted:

Thanks for reminding me :gonk:

Nothing human disgusts me. Except GE Cafe story, gently caress that- tennessee williams

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Carthag Tuek posted:

hell yea out by the bikesheds near the soccer field

No in the bathrooms. Every single bathroom.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

I mean, we lowered the bar of political discourse to do the same

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Better Nate than lever

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Seems like a low bar.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

This is my new religion.

it's very zen

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I'm pulling it up as hard as I can but nothing is happening

mobby_6kl has a new favorite as of 10:55 on Apr 7, 2023

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Please stop pulling on the bar.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's like immanentizing the eschaton, but lo-fi

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Karate Bastard posted:

Please stop pulling on the bar.

BRING IT IN GUYS!!! *the entire first world comes in for a HUGE lever pulling party*

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm pulling it up as hard ad I can but nothing is happening

Here you have a box with a red button. If you push the button, you will get one million dollars, but someone will di- STOP MASHING THE RED BUTTON!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm pulling it up as hard ad I can but nothing is happening

Only the rightful King of England can pull it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Nenonen posted:

Only the rightful King of England can pull it.

Ah, how tricky. You and I both know there's no such thing as a 'rightful' king of England

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rzIwrEqpw