Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I need a recap. So does that leave Metal Bat, Atomic Samurai, Child Emperor, Pig God, Puri-Puri Prisoner, Superalloy Darkshine, Drive Knight, Watchdog Man, Zombieman and maybe Metal Knight? ( I can't remember if he saw Saitama on the cameras destroying the robot security or not) as remaining S-Classes that don't know about Saitama's strength now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zombieman should at least have a clue

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Metal Knight did watch the security footage and has suspicions. Zombieman was at Genos' three hour alternate history debriefing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
PPP is probably also at least aware of the outcome of the Sea King fight.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

What people recognize and internalize are different things, it's rare someone ever takes him as seriously as they should even when they see his abilities. It's like most people kind of choose to forget. Especially bystanders.

Even sonic refuses to recognize how seriously outclassed he is

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I need a recap. So does that leave Metal Bat, Atomic Samurai, Child Emperor, Pig God, Puri-Puri Prisoner, Superalloy Darkshine, Drive Knight, Watchdog Man, Zombieman and maybe Metal Knight? ( I can't remember if he saw Saitama on the cameras destroying the robot security or not) as remaining S-Classes that don't know about Saitama's strength now?

I'd add Tank Top Master to that list, and also Blast (assuming he doesn't exist outside of time and is aware of the timeline in which he intervened in the Saitama/Garou fight)

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
There’s a real distinction between “understanding Saitama is way stronger than the organization thinks he is” and “actually getting it.”

I’d say that only Genos and King really get it, and Bang has some level of understanding, but otherwise everyone contextualize it within their own relative level of power, because it’s really hard to grasp just how incomprehensibly far beyond everyone else he is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

What people recognize and internalize are different things, it's rare someone ever takes him as seriously as they should even when they see his abilities. It's like most people kind of choose to forget. Especially bystanders.

Even sonic refuses to recognize how seriously outclassed he is

Sonic's not an S-class hero though

The Lord of Hats posted:

There’s a real distinction between “understanding Saitama is way stronger than the organization thinks he is” and “actually getting it.”

I’d say that only Genos and King really get it, and Bang has some level of understanding, but otherwise everyone contextualize it within their own relative level of power, because it’s really hard to grasp just how incomprehensibly far beyond everyone else he is.

I suppose that's a fair way of looking at it. Bang was there to see Saitama fly through that meteor that Genos and Metal Knight couldn't stop so that's certainly something at least. And Flashy Flash actively worked alongside Saitama and couldn't leave him in his dust so certainly he must think more of him than any dice rolled A class number.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wonderful chapter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd say drive knight knows because that sketchy mofo definitely has genos under surveillance.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

RareAcumen posted:

Sonic's not an S-class hero though

Isn't Sonic actually pretty high up there just in pure skill/speed? He can fight Genos to a draw and Genos is an S class hero.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 23, 2023

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Jerkface posted:

Isn't Sonic actually pretty high up there just in pure skill/speed? He can fight Genos to a draw and Genos is an S class hero.

I mean yes, but the question was about S-class heroes.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

My point is people who should know better by now, don't

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Lord of Hats posted:

Even Genos has his limits to his understanding of Saitama's strength; he thinks Gouketsu might be the strongest enemy that Saitama has ever faced and that even Saitama might need backup and then Saitama just curbstomps the dude.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Even Genos has his limits to his understanding of Saitama's strength; he thinks Gouketsu might be the strongest enemy that Saitama has ever faced and that even Saitama might need backup and then Saitama just curbstomps the dude.

After getting his future memory core back, his plan for dealing with God is for the Hero Association to call Saitama.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

team overhead smash posted:

After getting his future memory core back, his plan for dealing with God is for the Hero Association to call Saitama.

Still think every so often of:

Genos: I need 3 hours to give my presentation on Master Saitama.
4 hours later
Genos: And this concludes my presentation on Master Saitama.

:allears:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 15 days!)

that was a pretty adorable end to that little episode with Tatsumaki

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

If they ever got it, it would undermine the joke so its better that they stay stupidly oblivious, its a feature not a bug

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

But where is the series true hero, Mumen Rider? Like seriously I kinda wish he was around more.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Not that he's slow about making new chapters but I sure hope the next one is still more forward momentum for the plot and not a redraw of Saitama vs Meteor or something.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Next up will be the Speedsters arc with Flashy Flash and Sonic, right?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The exchange of headpats

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Donkringel posted:

Frankly I would hope Tatsumaki would still think highly of King even if she found out he didn't do all the things he was reported to do. Like sure, she would probably have a moment of disgust and whinging, but then she would remember all the times King was facing down horrifying monsters and HE WAS JUST A NORMAL DUDE.

Mumen Rider will throw his bike at an unspeakable creature of the depths, King will just keep his poker face going buying time.
The best things King did was during the Monster Association arc where King lures out Elder Centipede knowing Saitama would do the actual punch, and then when trying to extract the kid, he stares down the Cadre when he has no idea where Saitama is. One is him facing down a terrible threat with the knowledge that his friend who is SUPER DUPER POWERFUL will protect him, and the other is him facing down a terrible threat by himself. That's called character growth.

edit: and in the webcomic, when King faces down the Cadre, Homeless Emperor and the other guy both do the regular "Oh poo poo, the King Engine is roaring, I have to use all of my skills" and Psychic Water, an elemental force of nature monster instead of a "used to be human" monster did a quick check of K I N G and saw a regular human without powers and did not attack because Psychic Water was compelled to destroy powerful heroes. It's like the Scouter system from DBZ (DBGT? It's all a blur) but the former humans had buffer underruns to make him over 9000 and Psychic Water was "he's a negative 1. I don't care."

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 7, 2023

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

evil natural water reacts to enemies, and king had no hostility cus he was pissing his pants.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
and then all the monster cadres freaked out like "king must be so amazing at hiding his bloodlust that Evil Natural Water can't even detect him! He's figured us out!"

King rules

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I hope it never gets clarified (since that would ruin the joke), but I could totally buy King as having some sort of perfect defense fate control thing going for him.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
The superpower of authorial intent.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
If it's shown that King has some sort of superpower and isn't just a scary looking guy that everyone intimidates themselves into losing to, I will be very disappointed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

King's gonna immediately understand how to use alien gamepads on sight when that becomes the plot in 6 arcs. I'm sorry. You should make your peace with this now while you can.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Being a pro gamer is not a superpower.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Really it's a disability.

King is so cool tho :3:

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

SpacePig posted:

His power is being a pro gamer and not saying any pro gamer words

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man
His weakness betablockers.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I said this before, but King's power is Absolute Luck, while Sonic's power, is (addition to his speed) Absolute Unluck.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I would not say it's lucky to constantly be put in situations where you are terrified to the point your heart is audible to the point of sounding like an earthquake.

His superpower is that he is mf'ing KING. The best of all.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Maybe not luck on King's part then; maybe he's just a big beautiful pivot around which all of this universe rotates.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
A bit out of the loop, is opm on hiatus?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Murata's been on a one week break. Should be back this week I think?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
One is also doing this, he's been busy

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1642849950164824064

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RuBisCO posted:

Murata's been on a one week break. Should be back this week I think?

He's been doing edits for the latest print release