Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

And more of everybody's favourite astroturfed meme:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rsnvt9Cnir1sjcnrz.mp4

wait was gillian anderson in breaking bad?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You'll notice that the ai didn't even attempt bill burr

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

That movie, and especially that plot point, was really grossly transphobic. I can't see this meme as anything other than transphobic too, even in an ironic sense.

Here are some non transphobic memes:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

My homies and me on Good Friday

The Bavarian police

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_ban#Christianity

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

hmmm.

yes.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

bike tory posted:

That movie, and especially that plot point, was really grossly transphobic. I can't see this meme as anything other than transphobic too, even in an ironic sense.

Here are some non transphobic memes:

good point, thank you

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Antigravitas posted:

My homies and me on Good Friday

The Bavarian police

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_ban#Christianity

I took German in high school and the teacher made us watch a movie about this called Swing Kids.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

bike tory posted:

what movie

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

kalel posted:

what movie

Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Yep, seriously

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Hey, that movie taught me that it was not only possible for a boy to become a girl, but for her to be beautiful, confident and successful

Then ten minutes later it taught me that being transgender made her such a monster that it would make a whole crowd of people vomit when they found out, including my childhood hero Jim Carrey and a dolphin, which at the time was the ultimate symbol of all things pure and good in the world, so I spent the next 30 years hating myself

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

kalel posted:

what movie

Before Bud Light, it says it right on the thing.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

kalel posted:

what movie

The first Ace Ventura. That's the movie's villain and it gets insanely bad about it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Before Bud Light, it says it right on the thing.

clearly I missed a step somewhere between Before Sunset and Before Midnight

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

kalel posted:

clearly I missed a step somewhere between Before Sunset and Before Midnight

Unfortunately it’s after Before Midnight and why we never got a Before Dawn

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It was a different time. People knew very little about dolphins back then.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Even after many seasons of Drag Race I still don't fully believe how tucking works but as a kid watching Ace Ventura I didn't even know that was a thing so I thought Einhorn was stashing her severed penis in her underwear.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I didn't know about trans people in 1994 so my babysitter said that Einhorn pooped her underwear. I knew it wasn't a truthful explanation but it made as much sense as anything else.

Ace Ventura aged really, really terribly.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I was even younger so I thought she just shat herself and that's why everyone was grossed out.

e: ^^ exactly

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lobok posted:

Even after many seasons of Drag Race I still don't fully believe how tucking works but as a kid watching Ace Ventura I didn't even know that was a thing so I thought Einhorn was stashing her severed penis in her underwear.

My older brother explained to me that she had haemorrhoids, which only men can have.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Like to be clear to bigots, Ace Ventura didn't even age in an upsetting way it aged in a "oh that's really pathetic" way.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

mind the walrus posted:

I didn't know about trans people in 1994 so my babysitter said that Einhorn pooped her underwear. I knew it wasn't a truthful explanation but it made as much sense as anything else.

Ace Ventura aged really, really terribly.

It made me sad a few days ago to stumble upon a couple of Weird Al songs that didn't age well.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
there’s no chance in hell I’d listen to my old Dr Demento tapes today

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

flavor.flv posted:

Hey, that movie taught me that it was not only possible for a boy to become a girl, but for her to be beautiful, confident and successful

Then ten minutes later it taught me that being transgender made her such a monster that it would make a whole crowd of people vomit when they found out, including my childhood hero Jim Carrey and a dolphin, which at the time was the ultimate symbol of all things pure and good in the world, so I spent the next 30 years hating myself

I feel for you, but I also read this entire post in Flavor Flav's voice in my head because of your username and avatar.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

these are all so good, wtf.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Tenkaris posted:

Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Yep, seriously

Allllllllllllllllriiiiiiiigjty Theeeeeen

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Thanks for destroying my childhood innocence, middle school computer lab.

God the "early" internet was loving wild.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Mr. Crow posted:

Thanks for destroying my childhood innocence, middle school computer lab.

God the "early" internet was loving wild.

Just went to go take a trip down memory lane and it’s loving gone!

:rip: Rotten

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Necrobama posted:

It made me sad a few days ago to stumble upon a couple of Weird Al songs that didn't age well.

He’s been pretty good about saying “yeah no that was bad” and retiring songs that have become problematic as cultural attitudes have shifted. Which ones do you have in mind?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

bike tory posted:

I thought transphobia at first too but then thinking about the fact that the labels are about bud light can going to a rainbow can I was a little more charitable.

However I'm cis so I will defer this and ask the court that my post be striken from the record.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Paladinus posted:

It was a different time. People knew very little about dolphins back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVB2S5-oOQ

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Azhais posted:

I see you've fallen for Han'nya's tricks

I haven't read the meme thread in a long time, but must acknowledge this very good post. Thank you!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Warbird posted:

He’s been pretty good about saying “yeah no that was bad” and retiring songs that have become problematic as cultural attitudes have shifted. Which ones do you have in mind?

"Party at the Leper Colony" sure wasn't great

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Warbird posted:

Cat’s in the Kettle hasn’t particularly aged well

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

I can't stop watching these

:same:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah and that parody of Barbie Girl he did entirely in Dutch was just weird

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y48lj1pxX-Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pee air
May 8, 2007

This is not my personal opinion.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I'm pretty sure Weird Al didn't create that parody. It doesn't appear on any of his albums or releases and it doesn't even sound like him.