Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I may never play this game but I am enjoying reading you get evil about it :mmmhmm:

It's free give it a shot. I think it's also a tiny download

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Going nucleaaaar

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Same here, having a blast with it.

It reminds me of those old rear end playstation Deception games where you had to kill npc invaders with traps.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
2mb for mercs huh.

Capcom... you best not be pulling an re5 again

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Can you get all six pixel remasters as one game? It looks like they are separate on the switch and £17 each.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Heavy Metal posted:

Check this out, I just ordered a Galactic Purple DualSense controller, I'm getting warmed up! So I'll test it out on some 2002 PC game and get my DualSense skills going.

I want the purple dualsense, but I think having 7 controllers might be getting a bit excessive...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

Can you get all six pixel remasters as one game? It looks like they are separate on the switch and £17 each.

Nice av Kirbbo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

You forgot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoShTuxcw-k

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love Robbo.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Robbbbbbbbbbo

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Yeah they have a bundle which works out cheaper, least on switch, havent looked on psn yet

You can get the disc/cart with all of them but from square directly on a waiting list lol. You can import the switch cart from asia and you used to be able to get the ps4 disc from asia too but they canned it. :negative:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Cant believe they hosed up mercs (no ada and wesker despite being "on disc" until ada dlc i guess?????) But at least its as fun as og

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jack Garland Quotes of the Day

-

Sunday: "DIE ALREADY!"

Monday: "I'LL CRUSH YOU!"

Tuesday: "YOU'RE MINE!"

Wednesday: "YOU'RE PISSING ME OFF!"

Thursday: "DIE! DIE! DIE!"

Friday: "SHUT YOUR MOUTH!"

Sunday: "I'LL ANNIHILATE YOU!"

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

BitBasher posted:

On a related note someone a while back asked about magnetic USB3 adapters for their PSVR2 and I didn't see any replies. I picked up This one from Amazon a couple weeks ago and it works flawlessly. I just leave one end stuck in my PS5 and the other stays on the headset cable and it works like a champ. It comes off easily but has never detached accidentally.

Thanks, that was me. Much appreciated.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Lmao s ranked all stages of mercs already, unlocked everything. Handcanon for main bought.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Also:

https://youtu.be/bJ6kJMrfKZ8

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Is that the suikoden devs kickstarter one? Looks sick

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Yep. That’s the one.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jack Garland Quotes of the Day

-

Sunday: "DIE ALREADY!"

Monday: "I'LL CRUSH YOU!"

Tuesday: "YOU'RE MINE!"

Wednesday: "YOU'RE PISSING ME OFF!"

Thursday: "DIE! DIE! DIE!"

Friday: "SHUT YOUR MOUTH!"

Sunday: "I'LL ANNIHILATE YOU!"

are those cubes

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Want to see Veegy play Stranger of Paradise

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Yesssss... still no release date. Supposedly coming out this year..but

...?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

this looks great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whzVcoSWf_Y

lol that Bloodworth doesn't know who Lem is

I remember seeing a trailer for this ages ago and then complete radio silence. I couldn't remember what it was called and started to wonder if I'd just made it up in a dream or something.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Frankston posted:

I remember seeing a trailer for this ages ago and then complete radio silence. I couldn't remember what it was called and started to wonder if I'd just made it up in a dream or something.

Lol :same:

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Hey one good thing about Kickstarter poo poo, it’s never worth keeping track of and a pleasant surprise when things like this happen. I’m so happy this is coming out. Suikoden II was mindblowing for young me. Those sprites man. Jesus.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pre-ordered Jedi Survivor this morning, finished Jedi Fallen Order last night and it was extremely good. I wish I got around to the game when it originally came out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol this game is never actually coming out, but I am really hyped for it. I have only played Suikoden 2, and that was two years ago! and it was really good.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Pre-ordered Jedi Survivor this morning, finished Jedi Fallen Order last night and it was extremely good. I wish I got around to the game when it originally came out.

Careful, people are gonna cartwheel in now to tell you why it’s actually bad and that you weren’t having fun

In all seriousness, I think it’s an okay game. Certainly good by Star Wars standards. The dark soul lite elements mix nicely with the exploration and uncharted parkour and all that. Very nicely presented story. It always throws me when people act like the game murdered their close friend or something.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I bought a 4500 part map and have managed to use well over half of it on making a dope looking base and an absolutely obnoxious labyrinth. It's kind of hard to do a maze because of the harvester, but I front loaded the first room with a bunch of traps to hopefully either kill the harvester or make the player lose track of it. After that it's pretty chill but the path to the genmat is windy as hell and all of the decoy paths look legit and usually end with traps. Gonna spend the remaining 1000 or so parts on making it hell to get out of.

The one bullshit map I played put a trap out front placed to kill the harvester right at the start, and I didn't get the significance of that until 5 minutes later when I hit a dead end on a path that I belatedly realized the harvester could not have navigated. Maybe give that a try if you want to be really cruel.

I found a mean trick that works pretty well: wrap the genmat goal in a tight corridor with the genmat at one end of it. Right behind the genmat drop a holocube and behind that a shooter trap. Approaching the genmat clears the holocube and triggers the trap to fire down the length of the corridor. It's like a second wave trap but without the cool down before it's ready. And put an impaler next to the shooter to catch people who rush it on their second try, it's tough to notice in the chaos of the moment.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

man nurse posted:

Careful, people are gonna cartwheel in now to tell you why it’s actually bad and that you weren’t having fun

In all seriousness, I think it’s an okay game. Certainly good by Star Wars standards. The dark soul lite elements mix nicely with the exploration and uncharted parkour and all that. Very nicely presented story. It always throws me when people act like the game murdered their close friend or something.

The only thing I wasn't really down on was all of the backtracking, hopefully the sequel avoids that. I thought the game was the perfect difficulty. Played it on Xbox Series X, and it did have some stuttering and frame rate problems even though the game launched a year before next-gen. There was also a huge issue with audio sync issues and it ruined the last cutscenes for me. :/ So decided to pre-order on PlayStation 5.

BD-1 in the sequel, builds you a little farm.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

man nurse posted:

I enjoyed Fallen Order quite a bit, my only issue with it was the amount of backtracking. But they added fast travel to Survivor, so that shouldn't be an issue this time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I enjoyed Fallen Order quite a bit, my only issue with it was the amount of backtracking. But they added fast travel to Survivor, so that shouldn't be an issue this time.

Ooh thank gently caress. Fixes all of my complaints right there lmao.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

:eyepop:

Well now I actually want to play it

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

acksplode posted:

The one bullshit map I played put a trap out front placed to kill the harvester right at the start, and I didn't get the significance of that until 5 minutes later when I hit a dead end on a path that I belatedly realized the harvester could not have navigated. Maybe give that a try if you want to be really cruel.

I found a mean trick that works pretty well: wrap the genmat goal in a tight corridor with the genmat at one end of it. Right behind the genmat drop a holocube and behind that a shooter trap. Approaching the genmat clears the holocube and triggers the trap to fire down the length of the corridor. It's like a second wave trap but without the cool down before it's ready. And put an impaler next to the shooter to catch people who rush it on their second try, it's tough to notice in the chaos of the moment.

:gonk: The cruelty is the point.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Legit hope Meet Your Maker takes off because the premise alone is goddamn brilliant. Is there even anything else out there that smartly incentivizes people to get creative and add to the game with rewards? I feel like every time something like this comes out there’s a select few diehards that get waaaaay into it—Dreams anyone—but never enough people to sustain interest long-term.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Meet your Maker sounds like an online Tecmo’s Deception

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

VideoGames posted:

They have a bundle on Steam for like $75 and you can buy the physical edition for about that much on their website. I'd imagine they would have a digital bundle as well.

Edit: Yes there will be a bundle:

quote:

The PS4 version will be available to purchase at a later date. Those of you who buy the games digitally on PlayStation 4 between April 20, 2023 – May 25, 2023 will get a Theme and Avatar for each title purchased. Players who purchase the complete series in the FINAL FANTASY I-VI BUNDLE will receive every Theme and Avatar included with the individual games - a total of six Themes and six Avatars.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cowman posted:

They have a bundle on Steam for like $75 and you can buy the physical edition for about that much on their website. I'd imagine they would have a digital bundle as well.

Edit: Yes there will be a bundle:

Wait, we have to wait an extra day for the bundle?? I'm confused

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Lol that EA's new golf game, which is new consoles only, is capped at 30fps on PS5. Especially when it wants smooth strokes with the stick to swing. I mean, it's golf, what's going on at any given moment that's too stressful for the Frostbite engine?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
The frostbite engine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Individually rendering every blade of grass