Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
the absolute cunts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

yaffle posted:

Horrible though it may seem that's what doctors say to most old people in that position, if they lie down in bed for too long they tend to die of pneumonia.

Oh, well, fair enough....

smellmycheese posted:

Yes. And then stuck him on a flight to Barbados at the height of Covid and killed him

...Ah. well, nevertheless.

Hope you're having a good start to the bank holiday, britthread. It's very sunny in Manchester and there are people out painting their fences and doing their gardens and stuff. Legitimately enough to make me think 'hey this country could be good maybe'. Then I remember poo poo like the asylum barge and think, well, no actually.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Welsh Jesus is going to get them for that :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/reviewwales/status/1644226750472175616

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I guess there's going to be a series of these:

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1644339059215548416

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Keith rolling around in alcoholic night sweats hallucinating the big BAME gunmen coming out of his walls.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Starmer walked straight into this rake

https://twitter.com/EssexPR/status/1644295120315904000

sigh

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Do you think an adult using a sewing-needle on Good Friday should be struck by lightning? Rishi Sunak doesn't.

He is a Not Christian and feeds biscuits to his gods. If you use a sewing-needle on Good Friday Labour will destroy you or your premises.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Do you think people should read books? Jeremy Corbyn does. Since 2010 Jeremy corbyns dangerously ideology has done a million terrorism's

Based on data from the institute for victims of communism

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
If you look at the Labour Party Twitter feed, it's nothing but "TORIES: They allow criminals to do crime. LABOUR: We'll lock 'em up." I guess you can't expect much else from the former DPP, but there's no even the suggestion that they might try to do something that will improve people's lives. Maybe if the country wasn't a shithole and everyone weren't broke there would be fewer crimes happening. Although the ONS says most types of crime are on the decrease anyway.

And I don't know where they're going to lock everyone up, aren't all the prisons bursting at the seams already? Lucky that we're already bringing back prison hulks, just moor HMP Queen Elizabeth in the Thames I guess.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I think we should build a monolithic needle into space and put all our criminals in it

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BazakeMedia/status/1644354969171099650

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Gotta say, blaming the guy who's been PM for like a year for all the decisions you personally made when you were DPP for the Tory party is such a blatantly bullshit move that I almost kind of admire it. The fact that you imply that the Asian PM is a nonce under advisement from Peter Mandelson is just the darkest cherry on the poo poo frosted cake.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
This was reported a few months ago, I wonder if keiths incredible political skills will cause it to resurface

quote:

Sikh members have made a complaint to the party after <Labour MP Preet Gill> sent a series of messages on a WhatsApp group that appeared to cast doubt on allegations of sexual abuse within gurdwaras.

In the messages, which have been seen by the Guardian, Gill says those calling Sikh temples unsafe are using “very dangerous language” and urges them to submit written apologies to their gurdwaras. One member of the group said she was “disgusted” by the comments, calling them “unforgivable”.
x

She also took Keith to pose for photographs in front of pictures of terrorists :lol:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Green Wing posted:

Oh, well, fair enough....

...Ah. well, nevertheless.

Hope you're having a good start to the bank holiday, britthread. It's very sunny in Manchester and there are people out painting their fences and doing their gardens and stuff. Legitimately enough to make me think 'hey this country could be good maybe'. Then I remember poo poo like the asylum barge and think, well, no actually.

Well, I have covid so I'd say my bank holiday is off to a rubbish start.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Well, I have covid so I'd say my bank holiday is off to a rubbish start.

Hope you feel better soon. I just started a new job last week while recovering from a cold so at least I have the long weekend to recover

That Fucking Sned fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 7, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Rishi Sunak will do nothing about mutant beavers threatening Ed Balls. Labour will put them all in prison.
https://twitter.com/PulpLibrarian/status/1644303785399918594

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Labour are so poo poo. Goddamn. Just full on turbo judge dredd mode, but without all the fun drugs and outfits. Just a sad bowl of overcooked eggs and some rotting turnips to look forwards to.

Least its a nice day out, as I hide inside and read about US politics instead.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Paul cattermole has died, rip. I don't know if anyone with the hilarious sclub7 redtexts are around anymore but if so please post an f to pay respects.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
yeah, this one's going great:
https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1644279353784561665?cxt=HHwWgsCznYnX09EtAAAA
it rules that the electoral 'choice' on Crime and Justice is between:

Labour: we will obliterate criminals without mercy, unlike that nonce Sunak who loves crime (because he's a nonce)

Tories: we will obliterate criminals without mercy, unlike Labour who love (((animalistic thugs))) so much that they won't even deport them to jamaica where they belong

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

starting to think this country may be heading in a bad direction

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

StarkingBarfish posted:

Paul cattermole has died, rip. I don't know if anyone with the hilarious sclub7 redtexts are around anymore but if so please post an f to pay respects.

If I remember rightly the guy with the S Club 7 red text was goddamnedtwisto, who is also dead. :(

Pressing F for both of them.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jesus Christ

https://twitter.com/singharj/status/1644349436120690688?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Please pray for Graham, he's given himself that disorder that the vampires in Carpe Jugulem got when they spent so much time obsessing over religious symbols that they started seeing crosses and stars and aums everywhere in normal patterns, but for transphobia.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Glad that we went through five years of screeching horror at Corbyn to land at the position of "It's fine when we do it".

loving Burn Britain to the ground and start over.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Gonzo McFee posted:

Gotta say, blaming the guy who's been PM for like a year for all the decisions you personally made when you were DPP for the Tory party is such a blatantly bullshit move that I almost kind of admire it. The fact that you imply that the Asian PM is a nonce under advisement from Peter Mandelson is just the darkest cherry on the poo poo frosted cake.

but it's backfired because he's a vapid oval office who's useless at politics

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Maugrim posted:

If I remember rightly the guy with the S Club 7 red text was goddamnedtwisto, who is also dead. :(

thanks - it was bugging me where i remembered him from

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ken reminding everyone about when he was DPP in promos is great, not like there's a huge right-wing meme about him being DPP when there were multiple dropped allegations against Savile.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ken reminding everyone about when he was DPP in promos is great, not like there's a huge right-wing meme about him being DPP when there were multiple dropped allegations against Savile.

I thought he took over shortly after Savile wasn't prosecuted.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Maugrim posted:

Aww poo poo. I'd forgotten it was twisto, and now I'm sad.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh I'm not arguing if he was or not, it's a really common attack line from gammons, whether it's true or not. It's just weird of him to be boasting about it.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Jedit posted:

I thought he took over shortly after Savile wasn't prosecuted.

The refusal to prosecute the Rotherham gang was under his watch though, according to some news article I read.

I wonder why the Tories suddenly started bringing it up again.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ken reminding everyone about when he was DPP is like me reminding everyone that i'm from Northern Ireland... it's the only interesting thing in our lives and we can't loving stop talking about it. :razz:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just Another Lurker posted:

Ken reminding everyone about when he was DPP is like me reminding everyone that i'm from Northern Ireland... it's the only interesting thing in our lives and we can't loving stop talking about it. :razz:

His dad was a toolmaker

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Just Another Lurker posted:

It's part of a three pronged approach - he's a prosecutor, his dad was a toolmaker and Labour is the party of business and NATO.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

His dad was a toolmaker

Too self evident for me to even mention it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Didn't his dad manage a toolmaking factory, i.e. he's about as working class as that pizza guy.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Green Wing posted:

I think I purged this bit from my memory, but did they literally say to their elderly relative who just had surgery during a pandemic 'go and walk around the loving garden 100 times'? lmao

same family

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Geraint_1966/status/1644376856215400448

I lol'd

e:

I have some horror images etched into my mind from the Captain Tom days. This is one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

https://twitter.com/bbcmtd/status/1255823240536248322