Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

TotalLossBrain posted:

That's very funny given how dog poo poo Titter's video service is. I don't click on any video links, they are always slow no matter how long you wait

Their volume controls are so finicky and annoying that I don’t think I’ve ever taken them off mute for the 5 seconds of video I get before it starts buffering forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

PhazonLink posted:

is Taibi really 53 years old?

no loving way two 50 year old dudes and their broken brains think that birdposting is the most important thing in the whole universe of existence.

Midlife crises are getting sick and weird. I blame all the microservices in the drinking internet.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Twitter employee: We are making it easier to report harassment

Elon: But we ain't going do poo poo about it! :elon:

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

kazil posted:

Musk and Co.: taking Ls and losing Ws

the W stands for Wives

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

He lies. I was banned for "targeted harassment" for making a single reply post to Dinesh.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Defacing the exterior sign was the only way to get Elon a big W.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Defacing the exterior sign was the only way to get Elon a big W.

He didn’t even take the W, in true Elon style he went out of his way to make the W disappear

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The official policy is if you respond to harassment it is now a "free speech discussion" and thus isn't harassment, great
https://twitter.com/ellagirwin/status/1644217916454502400

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

E the Shaggy posted:

Funny how Biden asking Twitter, with Biden not being President at the time mind you, to take down dick pics of his son is so news worthy for Taibbi but Trump demanding Chrissy Tiegen be banned, as the sitting President, doesn’t warrant one of the 867 Twitter Files.

it's me, i'm the guy given all the documents from elon musk and somehow when searching for "POTUS", "WHITE HOUSE", "BIDEN" somehow missed Donald J Trump being called a PUSSY rear end BITCH, whining about it, and using the State to get it taken down

i'm a journalist.
---
now to be fair, maybe elon didn't give you _that_ document. which means at this point he's trying to sabotage your career/integrity and you should immediately out him and stop working on something that's damaging your reputation. you shouldn't fall in love with him and slip it in when you're getting owned by mehdi

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Piell posted:

The official policy is if you respond to harassment it is now a "free speech discussion" and thus isn't harassment, great
https://twitter.com/ellagirwin/status/1644217916454502400
I see Twitter taking the lead from my middle school.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Entropic posted:

At least half the ads I see on Twitter now appear to be from one big network of accounts that all look like that one: All named “@[random made up two syllable word]store” with auto-generated looking profile images all using the same post wording to link to storefronts selling random gimmicky gadgets or toys that if they actually exist are probably marked up crap from AliExpress.

And you definitely see different store names pop up with the same product in the ad, I’ve see the making GBS threads dogs puzzle a bunch of times.

Musk Thread: I’ve see the making GBS threads dogs puzzle a bunch of times.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Twitter's dying, Cloud!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Strong Sauce posted:

it's me, i'm the guy given all the documents from elon musk and somehow when searching for "POTUS", "WHITE HOUSE", "BIDEN" somehow missed Donald J Trump being called a PUSSY rear end BITCH, whining about it, and using the State to get it taken down

i'm a journalist.
---
now to be fair, maybe elon didn't give you _that_ document. which means at this point he's trying to sabotage your career/integrity and you should immediately out him and stop working on something that's damaging your reputation. you shouldn't fall in love with him and slip it in when you're getting owned by mehdi

From that interview with Hasan, you can tell he's trying to make himself into the next Ben Shapiro/Michael Knowles but Taibbi is a loving horrible talker and keeps tripping over himself.

Also:

https://twitter.com/abrahamjoseph/status/1644382027045535748?s=20

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

E the Shaggy posted:

From that interview with Hasan, you can tell he's trying to make himself into the next Ben Shapiro/Michael Knowles but Taibbi is a loving horrible talker and keeps tripping over himself.

It's also really pitiful how Taibbi keeps trying to hadouken his way out of a corner by going THAT'S RICH COMING FROM MSNBC, YOU SCREWED UP ON THIS AND THIS, WHAT ABOUT HUNTER BIDEN HUH??? RUSSIAGATE!!!

He just comes across like someone who's never actually been in an adversarial interview before and has no idea how to handle it or how not to look like a total dweeb who's having rings run around him by someone who's orders of magnitude better at marshaling thoughts and citing facts off the cuff, or just like ... preparing

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
It's especially hilarious because if he was prepared and had done good journalism, this would have been a great way to signal boost. As it is though, the pathetic flailing and whataboutism comes across extremely poorly, because Taibbi should be focusing on his own work because that's what the segment on a national network is about. Trying to pivot to unrelated topics is frankly incredibly stupid even before you get to how badly he tried to do it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1644400117036851208

eat poo poo Taibbi lol

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens
Ooof, this is just a day of big old L's for Taibbi, he's gonna have to take one eventually. The increase in his Substack followers was the whole reason he did the Twitter files, or at least that's the reasoning he used when asked why he wasn't being paid for his schtick. Taibbi or not Taibbi, that's the question

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i am actually surprised that elon has not added react emojis to tweets.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It's old but Matt has had a reputation of being an angsty little bitch

Which is why you should take a moment out of your daily routine of making GBS threads on Elon to send some pithy tweets Matt's way

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/KatzOnEarth/status/1644371929011220480
lol elon's Substack word filter is so aggressive that even mentioning the official Substack Twitter account will disable interactions. This is so dumb

.random
May 7, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

i am actually surprised that elon has not added react emojis to tweets.

They’re looking to monetize them, Reddit award-style

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Seethe and cope Matt, it's delicious.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh my word Matt has woken up and is resuming the tweetstorm , we're talking minutes between tweets

He's become true Elonspawn :allears:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Who is outside my house yelling at me to take an L? I will never take an L

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Songbearer posted:

Oh my word Matt has woken up and is resuming the tweetstorm , we're talking minutes between tweets

He's become true Elonspawn :allears:

This is how you know he's absolutely not mad. People who are mad wouldn't type so many words so no human has ever been more not-mad than Mad Taibbi

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I dunno. He sure has tweeted a bunch. Maybe he is right?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

elon i showed you my substack please respond

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

"I'm going to keep punching my balls until you stop making fun of me"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1644422217315368960

https://twitter.com/patsatweetin/status/1644054040718856202

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Holy poo poo chatgpt that one slaps

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1644347875608985600?s=46&t=NcYZVtoPeX6rG9flHBMFfg

Good job Elmon

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

It's a huge screaming klaxon. I used to think (when I was, like, a teenager) that being "right" was the way to be liked and respected; that if you amass knowledge and can prove that you know the most and are able to prove the other person wrong, you'll somehow have "won" and you'll be popular. It wasn't until embarrassingly late in life that I really internalized the experience of admitting that I was wrong about something, and having people like and respect me more because of it.

Thing is, most of these people don't really exist in real life, it's like 99% internet and TV stuff. All you gotta do is turn that off (or put the legwork into blocking a ton of shitbags) and poof, problem gone.

They aren't going out on the street corner ranting about whatever, there is no money in that. You'll still get your true believer street preacher (I like my "LAKE OF FIRE, LAKE OF FIRE" guy), but those ones are not in it for the money or power and can just be ignored.

But yeah, back to your main point, "I don't really know enough about that to say." And "that sounds interesting, tell me more/I'll look it up." Gets you a hell of a lot further than trying to be the smartest most talky person in the room.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

loving :lol:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Help help I'm being owned by a not even sentient language model prediction thing.

Well, surely it is the language model who is wrong. I'm okay now. I am strong.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1644431280417697794

Matt Taibbi just announced he's leaving Twitter for Substack Notes lol

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

No more Twitter files? :ohdear:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol to be fly on the digital wall of the twitter DM of Musk somehow savaging Tabi

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
lol this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wow this might be the most pathetic turn of events and that’s impressive

So much dick riding and that’s what it got you