Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Says you. I am hopping through dimensions, traveling parallel universes like Quantum Leap until I find my home, where the word is spelled seperate and not separate.

leaping into the zipline builder to prevent it from being used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Says you. I am hopping through dimensions, traveling parallel universes like Quantum Leap until I find my home, where the word is spelled seperate and not separate.

sliders was the one about parallel universes, unless the new QL changes from Bellisario's coiled-piece-of-string pitch it's just funky time stuff.

or is that part of your curse

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TheSwizzler posted:

leaping into the zipline builder to prevent it from being used

What if the zipline one is like the Lee Harvey Oswald two-parter and Sam has to go through with it?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

symbolic posted:

i have never had a more harsh smack via the Mandela Effect than when someone pointed out to me it's Balan Wonderworld, and not Wonderland

Wtf

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Cthulu Carl posted:

What if the zipline one is like the Lee Harvey Oswald two-parter and Sam has to go through with it?

in the original timeline a future president was atomized by the zipline

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

watching the zipline footage while saying back and to the left

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

"Sam, Ziggy says you gotta take the drugs inside the house then take that nap"

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/G3J89mG.mp4

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

This isn't directed at you specifically but the Mandela Effect is bull talk. Wow, you misremembered something. Get a grip.

I agree that the actual multiple dimensions aspect is all nonsense but I like hearing about people mass misremembering something. I did the same thing with the genie movie and it was fun. I don't think I hoped through dimensions though, I'm aware I'm just an idiot.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Final Fantasy 8 was very cruel to teenage me, because it had a major plot event with seperate versions dictated by whether you interacted with a random magazine lying around at a third location during an unrelated exploration segment.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Cthulu Carl posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought you were joking until I googled it.

Reminds me of Roddenberry's idea for an episode that Spock had to time travel to Dallas to pull the shot off from the grassy knoll for some reason to preserve time. Never mind they had already done the same premise in City on the Edge of Forever. (Oops, trap sprung!)

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Spanish Manlove posted:

I feel bad for him. It's such a level of stupid that it's probably clinical and not really something he can fix by watching a YouTube video on how to press 1 then 2 then 3 then 1 then 2 then 4 then sometimes 5 or 6.

Yeah, my impression was that he's someone who's just psychologically incapable of accepting being wrong. Not just admitting it; lots of prideful people will get poo poo on, fade into the background like a cuttlefish, and come back a little less clueless. Just unable to even detect that he'd hosed up. I cannot imagine going through life like that. If he were less of a moron would he be, like, a cult leader, or just more complexly wrong about everything?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Admiralty Flag posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought you were joking until I googled it.

Just LOL that Donald Bellisaro had a beef with Oswald

"According to Bellisario, he encountered—and nearly got into a fight with—Lee Harvey Oswald in 1958 at a supply shed at Marine Air Control Squadron 9 because Oswald was reading Pravda, which offended Bellisario."

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

thinking about the time phil played the re2 remake on hardcore and after dying to the first zombie multiple times concluded that the entire section was a puzzle

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thinking about the time phil played the re2 remake on hardcore and after dying to the first zombie multiple times concluded that the entire section was a puzzle

Phil ftw.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

wanted to make a joke about the Bioshock Infinite puzzle note but it just shows the silhouettes of a gun, a bullet, and a zombie, and i stumbled upon the most deranged poo poo i've seen in a while

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

People being amazingly terrible at games is always funny. I remember someone did a deep dive on the people who just give up on the proving ground in WoW, which basically just is a test to see if you know what you're supposed to be doing. Like, can healers heal, can tanks move enemies around, keep them off party members, survive big hits. Can dps players focus on 1 target when they need to? Can they move while doing damage?

Since its so basic, they gated all the endgame stuff behind it. And it turns out there's a lot of people who can't pass the barest minimum check. A lot of those people just quit, because they rightly determine the game isn't for them. Some people are like 6 years old and just like the shiny animations. And some people have played for thousands and thousands of hours, and have hundreds of posts on the official forums because they've been playing for years and panic whenever there's combat and just hit a single button over and over, or are hardcore roleplaying as a pacifist or some poo poo.

I was watching my brother play the fan patch of Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun, and there's a mission very early on where you have 1 hour to make a small base, make some guys, rush the enemy base, and kill 1 building to win the mission. He somehow missed the mission objective, and started a very long, losing battle trying to clear out the entire enemy base. He managed to stick it out for almost the whole hour, complaining about how something must be wrong with the game because 5th story mission is not supposed to be this hard! While even walking past the building he was supposed to destroy.

The best is when they go on ranting about some kind of issue with the game, and manage to make several pages worth of posts before accidentally revealing they have some stupid mod, or are playing the game with a DDR pad, or are trying to play the game on their smart fridge or can't read numbers.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

phil playing the re4 remake and after an hour of dying in the village finally finds the house with the shotgun and declares that this is different than the remake where you also find a house with a shotgun under the same circumstances

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

phil rules

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

phil playing the re4 remake and after an hour of dying in the village finally finds the house with the shotgun and declares that this is different than the remake where you also find a house with a shotgun under the same circumstances

lmfao

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

DSP is a comedic genius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj0N-GJZLMc

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The Machinima intro is what really makes it a masterpiece. The seal of quality.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Paladinus posted:

The Machinima intro is what really makes it a masterpiece. The seal of quality.

Those MCNs were run by some of the most ruthless people in the world, literally empty suits who's entire business plan was to legally scam a bunch of teenagers into making content for pennies and it worked for like a decade before imploding the moment a real company bought it and took a look.

Hearty lol that AT&T bought it, then later nuked the entire thing because it was basically a minefield of copyright infringement and 00s internet gamer humor.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 7, 2023

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

A Moose posted:

the proving ground in WoW, which basically just is a test to see if you know what you're supposed to be doing. Like, can healers heal, can tanks move enemies around, keep them off party members, survive big hits. Can dps players focus on 1 target when they need to? Can they move while doing damage?

Since its so basic, they gated all the endgame stuff behind it.
When did they put this in the game? I quit back in 2009 or so and your post has done more to make me want to go back than anything else I've seen about the game since.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Nuns with Guns posted:

tl;dr the fake username "rear end Focused Cenobite" made me laugh.

Mods? Please?

Marcade posted:

The Lament Constipation

Oh man this is good, too.

I was good at Snake, Rattle, n Roll except for the boss which is near-impossible to beat. I didn’t have the reflexes (or turbo controller) decades ago and I sure don’t have them now. But it was a blessing because I recently found the “U Can Beat Video Games” YouTube via the forums and it’s very competent old school video game guides. Turns out the ending of SRnR promised a sequel that never happened. So at a young age I learned to accept just because I couldn’t beat the game didn’t mean I was bad at it instead of carrying disappointment waiting on a sequel.

I guess that’s why I gave a few thousand hours in The Binding of Isaac but only ever managed Delirium a couple times and will never 100% it. Still had fun though!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I just came across this saga in GIP, does anyone have any more information?

psydude posted:

Yep. Posted about the Air Force's nuclear detonation monitoring program (like how they detect underground tests and poo poo). It wound up drawing a conspicuous amount of foreign traffic to the forum, to the point where the admins had to make GiP members only.

He stopped posting one day, and then came back a few years later to say that he had been arrested by counter intelligence regarding it. I don't think he was ever formally prosecuted, but it basically ruined his career. Some time after that, a former roommate posted that he'd killed himself.

That's loving tragic :(

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

there was another goon whose kids were frightened of the ai in mario party and wouldnt play it for fear of losing

This made me remember the polar opposite: kids who love Bloodborne bosses

U-DO Burger posted:

My wedding anniversary was last month so I was showing our wedding album to my kids. My 6-year-old daughter looked at the photos and asked about what her mother was wearing. We explained that it's a veil, that you can see through it, and women often wear them for-

"You're wearing the same thing the queen boss in Bloodborne wears!"

I tensed up, and my wife gave me a very pointed look. My daughter happily grabbed the strategy guide and flipped to Yharnam. She was right!

My 4-year-old son's impression: "Her dress is very messy."

father of the year, right here :slick:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Admiralty Flag posted:

When did they put this in the game? I quit back in 2009 or so and your post has done more to make me want to go back than anything else I've seen about the game since.

I quit around 2016 but they added that in 2015, I think. You couldn't queue for heroic dungeons or I think LFR difficulty raids unless you could do at least silver, which wasn't hard.

poo poo, LFR was in 2011. Looking For Raid is 25-man raids that you can queue for and they're much easier than normal.

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Proving grounds was removed a couple expansions ago iirc

lmao, wow

A Moose fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 7, 2023

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Proving grounds was removed a couple expansions ago iirc

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Nuns with Guns has accepted a full moderator role to help Rhino out with this thread during his off-hours. They are planning to stick to just moderating this thread for now. Please reach out to Nuns or Rhino with Legends/Sagas type issues (or use the report button!). :tipshat:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
PG was added in mists of pandaria, so it was 2012-2013. They added the silver heroic dungeon requirement in Warlords of Draenor in 2014 I'm pretty sure.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Thanks Prag.
Thrag.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

this may be surprising for some to learn but i only played world of warcraft very briefly and never got into it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUAI6ABS3-U

classic wow servers ftw

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
world of wankshaft

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Tenkaris posted:

Ahh yes, the razer naga

Someone link the Kirk thread

HOLD ON TO YOUR loving BALLS IT'S A NEW THING FROM RAZER

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this may be surprising for some to learn but i only played world of warcraft very briefly and never got into it

Same

If you look down and see the treadmill the entire desire to play evaporates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the most fun i had in wow and the only real memory i have of playing it was using the flute to make roleplayers dance uncontrollably and having people threaten to murder me irl over it through /tell