Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I mean, it's also just a side effect of the fact that the comic usually focuses on one or two sets of characters at a time, while having twelve billion different little cliques. Raven popped back up after vanishing for like three years or whatever. She'll come back around, either weirdly horny or adorkable. Just like Emily, Dale and Marigold and May and Momo, Clinton and Himbo, Yay and Roko and Lemon, Punchbot, Marten's BDSM mom and baker dad and the kid and the NB with a huge crush on the kid, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Meanwhile, what Coyote is saying (not that Coyote, the one in A Girl and Her Fed) is such a nice compliment and so completely in line with my own thoughts on Tate that I'm almost tricked into not noticing that it's a complete dereliction of personal responsibility.

Silentlocke
Feb 13, 2008
Hey there people, I was digging through an old external drive and found a backup of Templar, AZ up through Book 5 page 130. Here's a link for anyone interested.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Silentlocke posted:

Hey there people, I was digging through an old external drive and found a backup of Templar, AZ up through Book 5 page 130. Here's a link for anyone interested.

omg thank you!! I've been missing having access to this. It was my absolute favorite in college.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
It's still one of my favorites. I bought what books I could find, but that series stopped on a hell of a cliffhanger even before the updates stopped.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I had a Reclamation shirt back in the day. It was loving awesome.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Regarding Clown Corps: drat. That seems like a big twist. Time to go back and reread so I can remember how it fits in.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Fairmeadow today gave us one hell of a reaction image for implicitly admitting war crimes.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Catching up with Evan Dahm's new comic, 3rd Voice, really digging it so far. I'm always a sucker for post-apoc stuff.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Edit:Wrong thread.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I've mostly tried to stop plugging my own poo poo because I know it gets tedious but god dammit, I have been putting in work, and I am proud

read MDA, I'm told it's a webcomic

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Catching up with Evan Dahm's new comic, 3rd Voice, really digging it so far. I'm always a sucker for post-apoc stuff.

What’s that? An excuse to reread everything Evan dahm has ever posted on the internet? Don’t mind if I do :unsmigghh:

Actually though the ‘extras’ page of the site is currently just an under construction gif but I recall that at one point there was some info on Overside and a short comic about… a prisoner being exiled to the arctic pole? Maybe? Anyone else remember that?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

HookedOnChthonics posted:

What’s that? An excuse to reread everything Evan dahm has ever posted on the internet? Don’t mind if I do :unsmigghh:

Actually though the ‘extras’ page of the site is currently just an under construction gif but I recall that at one point there was some info on Overside and a short comic about… a prisoner being exiled to the arctic pole? Maybe? Anyone else remember that?

Yeah, there were like a dozen or so. There was that one, one where TOE finds a wooden punchcard thinking machine, one where TOE and Calabash are searching for one of the blue floating guys, a super brief proto-Vattu sort of story about an empire falling after the servant class rebels, lots of stuff.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Ugh yes for sure, that rings the bell entirely

Hope those go back up eventually

the rest of this post is just for plugging ffak, please read ffak

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I tried binging ffak a few years back but I read too much in one day and felt my brain fizzling. I really should get back on it but I'll have to pace myself this time.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Thanks for the reminders about 3rd Voice! Back when the trailer dropped I don't think RSS was set up yet (or I was a fool and missed it), so I never spotted when the comic started. Caught up just now, added the RSS.

This will be my first time reading a Dahm story 'live' online. On a recommendation, I bought the print version of Rice Boy sight-unseen, and loved it so much that I committed myself to also reading Order of Tales in book form first, when that dropped. Then the same for Vattu... I eventually broke down and bought the first three books instead of waiting for the entire thing, and am waiting on the fourth book to read the ending.

The pitch for 3rd Voice made it seem like I'd be going at cross purposes with the work to attempt the same thing again, so here I am stepping through a portal into the present day.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Now seems like a good time to plug one of my favorite webcomics in my youth - Framed!

It died in 2006 and I have missed it ever since. Damonk, gone but not forgotten.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Wilde Life: 23 is little :corsair:

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The Lackadaisy short film is finally out. It's pretty cool imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vffu6FG4YP4

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Splicer posted:

Wilde Life: 23 is little :corsair:

I do wonder if there was an audience response that made the author want to clarify that this character that was introduced naked is in fact an adult.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tenebrais posted:

I do wonder if there was an audience response that made the author want to clarify that this character that was introduced naked is in fact an adult.

Honestly it was probably just to stop speculation she was gonna end up with Clifford.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tenebrais posted:

My sense of scale for this comic is weirdly messed up, for some reason I keep thinking Oscar is 6 6, everyone else is 6 foot+, and therfore she's a perfectly average sized adult human woman.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Everything about Oscar's design feels very tall, it's true. Like it would be wrong for him not to be one of those lanky-rear end guys who towers over me by more than a foot.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
literally just some enormous guy

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I sometimes check up on what webcomics are doing that I've long stopped following.

:ohdear:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I don't know what comic that is, but that's tragic. Hell.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

It's DMFA. It has been running since 1999 and grew out of Furcadia. Calling it niche is probably an understatement.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time. I hope things go well for her.

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
Ten Earth Shattering Blows is back from hiatus

https://twitter.com/Nuclearpasta1/status/1641112606436884480

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Antigravitas posted:

It's DMFA. It has been running since 1999 and grew out of Furcadia. Calling it niche is probably an understatement.

Wow. This post slapped me in the face and aged me a decade. I haven't heard Furcadia since before I joined the Army.

And I hope they take all the time they need. DMFA is one of the longest runners out there, a true part of weird internet history.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Ugh yes for sure, that rings the bell entirely

Hope those go back up eventually

This reminded me that I actually have copies of some of these, Even was doing a pay what you want thing for a digital download of his complete works during the pandemic. Here you go!

Tusks - This is the proto-Vattu one
Thinker - The One Electronic meets a wooden punchcard thinking machine
Tethered Isle - TOE and Cal visit the place where the unweight flowers grow
Settling Down - Cal buys a home
Jewel of Brambool - Standalone adventure(?) in the riceboy universe

I remember there being another one where TOE and Cal were in a tundra but I don't see it here, maybe it came out later?

Anyway, if this is crossing a line I'll take it down, but I figure it's cool since this was all free on the site before, and presumable will be again once the new site's finished.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Antigravitas posted:

Oh poo poo, I have fond memories of DMFA and that's been on my "read once finished" list for as long as I've had that list. Fingers crossed for her.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ToxicFrog posted:

Oh poo poo, I have fond memories of DMFA and that's been on my "read once finished" list for as long as I've had that list. Fingers crossed for her.

Ordinarily I would have said it would never finish but it appears that injury will force it sooner or later

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

It's weird to remember she's married to Tailsteak. I wish her the best in health and recovery. These two sentences are not related or connected.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tenebrais posted:

No but Golden Boar just had exactly that happen. Latest comic by the Monster Pulse lady, she had to clarify the protagonist was not in high school due to the increasing sexualization of her interactions with a giant white naked middle aged looking beast man.

Because basically everyone reading the comic read her as high school age :v:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
and to think, they used to say character profile pages were useless for a webcomic

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Snake Maze posted:

This reminded me that I actually have copies of some of these, Even was doing a pay what you want thing for a digital download of his complete works during the pandemic. Here you go!

Tusks - This is the proto-Vattu one
Thinker - The One Electronic meets a wooden punchcard thinking machine
Tethered Isle - TOE and Cal visit the place where the unweight flowers grow
Settling Down - Cal buys a home
Jewel of Brambool - Standalone adventure(?) in the riceboy universe

I remember there being another one where TOE and Cal were in a tundra but I don't see it here, maybe it came out later?

Anyway, if this is crossing a line I'll take it down, but I figure it's cool since this was all free on the site before, and presumable will be again once the new site's finished.

Bless :yaycat:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Never Satisfied is going on a break. :( Completely understand why and I hope the creator is able to come back to it later, but I'm sad it's not going to be in my regular feed now.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vffu6FG4YP4

Blimey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait