Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
This is why the Witness' forces think Guardians are all Jeffrey Dahmers folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Isn't Oryx still drifting aimlessly in space, like Kars?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/g89wk5/i_figured_out_whether_oryx_has_hit_saturn_or_not/

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

haveblue posted:

They do have the tech to give you a pad you can decorate, Beyond Light let you collect trophies in the little igloo next to Exo Stranger. Maybe they thought that was a failed experiment or not worth the effort for the later expansions?

There's a similar spot on Neomuna where you place the action figures.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, good point, I guess that’s the same thing. In Beyond Light most story quests gave you little relevant trinkets though. And clearing DSC gives you Taniks’s head, lol

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Collectibles that you place in a spot have been a thing all last year. There's the Witch Queen moths you place behind Fynch, and the Haunted Calus bobbleheads you placed in the helm. I don't remember if there's others, I'm not counting the nezarec parts from Plunder since they weren't hidden

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Hackan Slash posted:

Collectibles that you place in a spot have been a thing all last year. There's the Witch Queen moths you place behind Fynch, and the Haunted Calus bobbleheads you placed in the helm. I don't remember if there's others, I'm not counting the nezarec parts from Plunder since they weren't hidden

The Seraph music boxes

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

but oryx didn't just poof into existence falling directly into saturn's gravity well, he was knocked away from the dreadnought which is in orbit around saturn, so he'd end up in a (pretty slowly decaying) orbit

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Tried doing the Prophecy dungeon solo. I like the mechanics and it's a beautiful place, but I quit on the first boss after dying too many times to "the boss has randomly decided from the other side of the arena that you are going into the pit now."

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Maybe in their next game Bungie can branch out and add in some MMO-like staples. Like:

Fishing minigames
Pointlessly decorating your player apartment that nobody ever visits but you
An actual barber
I´d legit love it if Bungie were to give us a goddamn barber and a private space where all our trophies hang on display, similar to the one we had on the Leviathan in one of the earlier seasons.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Bleck posted:

Tried doing the Prophecy dungeon solo. I like the mechanics and it's a beautiful place, but I quit on the first boss after dying too many times to "the boss has randomly decided from the other side of the arena that you are going into the pit now."

Were you using Osteo Striga or Witherhoard? It's a lot easier to keep an eye on the boss when all the adds are gone.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Kith posted:

gonna land on oryx's corpse and mine it out for crafting materials

Hardspace Wormbreaker

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I reran the Parasite storyline post-WQ campaign and it's probably one of my favorite in the game

The right amount of difficulty and a good reward at the end

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

No i mean like battlegrounds amount of dudes attacking the wall. Patrol is pretty lame with 3 dregs getting dropped off.

Battlegrounds are pretty great, going ham with solar titan last night, really shines when in melee range of the mobs trying to dogpile on your sunspots. Had 300 kills and over 100 orbs generated. It's just the right difficulty, tons of dudes to explode, loadout flexible.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

neutral milf hotel posted:

I reran the Parasite storyline post-WQ campaign and it's probably one of my favorite in the game

The right amount of difficulty and a good reward at the end

there should have been a time trial for the CARRY ME mission

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bleck posted:

It's this. Can I kill that Wyvern in five loving minutes of nonstop shooting where it can OHKO me? Yes.

Do I want to do that? No.

After grinding Strand Meditations last night, I agree with this, but I still don't blame it on the way Neomuna is tuned, I blame it on Wyverns being a loving mistake.

Terminal Overload isn't even that bad, but the part where it's a constant stream of Wyverns and Fanatics is just a loving headache.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

MJeff posted:

After grinding Strand Meditations last night, I agree with this, but I still don't blame it on the way Neomuna is tuned, I blame it on Wyverns being a loving mistake.

Terminal Overload isn't even that bad, but the part where it's a constant stream of Wyverns and Fanatics is just a loving headache.

I still have no idea what will stagger a Wyvern at this point and make them show a weak spot. It just seems completely random.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Stasis is the way to go for wyverns, if nothing else it slows them down. Strand would work too but there’s no strand fusions (yet) that compete with good ol’ Chill Clip Riptide.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lord Packinham posted:

I still have no idea what will stagger a Wyvern at this point and make them show a weak spot. It just seems completely random.

It seems to be nothing more than burst damage to the face but no one's really settled on a 100% reliable way to do that. And I'm pretty sure the new stun resistance and light handicap activity modifiers are also raising the threshold for opening the spot

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 7, 2023

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Suspend works well on Wyverns, making them show their crit spot. I do also like a chill clip fusion to freeze them if they get too close.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Wyverns are weird and take less damage from Weapons but normal damage from Abilities

Slop 'em up with some grenades or supers!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I have found Wyverns easy to stagger by simply shooting them in the face with the Fighting Lion. Granted, this doesn't work for ones with Galvanized, also known as Total Horseshit, but nothing works for that.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
i just whip out my thunderlord and pray

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Leviathan also solves this like so many other problems

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

leviathan's breath whips rear end and if i could have a second exotic weapon it'd be that

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
I've also been trying out Leviathan's Breath thanks to this thread and I think it's my preferred way of dealing with Unstops now, but oof, that catalyst is gonna take a while now that Wrathborn hunts are gone. (I think taking it into a Defiant Battleground made it progress a bit faster, though?)

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Kith posted:

I have found Wyverns easy to stagger by simply shooting them in the face with the Fighting Lion. Granted, this doesn't work for ones with Galvanized, also known as Total Horseshit, but nothing works for that.

On that topic, void warlock seems like the prime candidate to become a fighting lion main. FL and Ophidian Aspect, maybe a Hung Jury or whatever the flavor of the month primary. It’s be double primary, but unless I’m using WH I never get kills with special ammo :shrug:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

On that topic, void warlock seems like the prime candidate to become a fighting lion main. FL and Ophidian Aspect, maybe a Hung Jury or whatever the flavor of the month primary. It’s be double primary, but unless I’m using WH I never get kills with special ammo :shrug:

YES YOU ARE CORRECT AND I WILL DIE MAD ABOUT IT THANKS FOR ASKING.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I'm loving around with Strand Warlock and lmao, I'm sure Osteo + Necrotic + Mindspun is well trodden ground at this point, since I found out about it from a youtube video, but I did not know how absolutely insane its orb-spawning potential was. I cannot actually believe Firepower works with consuming your grenade with Mindspun Invocation. Reaper + Firepower + Kinetic Siphon = drop your rift, kill one enemy, everything in the room dies and vomits orbs everywhere. Good lord, this rules.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kith posted:

You can’t just solve every issue with Fighting Lion!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

you can stagger Invulnerable enemies, such as the praetorian minotaurs from Vault of Glass, by hitting them with enough explosions. it is one of the methods we used to delay them so we could clear the Master mode Challenge.

ask me how i discovered this fact.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
see this boss? i beat it with Fighting Lion. my sparrow? Fighting Lion. my beautiful husband? Fighting Lion. My perfect teeth? Fighting Lion. now get the gently caress out of my office

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Ophidian Aspects own hugely.

I'm not disagreeing here but just wanna confirm if I'm missing something - Why VOID warlock? Does it have something that leans in to the Fighting Lion combo?

Also is FL still doing (bugged? intentional?) triple damage or something?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

apparently i hit a quarter million kills with it a while back

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

life_source posted:

my sparrow? Fighting Lion

https://www.light.gg/db/items/2803630131/nemean-chariot/

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also is FL still doing (bugged? intentional?) triple damage or something?

yes. however, this has almost no bearing on anything - the only time it genuinely matters is vs. redbar wyverns and gladiators (who take 1 shot instead of 2). while nice to have in those rare niches, its Dick Slappington tier damage is not really relevant otherwise since it's always dealt incredible damage vs. redbars ever since Primary Exotics got that sweet sweet +40% damage boost

Kith fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 7, 2023

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Halibut Barn posted:

I've also been trying out Leviathan's Breath thanks to this thread and I think it's my preferred way of dealing with Unstops now, but oof, that catalyst is gonna take a while now that Wrathborn hunts are gone. (I think taking it into a Defiant Battleground made it progress a bit faster, though?)

Do it in Dares of Eternity, just ground my levithans catalyst and its an easy 10-15% per run with the unlimited heavy.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I really want to use Leviathan's Breath, but that would leave me without a Lemon Arch.

sunday at work posted:

Were you using Osteo Striga or Witherhoard? It's a lot easier to keep an eye on the boss when all the adds are gone.

I don't have Witherhoard (yet), but I'll try it with Osteo later today. If worst comes to worst, I'll ask other people to help me do it the way it's presumably intended to be done.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

For grinding out Special or Heavy catalysts or crafted weapons there's one go to up this week: the A Mysterious Disturbance quest on the Moon. Make your way past the first zone to the plate capturing zone and go to town on endlessly respawning mobs and two quickly respawning Special/Heavy crates. One can do this indefinitely when not capping the plates, obvs. Why doesn't anybody know about this lmao. It's of course matchmade but more often than not you can find yourself alone in there due to ppl leaving fast or simply spawning in alone.

The In The Deep quest on the moon is the best primary ammo grind too.

Moon rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

AccountSupervisor posted:

Do it in Dares of Eternity, just ground my levithans catalyst and its an easy 10-15% per run with the unlimited heavy.

Another good spot for near unlimited heavy/special is the first mission of Shadowkeep if it's a week when it's in rotation. The only problem is other players joining in and actually progressing the capture phase.

I once had the 1st phase bug out and never complete no matter how many mobs you killed. I was able to finish off six or so catalysts in one session.

Edit: ^^^ beaten