Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

American McGay posted:

HITMAN on Game Pass is the World of Assassination version, which contains every level from all the games. It clocks in at 80GB.

For MCC I don’t think there’s a way on console to selectively pick which games you want before it downloads. The only way is to download the entire 120GB package. You might be able to uninstall versions you don’t want at that point, I’m not sure since I don’t have it installed. I know that’s the way it works in the PC version though.

While there's no way to do it OS side, MCC can be launched early in the download once you have the "launch chunk" (which I suspect is just the frontend), and you can thus disable the games as desired before the download has finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm playing Atomic Heart and holy gently caress the main character is annoying lol.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

teagone posted:

I'm playing Atomic Heart and holy gently caress the main character is annoying lol.

He's Squall's older, angrier brother.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

teagone posted:

Yeah but the vending machine makes up for it.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Does anyone play smite. Just started getting into it and having fun, although conquest is full of toxic people.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Majik Ninja posted:

Does anyone play smite. Just started getting into it and having fun, although conquest is full of toxic people.

I got out of it but they gave me free stuff so I'm back in. I also only play Arena because people take conquest WAY to seriously.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just played a bit of EA PGA Tour Trial and it has control stick swinging with no option for 3 click. And there is a weird lag while swinging that fucks up your timing.

Who wants this?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Unlucky7 posted:

I just played a bit of EA PGA Tour Trial and it has control stick swinging with no option for 3 click. And there is a weird lag while swinging that fucks up your timing.

Who wants this?

Sick fucks that would play a golf video game?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lammasu posted:

Sick fucks that would play a golf video game?

Want I wanted was a decent control scheme with my golf game. Don’t know what your scene is.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Who wants this?

Its 30 fps no weather, so I think it just sucks

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I played the Tiger Woods game on Kinect once. It was stupid because you hade to swing away from the screen so you couldn't look at it.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

teagone posted:

:yeah:
I never did finish the game. Gameplay was fine, I just didn't want to play that rear end in a top hat.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It was really offputting. Sgt Cortez from timesplitters 3 still the god fps protag

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Crispy critters!

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
It is honestly amazing just how big an rear end in a top hat he is.

The gently caress this, gently caress all of you ending just makes far more sense because he's such a giant prick.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

MarcusSA posted:

21 years later I found my Xbox live Beta testers memory card.

OG Xbox represent.

I still have my “I Have Great Hands” tshirt from that beta.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Looks like MS is nuking emulators. Farewell, Series S as an amazing retro gaming console.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2023/04/microsoft-crackdown-disables-emulators-downloaded-to-xbox-consoles/

e: It sounds like dev mode still works, but who knows how long that will last. Article has a quote from the RetroArch dev(s) throwing in the towel on Xbox.

Azathoth Prime fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 7, 2023

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Azathoth Prime posted:

Looks like MS is nuking emulators. Farewell, Series S as an amazing retro gaming console.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2023/04/microsoft-crackdown-disables-emulators-downloaded-to-xbox-consoles/

e: It sounds like dev mode still works, but who knows how long that will last. Article has a quote from the RetroArch dev(s) throwing in the towel on Xbox.

They won't and can't remove anything from devmode by definition. This is just Windows store apps that were already being removed now just being disabled on accounts as well.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Unlucky7 posted:

Who wants this?

Well EA also released incredibly lovely controls in skateboarding games back in the day so

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah the Xbox emulation guys said they're fully supporting dev mode still.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I wish they'd ditch Frostbite...

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

American McGay posted:

Yeah the Xbox emulation guys said they're fully supporting dev mode still.

So how does this work in practice? Pay MS, get a digital license, and basically dual boot? What else can you do with dev mode besides load emulators?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

BurningBeard posted:

So how does this work in practice? Pay MS, get a digital license, and basically dual boot? What else can you do with dev mode besides load emulators?

Homegrown games, maybe even start a project of your own?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can load anything you want if you’re good enough to code it to run on an Xbox (which I think itself just runs wrapped Windows Store apps).

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

BurningBeard posted:

Devmode is a sandboxed area where you can run development code. So whatever you want.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Sick I am an idiot without talent so I'll just emulate but that's pretty dope to make it so accessible to people.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Azathoth Prime posted:

Man, that sucks. :( My kid was having lots of fun playing really old Mario games on the big screen. I guess I'll install RetroArch on the media center PC I have hooked up as well..

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I can't really blame MS for clamping down on emulators. Nintendo is so protective of their IPs that they bought the rights to the Super Hornio Bros movies.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Honestly, my theory is, considering how long this went on with Microsoft essentially looking the other way, that they're trying to look squeaky clean for regulators before the deal closes.
Not that its logical but considering the octogenarian’s running the US government, I could see the case being made that allowing people to pirate software from competitors is an abuse of position. I'm not saying this makes any sense in the real world.

unattended spaghetti fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 8, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The head of creative on Halo Infinite, who had worked on the first three Halo games has left Microsoft for unknown reasons

https://www.ign.com/articles/joseph-staten-is-leaving-xbox-microsoft-has-confirmed

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don't get why a Halo reboot isn't the obvious thing to do

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Gave EA PGA another try, I still do not like the stick swinging.

That said, apparently they are having the 3 click swing in an 'early' update so I may wait for that.

Now that I am a bit more calm and thinking about it I don't really know why one feels lovely to me and the other feels right. When a ball flies off course in 3 click, I am able to blame myself, but in stick swinging it feels arbitrary. It's was the same in 2K PGA. I just do not get it.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 8, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I don't get why a Halo reboot isn't the obvious thing to do

Because the franchise is dead. No one cares anymore.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Speaking of, is anyone getting some stuttering when turning the camera in Halo Infinite? It's smooth as butter when walking back and forth, but looking around has some kind of stutter. It happened since after one of the last updates this month.

Changing the fps or pov settings doesn't fix it.

It made me uninstall it and reinstall the MCC again, MCC is cool but sadly can't find any BTB games which sucks.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I just started playing the Hitman thing for the first time. Tutorials were nice compact areas, but I'm bit overwhelmed by the first real mission.
Model gala has 29 assassination goals + dozens of other sub-goals. And the map is huge. :stonklol:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Issaries posted:

I just started playing the Hitman thing for the first time. Tutorials were nice compact areas, but I'm bit overwhelmed by the first real mission.
Model gala has 29 assassination goals + dozens of other sub-goals. And the map is huge. :stonklol:

kill your targets. keep an eye out for story prompts your first couple runs. they do a good job leading you thru the maps.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I know this is a longshot venue for this question, but does anyone know how one gets an organization on the list of organizations one can donate their Microsoft rewards to? I was scrolling through it this morning and was surprised to see city-level ones in there, which makes me think it's not some huge challenge.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Everspace 2 is really fun. Is it PC only? Hopefully it comes to console because it's pretty great.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I finally dug into Dredge and it’s like a PG fishing version of Disco Elisium and I’m here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I saw the preview and it looked fairly hype but unfortunately I'm one of those people that all those articles have warned about that get brained poisoned by Game Pass and want everything for free. I shan't be paying $25 for an indie pixel treasure. I'll just wait 6 months and either forget it ever existed or be hype when it gets added to Phil's Buffet service.