Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Soon we can start blaming "literally the guy from the show Entourage" instead of vince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Who's going to be in the first group of wrestlers getting released soon?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

MJeff posted:

Tee hee.

There was a shot of him on the pre-show and a shot of him during his entrance while he was holding his daughter that suggested, uh, no, he found out that day.

we should've known that the rubber chicken was gonna make an appearance when cody was making that chicken boo-boo face

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

super macho dude posted:

Bray
some others I guess

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
For like the last 5 years I've been doing a compare / contrast between Wrestle Kingdom and Wrestlemania (average match length, average star rating, what % of the show is wrestling?) and typically both shows have either been 1 night or 2 nights so I've been able to do a direct 1:1 comparison. This year with WK 17 only being 1 night it was a little more difficult to come up with, but here we go:

I wish I could find my other spreadsheets that I know I did, but here are some others for comparison

Mania 36 vs. WK 14

quote:

Direct Comparisons between Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1 and Wrestlemania 36 Part 1
# of matches:

10 (2 Preshow and 8 Regular) (I did not count the Stardom exhibition match) - for WK14 Night 1
9 (1 Preshow and 8 Regular) for WM36 Part 1

Longest match:
39:16 - Kota Ibushi vs. Kazuchika Okada - IWGP Heavyweight Championship
19:00 - AJ Styles vs. Undertaker - Boneyard Match

Total length of in ring time:
WK 14 Night 1 - 4:13:45
WM36 Part 1 - 1:42:50

Total length of show:
WK14 Night 1 - 5:07:00 - (counting preshow)
WM36 Part 1 - 3:58:37 (counting preshow)

quote:

Direct Comparisons between Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2 and Wrestlemania 36 Part 2
# of matches:
9 (1 Preshow and 8 Regular) for WK14 Night 2
9 (1 Preshow and 8 Regular) for WM36 Part 2

Longest match:
35:37 - Tetsuya Naito vs. Kazuchika Okada - Champion vs. Champion Match
36:35 - Edge vs. Randy Orton - Last Man Standing Match (This is the 2nd longest Wrestemania match in history. I was blown away to find out this fact)

WK 14 Night 2 - 2:54:29
WM36 Part 2 - 2:02:20

Total length of show:
WK14 Night 2 - 4:56:35 - (counting preshow)
WM36 Part 2 - 4:24:33 - (counting preshow)

Mania 34 vs. WK 12 (this was I think the first one I did so it's very basic information)

quote:

# of matches:
10 for WK12
14 for WM34

longest match:
34:36 (Omega vs. Jericho)
20:40 (Angle / Rousey vs. HHH / Steph)

WK ~224 minutes (3:45 minutes)
WM34 ~169 minutes (2:45 minutes)

Total length of show:
WK12 - 5:50 minutes
WM34 - 7:10 minutes (counting preshow)

(My plan ONE DAY is to go through all of these shows with the level of detail I have now)

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 7, 2023

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/eggydrago/status/1643598373956759553?s=61&t=ekRyXxBjaNIALwWgK2O6xQ

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
6.25 stars? inflation is a real bitch these days ain't it

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Just be thankful Vince didn't have to apologize for having a different kind of mustache

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Ad by Khad posted:

6.25 stars? inflation is a real bitch these days ain't it

I mean it was a really loving awesome match (although I don't think it should've been 6.25 stars as it was not nearly as good as any of the Okada vs. Omega trilogy matches)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

super macho dude posted:

Everyone that HHH brought back that Vince already had released once before i bet are nervous

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Digital Jedi posted:

Everyone that HHH brought back that Vince already had released once before i bet are nervous

Regal would be the funniest IMO.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

1glitch0 posted:

Regal would be the funniest IMO.

:emptyquote:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Good Brothers probably will be the first to be released and I'll cackle especially since Karl kinda of kept the Never title hostage for a bit

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

it's rad that the only thing we'll remember a few years from now of cody's triumphant return home will be the codyvator getting stuck, his broken titty and a rubber chicken dunking on him after he jobbed out at wrestlemania

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Orange Carlisle posted:

it's rad that the only thing we'll remember a few years from now of cody's triumphant return home will be the codyvator getting stuck, his broken titty and a rubber chicken dunking on him after he jobbed out at wrestlemania

Not that's not entirely fair. There's also the time Brock Lesnar buried him for like 10 straight minutes after making him look like the worlds biggest idiot.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Supposedly pretty deadly was set to debut on RAW during the canned rollins segment, Vince nixed it

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

NienNunb posted:

Still feel bad for Cody

I don't

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

We know. You hate a guy for leaving a company you didn’t enjoy watching him in for a company you don’t watch. Respect.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

We know. You hate a guy for leaving a company you didn’t enjoy watching him in for a company you don’t watch. Respect.

It's because he should've known he was going to be made to look like a geek in WWE.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

It's because he should've known he was going to be made to look like a geek in WWE.

My brother in christ he lost one match, the main event of a massively successful show. The Rock lost to a heel at Wrestlemania. Kenny Omega lost to Okada like 2 times in a row. The first time was at Wrestle Kingdom! Nobody threw a chicken i’ll give you that one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Eat My Fuc posted:

Supposedly pretty deadly was set to debut on RAW during the canned rollins segment, Vince nixed it

lol did he canceled their debut in the commercial break?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

super macho dude posted:

Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss have to be a lock

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I just love the hubris.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

super macho dude posted:

There's no timeline where bray isn't the first out the door

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I think if we Meme Maniacs work together we can do a shot-for-shot remake of "Homer's Enemy" with Cody as Grimey, Roman as Homer, and the Rubber Chicken as the EVP Hero Dog

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

My brother in christ he lost one match, the main event of a massively successful show. The Rock lost to a heel at Wrestlemania. Kenny Omega lost to Okada like 2 times in a row. The first time was at Wrestle Kingdom! Nobody threw a chicken i’ll give you that one.

Look at his previous run with WWE. Vince does not like Cody. He was doing good stuff with the dreck he was given and he still got humiliated over and over.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

A Rhodes isn't going over, that's good poo poo

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

That DICK! posted:

I think if we Meme Maniacs work together we can do a shot-for-shot remake of "Homer's Enemy" with Cody as Grimey, Roman as Homer, and the Rubber Chicken as the EVP Hero Dog

"Cody, or Stardust as he liked to be called..."

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamYeary15/status/1644436372491587584?t=ASUe9YVjjjq_2PP3rionzw&s=19

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

o7

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

We are unfortuantely not going to be in the funniest of timelines. https://twitter.com/Cultaholic/status/1644457775496404995
Vince is only going to poo poo up the bigger decisions the day to day booking of the show is probably just gonna be uniform beige.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

LionYeti posted:

We are unfortuantely not going to be in the funniest of timelines. https://twitter.com/Cultaholic/status/1644457775496404995
Vince is only going to poo poo up the bigger decisions the day to day booking of the show is probably just gonna be uniform beige.

No it’s just trips retirement show Vince will be back weekly.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Vince gonna learn how to work remotely so he can make changes to shows even when he isn't there

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Vince gonna learn how to work remotely so he can make changes to shows even when he isn't there

Its gonna be the return of the Anonymous Raw GM

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shotzi and Nattie are going to be known as The Ballsy Baddies lmao

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Vince will be driving one of those videoconference robots around backstage screaming at interns from the little screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

still can't believe vince is going out in public like that

bravo to whoever convinced him that he looks good