Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sesame oil's the real deal coffee flavoring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Just deep fry your coffee and drink the oil straight from the pot like an animal

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Yeah I'd like a venti fried latte with cracklins

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Just deep fry your coffee and drink the oil straight from the pot like an animal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6y_3KR7IV4

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Good first step, but then he brews it normally, like a dog.

Incidentally, he also didn't hate the olive oil coffee

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Apr 7, 2023

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
James Hoffmann is such a loving nerd.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Antigravitas posted:

James Hoffmann is such a loving nerd.

Yeah he rules

Also all of the olive oil coffees I see where someone isn’t loving it up on purpose add olive oil to the milk and it gets incorporated as it foams. I can see that tasting OK with the right type of olive oil but it really just seems like a gimmick.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I am disappointed he didn't try the deep fried coffee in his bripe.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

he's so proud of the abomination he has fathered.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
olive oil coffee is apparently the new gimmick thing at Starbucks... because Howard Schultz met a dude who ate olive oil every day, and he thought "hey what if i mix that with my coffee", which is a normal human thought to have about olive oil

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Apr 7, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:discourse:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

WHY.ARE.THERE.NOODLES.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This is it, you've found my limit.
loading the pizza with so much sausage that you can't taste anything but spicy processed meat is beyond me.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

By popular demand posted:

This is it, you've found my limit.
loading the pizza with so much sausage that you can't taste anything but spicy processed meat is beyond me.

I'm polar opposite. I want a pepperoni cake. I'll even say we can not call it a pizza. I can't imagine a day of my life a slice of this wouldn't have been great. I'm sure the effects of eating it are gonna be horrible.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

nesamdoom posted:

I'm polar opposite. I want a pepperoni cake. I'll even say we can not call it a pizza. I can't imagine a day of my life a slice of this wouldn't have been great. I'm sure the effects of eating it are gonna be horrible.

:same:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Oh my GERD!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

You wanted No Pizza Rules, so you must live in the lawless Eternal Pizza Frontier. Sounds exciting, you might think, like you’ll be a pioneer, always at the bleeding edge of pizza discovery, who would be immortalized in the history books. But nobody thinks they’ll be the one to succumb to dysentery.

RIP Andy
peperony and chease

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

nesamdoom posted:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

There we go, that's the good potentially edible stuff

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Did you know you can put pepperoni in lasagna?

I hate it because a pepperoni that is not fried in the open air of a pizza oven is greasy squeaky mystery meat texture but it sounds like there's a lot of people that like that.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

That's a quiche.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I've used pepperoni in baked pasta dishes but I usually render them a bit on a baking sheet first

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

zedprime posted:

I hate it because a pepperoni that is not fried in the open air of a pizza oven is greasy squeaky mystery meat texture but it sounds like there's a lot of people that like that.

hard agree, i don't want the floppy mystery meat. gotta have the crispy grease cups.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

zedprime posted:

The trick is to pan-fry them first.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

I have that exact same bottle of olive oil.

Namaste.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i was wondering where steve1989mre went, was kinda worried covid got him. but i have discovered he is fine and is working on some very high level projects.

quote:

Howdy folks,

I'm currently working on 4 videos and rotating around on 'em. Required additional education and understanding. Couldn't clown a $6,000, $3,000, $1,555, or $1,500 project. Found an Imperial Japanese ration for only $500. My max bid on one thing not too long ago was $11,006. Thankfully it didn't go that high... a real win for only $1,555.

Writing music - utilizing unique photos and doing it the way I always wanted to do it. Not giving projected dates for anything because it's not my style - things happen and they can be ready later, sooner, or who knows when sometimes.

Learned not to give out definitive dates. I'm not a production studio team - just one dude doing it.

*Edit - I have one other special WW2 ration project and I'm not able to provide much detail as of yet. Was about to blab about it here... Will be known once it's out. Working on the music now.

The $6,000 project I've been working on for months now it seems. Almost complete filming.

Also got a 2021 HDR menu 1 & 2 that's fully edited. That's not getting released standalone though.

Also have 4 hard drives full of pre-filmed stuff. Some okay, some not so great, others? Gems. Like a 2017 freeze dried Estonian 24hr.. went back to look at it recently. Filmed November 2019.. man it has some funny moments! But again... I'm not coming back with some 3 1/2 year old pre-shoot to pair with a 2021 HDR. I want the $6,000 project (WW2 US Ration and equipment) to pair with the HDR next. Then a $1,500 project which is a prototype ration. Research for the Frigid Trail Ration is another current - ever see one? I never knew they still existed until seeing a case turn up out of Alaska. Cost 3 grand and that was a good price.

No ration reviewer is going to get better at their craft if they're doing things the exact same way, with little to no research or understanding, or *without a bit of sacrifice.

Alright cool, see ya. -ST

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Antigravitas posted:

That's a quiche.
I think it's a lasagna, or possibly a very intricately constructed calzone.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

i was wondering where steve1989mre went, was kinda worried covid got him. but i have discovered he is fine and is working on some very high level projects.

Ah, good to know. With those kind of folks, I always wonder if they opened up the wrong ration pack if I haven't seen em in a while.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ah, good to know. With those kind of folks, I always wonder if they opened up the wrong ration pack if I haven't seen em in a while.

Classified Phoenix

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/06/sta...Ctwitter%7Cmain

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

dog nougat posted:

There no way milk would save it. Unless you just really love the taste of olive oil

Mustard would help it emulsify

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Decrepus posted:

Mustard would help it emulsify

How hard would it be to make a coffee mayonnaise? Seems like the kind of thing that would cut the morning routine in half. Maybe gently heat coffee grounds in olive oil on low until the caffeine is extracted, filter, and use that? According to the Internet caffeine is both water and oil soluble so you should get caffeinated olive oil from that. And a mayonnaise recipe uses like a cup of oil to a few teaspoons of everything else; I bet you could pack a lot of coffee in that if you were really trying then the mayonnaise would be mostly caffeinated.

I bet it would look like death. But think about the advantages! You could bring a sandwich and a cup of coffee to lunch in your bespoke bicycling backpack without having to deal with liquid coffee! And the mayonnaise would be actually literally addictive so those jerk doctors wouldn't be able to tell you to eat less! And the coffee poops would be so tremendously smooth.

This is intriguing. Patent pending don't steal.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

:pastryno::mayo:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Pookah posted:

WHY.ARE.THERE.NOODLES.

for the crunch, mamee noodles are a crunchy noodle snack

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol I don’t know if I ever saw this one

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/337700123297447936/1094318476681822278/oUxssxn.mp4