Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Записки пасквілянта posted:

2008, Lviv.

Maxim Fomin, better known as Vladlen Tatarsky in the UPA Museum.
(from t.me/volodymyrboyko/4297, via tgsa)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Tythas posted:

How about we don't post pictures of classified materials or tweets with the pictures of classified material in the thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress yeah, great shoot

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

nobody has to worry this might make Ukraine look worse

This applies to everything and has for over a year now

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Homeless Friend posted:

azov etc arent really impressive or important. more the (even more) crazy nationalist becoming cemented in ukrainian govt. you know those mf gonna prop up some insane poo poo post war lol

Azov run children's camps, indoctrinating the next generation into their ideology. As we saw in Zolote, they're not answerable to central governm,anet and as we saw in my favourite example of Ukrainian nazism, the direct democracy pogrom, they're not answerable to the judiciary. They seem to constantly be in America, often interacting with top level government officials.

gradenko_2000 posted:

is it bad that it was actually Ukrainians who were "ethnically cleansing" Germans out of East Prussia?

You don't have to put it in scare quotes, some of the Eastern European German populations had been there for over a millennium.

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, I wouldn’t suggest posting itt with your government issued laptop.

Why not, that's why the FSB issued it to me.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol wtf was up with this guy?

it's pretty easy to figure out his deal

for someone so paranoid about a few twitter posts, he has terrible forums posting opsec

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

i think Ukraine just doesn't want it enough

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) has no interest in “freezing” the situation on the battlefield in Ukraine.

This was said by NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg in an interview with Radio Liberty.

When asked how likely the scenario is that the front line will be frozen where is it now, Stoltenberg said that he would be cautious about the probability of such a scenario. He thinks that it is NATO Allies’ responsibility to make sure that it does not happen, to maximize the likelihood that it does not come to that.

The NATO Secretary General also said that what NATO would like to see is Ukraine can liberate more land to throw away president Putin’s troops, and then that can create conditions for some kind of negotiations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/pravda_eng/status/1644482686688579585

thank u brandon

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/azgeopolitics/status/1644474076562436097?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

fake news

Bakhmut holds!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
midjourney prompt:

printed nato planning document, realistic, showing progress in the ukraine war, looks like it spent all morning at the conference in my back pocket being farted on, color, photograph

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah Russian telegram is claiming Bakhmut is done, but there won't be official confirmation for a while even if it's true.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

These are my esteemed colleagues, if you were wondering why I'm so normal and well-adjusted.

- Political Science
- Economics
- Lutheran theology
- Religious Studies
- Divinity Studies

at least his PhD divinity isn’t one of those online ones a lot of the Rev Drs have

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Wanna see the national and state learning standards for doctoral divinity studies programs

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Bilingual, required for promotion, all of my work needs to be if not done then available in both languages.

e: This is the direct result of the 90% English Army being deployed on the streets of French cities in the 70's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcS2LBx3nZ4

Like this, but with worse accents.

i was expecting a video about the english army being deployed in french cities in the seventies but this is still pretty wtf in that its depicting english army as basically doing a military occupation of a town and not even bothering to explain why because its just taken for granted that these filthy papists cant be left to their own devices

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

it's like the pro-ukraine areas are incapable of taking, or even considering, bad news, everything is either 3d chess or good actually because. it's getting pretty crazy

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

CODChimera posted:

it's like the pro-ukraine areas are incapable of taking, or even considering, bad news, everything is either 3d chess or good actually because. it's getting pretty crazy

This still applies often

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/746803108949409793?s=46&t=fppHBZSlD4AbSz5pJxjFMQ

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Vomik posted:

lol @ "At Peace with War: a chaplain's meditations from Afghanistan"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hmmmm i wonder how badly people are gonna take the news of balhmuts fall once its confirmed

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

:cheerdoge:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

hmmmm i wonder how badly people are gonna take the news of balhmuts fall once its confirmed

"it wasn't important anyway" and/or "lol it took them so long"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ukraine is hosed now that the Russians have Bahamut

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Regarde Aduck posted:

"it wasn't important anyway" and/or "lol it took them so long"

drat you’re too fast. But in all seriousness, I thought they’d take it before the new year.

Al-Saqr posted:

It will only mean I can say I wasn’t wrong; I was merely ~5 months too early in my guess of when Russia would take Bakhmut…

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Ukraine is hosed now that the Russians have Bahamut

not to worry...zelensky has been charging up for knights of the round

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

i will react calmly

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

strategically insignificant city thats a costly strategic defeat for Russia costing Putin 20 rashist orcs for every defender

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1644426860086849549?s=20

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Some Guy TT posted:

i was expecting a video about the english army being deployed in french cities in the seventies but this is still pretty wtf in that its depicting english army as basically doing a military occupation of a town and not even bothering to explain why because its just taken for granted that these filthy papists cant be left to their own devices

Sorry, that's my fault for amusing myself with the similarities. There's a NFB film here. I forgot that people who aren't from here might not know we came within a hair of the Troubles breaking out here.

Did they move Good Friday in Ukraine too?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

this pretty much means that unless the ukranians really worked overtime to fortify, everything east of the Dnieper is in real danger from the russians, right? this was THE lynchpin city.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

this pretty much means that unless the ukranians really worked overtime to fortify, everything east of the Dnieper is in real danger from the russians, right? this was THE lynchpin city.

if the Russians have anything left in them yeah

they've got to both have the reserves left to keep going and also have enough to defend against any upcoming offensive

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Al-Saqr posted:

C-SPAM certified prediction: If Bakhmut fully falls, it won’t lead to major Russian breakthroughs anytime soon (call it next 90-120 days).

Sorry Ukraine, I might’ve just hosed a few oblasts.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

I suspect this war is going to last for many years that will ultimately end up with everything east of the Dnieper being under Russian control. Its a strong natural barrier that would make any future large scale armored assault by Ukraine and NATO impossible unless they try going through Belarus. The inflection point after that will be whether or not the the US accepts that or if they sponsor terrorist / guerilla attacks throughout Eastern Ukraine.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

oh no not the liquor store!

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Mister Bates posted:

oh no not the liquor store!

That’s a strategic objective.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Al! posted:

princess patricia's light infantry lmao are all units named this silly

sherman helmsleigh's fancy lads

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Sorry, that's my fault for amusing myself with the similarities. There's a NFB film here. I forgot that people who aren't from here might not know we came within a hair of the Troubles breaking out here.

found this on youtube and it appears to be about canada???

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Can't believe yanks are talking poo poo about PPCLI after they saved your asses in Korea.

Some Guy TT posted:

found this on youtube and it appears to be about canada???

Yeah that's what I'm saying.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
again we will not tolerate poo poo talk from canadians

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Yeah that's what I'm saying.

but the original post said english soldiers in french cities did you mean like french speaking cities and not cities in france

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Some Guy TT posted:

but the original post said english soldiers in french cities did you mean like french speaking cities and not cities in france

Yes.