Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

(and yes, the defense attorneys have pics of the rainbow wrists at the capitol on 1/6)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Majorian posted:

lmfao good, I hope every public appearance she makes from here on out features something like this.

Of course everything they said was true and she should have people yell at her every time she goes out but they were probably LaRouchites.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

His Purple Majesty posted:

I'm having an existential crisis rn where I'm realizing the government considers wanting good things to happen to be basically illegal and a threat to civilization and they will go as far as constructing an entire artificial reality for people to get sucked into only to be punished or killed for it. What's the point of organizing if most of the people you're organizing with are literal federal agents sent to spy and entrap you into a prison sentence or assassination? And even if you do organize the general public seems to be apathetic or outright hostile to you? I'm going insane!

ram dass in hell posted:

welcome to cspam enjoy yr stay

e: im not quite at the "everything is hopeless just take care of those close to you" level but no matter your level of "optimism" it's a rough time for people with basic human empathy. at least you can post with your pals about it

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Apr 7, 2023

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

no politician should be able to leave the house without getting yelled at

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Of course everything they said was true and she should have people yell at her every time she goes out but they were probably LaRouchites.

Probably, but meh. As long as what they're saying is true and they're not sprinkling it in with poo poo about Verdi or the British royal family I'm fine with it.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

oh no!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
FBI must be a pretty cool job. Get paid middle class wages to cosplay all day and like all you have to do is do some paperwork and maybe spend an hour in jail every 3-4 years.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

ram dass in hell posted:

welcome to cspam enjoy yr stay

you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

I'm having an existential crisis rn where I'm realizing the government considers wanting good things to happen to be basically illegal and a threat to civilization and they will go as far as constructing an entire artificial reality for people to get sucked into only to be punished or killed for it. What's the point of organizing if most of the people you're organizing with are literal federal agents sent to spy and entrap you into a prison sentence or assassination? And even if you do organize the general public seems to be apathetic or outright hostile to you? I'm going insane!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Maximo Roboto posted:

does anyone know who Michael Lind is and what his deal is?

https://twitter.com/sullydish/status/1644438113597419533

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Find meaning in the care and feeding of animals

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
The moral of most cyberpunk stories is "do whatever you need to take care of those close to you because you can't change anything".

We are currently living in a cyberpunk dystopia.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
my cousin's kid just got knifed in school, i can't tell by the picture but it looks like two slashes that got a couple inches across the ribs both times, half inch or more deep

im blaming neatheterodude, personally, for this

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Nichael posted:

holy poo poo they admit it

Protected now. Anyone have a screenshot?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Organ Fiend posted:

The moral of most cyberpunk stories is "do whatever you need to take care of those close to you because you can't change anything".

We are currently living in a cyberpunk dystopia.

Yup.

People keep complaining modern cyberpunk stories aren’t “punk” enough but both genres are fundamentally nihilistic.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bernie Sanders ftw

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

mastershakeman posted:

my cousin's kid just got knifed in school, i can't tell by the picture but it looks like two slashes that got a couple inches across the ribs both times, half inch or more deep

im blaming neatheterodude, personally, for this

demod

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/LeftyDatingApp/status/1641879031015702528

lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/Smutteh/status/1644413833342066732

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bernie Sanders ftw

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

why is there a kangaroo, are they leftist

or perhaps left handed

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

:barf:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwqN3Ur-wP0

personally i recommend embracing the buddhist doctrine of emptiness to access nirvana via shitposting

MLKQUOTEMACHINE has issued a correction as of 00:11 on Apr 8, 2023

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

This is the agency that libs are totally fine with having censor what we are allowed to read or write online & offline.

Wow look at this dangerous under mining of Ameircan institutions and security by Willa or should I say Lyudmila. Also something something something Matt Taibbi

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

i like how the guy is holding the umbrella over himeslf but not the lady

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

i like how the guy is holding the umbrella over himeslf but not the lady

dudes rock

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
what uhh what does this effectively mean

https://twitter.com/CAKitchener/status/1644466950960205825?s=20

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1644455053644767235

in a wonderful showing of how bought out the Times are this entire article completely avoids mentioning anything that is in the documents other than being extremely vague about what region they're about

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

practice square breathing and likely seek cognitive therapy if you can afford it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Grapplejack posted:

in a wonderful showing of how bought out the Times are this entire article completely avoids mentioning anything that is in the documents other than being extremely vague about what region they're about

Thinking about what would've happened to the Pentagon Papers today

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

loquacius posted:

Hey remember how the British just kind of packed their bags and left after the Boston Tea Party

You're joking, but even that kind of protest is too violent. Breaking property? Oh no!

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1644455053644767235

whats in the documents?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Thinking about what would've happened to the Pentagon Papers today

I'm still half-expecting for Hersh to be arrested on some pretext.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

trump!

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Blockade posted:

whats in the documents?

Open source intelligence, weather forecasts, and maps.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

I'm still half-expecting for Hersh to be arrested on some pretext.

He'll just get into a car accident or throw himself out a window

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

That's a right crack ping there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008